Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drugs Leaked Into Rivers Make Fish Antisocial

Render

BOSTON — Drugs taken by humans can have unintended side effects — on fish, in the natural environment. Turns out, fish fed extremely low concentrations of an antianxiety drug eat more quickly, and act bolder and more antisocial than their un-medicated peers, a new study finds.

http://www.livescience.com/27150-psychiatric-drugs-changing-fish-behavior.html

Why is this so believable.

I would wonder why there looking at oxepam a not very frequently prescribed medication. Itleast in my area. Our rivers have actual measurable amounts of many other pharmaceuticals from them being flushed into waste water. Both legal and illicit drugs.

I can understand why people would flush the illegal drugs away it there is an unfamiliar knock on the door, but why would people throw pharmaceutical drugs away? You either take them or take them back to the chemist to dispose of.

Boy oh boy, and these people rest assured will be blaming others for their stresses and illnesses!!!

• Like 1

Its not well known I guess by people that these chemical/drug compounds wind up in our rivers and streams. So its probably ignorance mixed with laziness as the main cause. Well except for the unexpected knock at the door problem.

• Like 1

Its not well known I guess by people that these chemical/drug compounds wind up in our rivers and streams. So its probably ignorance mixed with laziness as the main cause. Well except for the unexpected knock at the door problem.

I see there are a few pharmaceutical manufacturers in Boston, (googled it) I do hope they are behaving themselves too, is been known to happen before.