Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorism, history and reasons

CatAstrofix

Very interesting link I found, lots of "fast-info" and further links for deeper look. (I hope it hasn't been mentioned before and I just over looked it)

http://www.fact-index.com/t/te/terrorism.html

I think that no amount of guns, threats, allies or sanctions will ever stop terrorism. Not any individual grup or the phenomena. Only possible way is to make the motives of terrorism disappear. I've heard the expression, if you cut a snakes head, the body dies. In terrorism I guess if you cut the head of the snake, it grows several more. Can't be killed but could be taimed..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• CatAstrofix

• MK ULTRA

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you see not all terrorism is bad.

Terrorism nowadays is looked upon as all being bad.

By definition it is a vehicle for a weaker power to bring its plight to the fore.

However the type of terrorim al queda uses is different.

I disagree on that, terrorism is always bad. By definiton (from the link I mentioned)

Terrorism, originating from the French 18th century word terrorisme (under the Terror), is the term commonly used to refer to the calculated use of violence or the threat of violence, against the civilian population, usually for the purpose of obtaining political or religious goals.

From this I'd underline the civilian population, how could it be not bad?

Thanks for the link.

Terrorism is impossible to stop,its everywhere!

I terrorize my girlfriend daily,my boss terrorizes me,McDonalds terrorizes me to buy burgers!

There is no such thing as the war on terror!

Well consider this example.

Scottish wars of independence.

It might not have been called terrorism then but when we held surprise attacks on the English inorder to gain our independence from a larger much stronger aggressor then its right.

Sometimes terrorism is the only way an oppressed voicless people can get a voice. or even gain a noble cause.

Try an take yourself out of the al queada mindset

Well consider this example.

Scottish wars of independence.

It might not have been called terrorism then but when we held surprise attacks on the English inorder to gain our independence from a larger much stronger aggressor then its right.

Sometimes terrorism is the only way an oppressed voicless people can get a voice. or even gain a noble cause.

Try an take yourself out of the al queada mindset

Well, I don't consider independence wars as terrorism, and if I did, I'd put it in "state terrorism" -category. There's a difference in terrorism and resistance. In the link I posted there's quite nicely explained the differences of various acts. Of course, you must know better about scottish issues, and I won't even start to argue about that.

I'm not sure what inspired you to give that last advice for me, but lets say you made a guess, a bad one though. If you care to explain bit more....?

BTW, I never mentioned al queda. I don't like ppl putting words in my mouth.

i wasnt criticisin you at all it wasnt meant like that.

I was meanin that in a broader sense.

I lot of people had no concept really of what terrorism was before 9/11

this tars the terrorism concept was all i was sayin.

it wasnt an attack at all.