Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hunting did not kill off woolly mammoth

woolly mammoth dna hunting climate change

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I love it when the news reports long standing theories as if they're new...

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#17    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

So quit dumping your garbage. There was definitely a climate change, however humans had absolutely NOTHING to do with it except many millions died. These Mammoths died abruptly, frozen.

#18    George Ford

George Ford

Shadow Slayer

• 2,660 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just out of interest, how many people do you think a Woolly Mammoth would feed? Cos I think humans back then were small tightly knit wandering groups. When they found a heard of Mammoths they would only kill one and I would assume it would feed them all for many days.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#19    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postbulveye, on 20 October 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Just out of interest, how many people do you think a Woolly Mammoth would feed? Cos I think humans back then were small tightly knit wandering groups. When they found a heard of Mammoths they would only kill one and I would assume it would feed them all for many days.
This ignores evidence in the fossil record of pleistocene overkill. Often these hunters would not merely kill one to eat but would stampede whole herds off cliffs by lighting fires behind them. They would then eat one or two leaving the rest to rot, repeating the process the next time. I don't think overkill and climate change are mutually exclusive and both may have contributed.
http://www.stanford....NatSci_2004.pdf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users