Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

Perhaps the confusion is due to the term "shadow people" itself. I never liked this lately coined phrase.

Astral spirits, demons, djinns were popular in different cultures long before some people introduced this phrase.

The former host of the show, Art Bell, seemingly resurrected the term "shadow people." The term appeared as early as September 21, 1953 as the title of a radio drama that was broadcast on Chicago's WGN-AM "Hall of Fantasy"* series.

While it may be true that some authors are using the information to promote themselves, but the information is available for EVERYONE. To agree or disagree with what is written in such books is entirely upto the reader, but one thing is for sure that there is nothing esoteric about this topic as some self professed "gurus" claim it to be.

• Like 1

I have seen the shadow people and i didnt get a good vibe from them.. they seem like they are watching you and feeding off of the turmoil you are going through.. the only time i did see them was when i was going through a really bad time in my life which i do believe made me vulnerable and possibly is the reason they were there.... maybe trying to encourage the negativity around me to make my life that much worse...

• Like 1

For some reason I was not afraid. I felt this thing wanted to tell me something. I never felt afraid until I thought about reaching out and touching it.

I have seen the shadow people and i didnt get a good vibe from them.. they seem like they are watching you and feeding off of the turmoil you are going through.. the only time i did see them was when i was going through a really bad time in my life which i do believe made me vulnerable and possibly is the reason they were there.... maybe trying to encourage the negativity around me to make my life that much worse...

Or perhaps you projected the darkness in your life into a thought form. Happens all the time.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am sure that some of it is marketing and why should it not be marketing when that is what is requried. Remember that we live in a visual age and people respond to visualisation. There is not one mention of fear or mythology or demonic mentioned. People misuse the word 'demon' constantly and 'demons' are not what people think that they are as 'demon' is a blanket cover word for any entity that is of the unknown. Yes, there could very well be dogmatic labels, although that was not my focus in sharing information that I had come across from a well-respected paranormal researcher who has written over 45 books on paranormal subjects. The only way to not be haunted to to overcome fear one hundred percent, so I am at opposite end of the spectrum on the fear - No Fear Motto here. There is alot of information and people need to start reading if they are interested in this topic.

Can't argue with that, but one always has to ask where these people, authors, and gurus are gaining their info. What level of understanding do they really have or are they just parrots or creative writers?

I have read dozens of books only to realize within the first few chapters that the author is well..... Just a writer trying to be a self proclaimed something else.

Edited by Seeker79

Can't argue with that, but one always has to ask where these people, authors, and gurus are gaining their info.

So you mean that statements like "I'm one to talk, I know, given what I have seen. But I have dug very deep into this...." do not qualify as valid citations ? People need something more than that ? Are you sure? ;)

hmmmm...........

Edited by XingWi

So you mean that statements like "I'm one to talk, I know, given what I have seen. But I have dug very deep into this...." do not qualify as valid citations ? People need something more than that ? Are you sure? ;)

hmmmm...........

those are personal statements. They are not valid citations for anybody. An appeal to trust I guess. The plethora of material our there just seems like mythology for sale to me... Playing off peoples fears.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

those are personal statements. They are not valid citations for anybody. An appeal to trust I guess. The plethora of material our there just seems like mythology for sale to me... Playing off peoples fears.

So where are your citations then ?

From a skeptic's point of view, everyone here is speaking "mythologies" borrowed from religions. While I speak of demons from Abrahamic religions, you speak of tulpas from buddhism and spirits from native american mythologies.

It is strange though, how you believe in spirits but refuse to attribute free wil to them.

Fear is harmful, caution is not.

Fear is natural

Of course! So is anxiety and anger.

Overcoming these negative emotions, these barriers is nescessary for a healthy psyche. But that does not mean one has to throw caution to the wind.

• Like 1

So where are your citations then ?

From a skeptic's point of view, everyone here is speaking "mythologies" borrowed from religions. While I speak of demons from Abrahamic religions, you speak of tulpas from buddhism and spirits from native american mythologies.

It is strange though, how you believe in spirits but refuse to attribute free wil to them.

Fear is harmful, caution is not.

Why is it strange? I did not say they don't have free will. I said they are not evil. This belief comes from actually experience. Across the veil/ spirit worlds/ astral levels... Whatever you want to call it is not a physical realm. At least most certainly the spaces in between. Evil is an incarnation of fear. Fear is crippling for any being amplified a 1000 times in spirit. an evil "demon" that exists in the spirit world would simply be wallowing in its own hell completely powerless. Only advanced beings traverse the depths. Part of being "advanced" is benevolence. Evil is a physical trait my friend, not a spiritual one. Hold on to fears as you traverse in to the spirit world, my friend and yes you will find yourself amongst your demons because that is where you chose to put your mind.

I told you... I have done it. I have performed the Mara meditation. I have descended into the depths of hell and have overcome and understood.

I know you are a religious man, but in my view abrahamic religions are religions of fear. Of course you are going to believe in demons because you are taught to fear them. What most of you fail to realize us that your own religion tells you that your are made in the image of god. This is true!!!!! You have all the creative power that god does, how you choose to create is your business, but Id rather not have demons.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Of course! So is anxiety and anger.

Overcoming these negative emotions, these barriers is nescessary for a healthy psyche. But that does not mean one has to throw caution to the wind.

Fear and "Caution" are 2 totally different things-Question mans evolution for your shadow people.

Why is it strange? I did not say they don't have free will. I said they are not evil. This belief comes from actually experience.

So your citations... rather your sources are nothing but your own experiences? And all this time you have been urging people to follow your subjective experiences and ignore what is written in scriptures, and ignore their own negative experiences because.....?

Have you gone and checked in every nook and corner of the universe, physical and spiritual, for this to be your fact that no evil entity exists?

So they are capable of evil, you agree with that, yet it is not possible for at least some of them to be actually evil?

Across the veil/ spirit worlds/ astral levels... Whatever you want to call it is not a physical realm. At least most certainly the spaces in between. Evil is an incarnation of fear. Fear is crippling for any being amplified a 1000 times in spirit. an evil "demon" that exists in the spirit world would simply be wallowing in its own hell completely powerless. Only advanced beings traverse the depths. Part of being "advanced" is benevolence. Evil is a physical trait my friend, not a spiritual one. Hold on to fears as you traverse in to the spirit world, my friend and yes you will find yourself amongst your demons because that is where you chose to put your mind.

Evidence for the underlined parts please.

The rest... I agree with you as I have been through that phase. I have been astral travelling too you see. ;)

But that does not prove non-existence of sinister entities in the spirit world on their own.

I know you are a religious man, but in my view abrahamic religions are religions of fear. Of course you are going to believe in demons because you are taught to fear them. What most of you fail to realize us that your own religion tells you that your are made in the image of god. This is true!!!!! You have all the creative power that god does, how you choose to create is your business, but Id rather not have demons.

The only fear that these religions teach is the fear of God alone. When you fear God there is nothing else to be afraid of. This is the only message of fear that you will get from these religions.

You have a misunderstanding of what these religions preach. The underlined parts... please refer them again.

And since you enjoyed your chance attempting to preach us our own religion, I think I should get my turn too. You are a native american shaman you say. Yet you fail to realize what your own ancestors believed in. Here is a tiny list for you:

List of Native-American Demons

And if you do not follow your ancestors here then is it that you are claiming to have discovered something that your forefathers after "centuries of communicating with the spirit world" (this is your claim not mine) failed to discover? This does not mean that I am saying that your ancestors's beliefs in these demons are correct in every detail but they did believe in evil entities from the spiritual realm... a belief that you chose to abandon.

Edited by XingWi

Fear and "Caution" are 2 totally different things-Question mans evolution for your shadow people.

Never said they are one and the same. Infact I said they are different. I meant... being afraid is a huge deterrent in the development of a healthy psyche and hence can be harmful, you need to confront those but that does not mean one stops being cautious. That comment is in context of this discussion in particlar that is going on for around 20 pages. The participants here know what it implies.

The underlined part... please expand.

Edited by XingWi

Never said they are one and the same. Infact I said they are different. I meant... being afraid is a huge deterrent in the development of a healthy psyche and hence can be harmful, you need to confront those but that does not mean one stops being cautious. That comment is in context of this discussion in particlar that is going on for around 20 pages. The participants here know what it implies.

I'm on a break and must be quick so i wont reply for a while-Put yourself back in time to when man was evolving and when we were a food source to most large predators.We didn't sleep in open plains because the dangers were too-we sought caves to survive.The unfortunate thing is predators also sought this same place.Shadows moving made early man fear them.Its a crap description but i hope you get the idea.I have to go back to work- sorry its so disjointed but i will explain my thoughts later.

whoa. i can definitely say i've never heard of the hatman before i read this, and i knew a bit about shadow people...but then i googled it just now!

i can't imagine seeing either of those, i think the creepier one would probably be the hatman!

although, must say he reminds me of the 'man in black' from the dark tower books by stephen king. hmmm ;)

I'm on a break and must be quick so i wont reply for a while-Put yourself back in time to when man was evolving and when we were a food source to most large predators.We didn't sleep in open plains because the dangers were too-we sought caves to survive.The unfortunate thing is predators also sought this same place.Shadows moving made early man fear them.Its a crap description but i hope you get the idea.I have to go back to work- sorry its so disjointed but i will explain my thoughts later.

The cave theory you mentioned was actually proposed by some psychologists to explain arachnophobia.

Well, I can't speak for all experiencers with certainty but I am almost certain that no one here is (or ever was) afraid of actual shadows of physical objects.

Ive seen a shadow man a few times, The first time at my Garndmothers, i saw it reflected in the mirror walking into another room, i wasnt really thinking at all as i was brushing my teeth. The second I was at my friends house i was playing with my friends little kid when i saw a shadow person look around the corner and walk into the garage, i wasnt really thinking about too much then eiether. The third time i was watching a movie with my partner and i looked up and saw a shadowman walk out of the kitchen, turn and look at me then walk out the front door-everytime i saw them i wasnt really thinking, i was pretty relaxed, although seeing them always makes me unsettled afterwards.. I would say emotions and also a clear state of mind make us more susceptible to these things??

• 1 month later...

Ok what do we all have in common ???? Ive seen it...and it was not pleased to see me...i practically raped the thing but it begged that i wouldnt...i see most of you are afraid of it...while some are neutral...i have gone wild on it and it was afraid to leave the shadow..... IT had a normal WITCH hat......but all black..no gold, and it was like an egypcian statue of blackness...more black than black itself............. i could read its mind.... it said : Please leave me be.... and it could change from ONE FORM TO ANOTHER without hesitation, and when i tried PUNCHING it............ it stopped me convincing me that it would be useless for it was in a so HARD form that it would be useless...... so i didnt punch it...but i stared in its eye....when i GOt close to it.....i could see my RED reflex (fire) ...... and it was BLACK PITCH DARK ....no eyes...just the statue of it........black......in a mix of WITCH and EGYPCTIAN entity............. WHAT THE F. IS THAT ?????? Ive been researching since but .......

WHY does everyone say its EVIL ????

more info : He is CHROME alright..>ALL CHROME BLACK for me.... and he can walk through doors but in my case he came beneath the door in the form of GAS.....BLACK GAS...and he formed himself into what we call the HATMAN I SAW HIm...HE WAS FOLLOWING my girlfriends mother ... I SAW HIM and i WENT directly to him to KILL , so he passed the door to follow my gf mom she obviously didnt see him and i came out of the room knowing something WAS WRONG..... she went to the bathroom and i CAME behind him hee saw me (dont know how ) and became gassy and went to the nearest SHADOW i followed him just the same VELOCITY, and i saw him turn into a BLACK CHROME being with a WHITCH HAT and a egyptian form statue..lets say..with a PERFECT greek NOSE.... ) ..... I APPROCHED the figure and all i could see was him standing there like he was harder then metal himself, and i though ima hit him HARD mother f........ so i lift my arm, and he THINKS TO ME (Doesnt open a mouth just thinks ) > Please dont its useless..... Although i had the feeling it would be a quite nice fight......i didnt hit him......

PS :

lately i have been working (on the other side) with lots of %$() thats going on on EARTH so i had a training to know how to DEAL WITH THE GRAVITY when you are on the other side.

PPl usually say gravity is HARDER on the other side...and it is...if you go further and further ...it gets hard to CONTROL your self....

Some ppl think its exausting to Astral Travel...and it is...so training is important since you are a kid.

So you can transform your self to fire, or whatever you want.....you also can have superpowers, once you have knowleadge of the gravity.....

SO WHY THE PS ? BECAUSE OF THIS >>>>>>>

The FEELING I HAD WAS THAT EVEN HITTING HIM WITH THE FORCE OF A PLANET ....... He wouldnt die......... so i didnt.... SO WHAT did i do ?

I Got myself closer to him.......lookin his eyes...i could see my reflex..........fire..burning.....he was BLACK CHROME.....i just stared and though : You ever mess with me im coming after you all......

I felt no fear........ i FELT HE FELT FEAR for me.....and he could NOT leave the SHADOW .... BECAUSE i was in a fire state ??????? Or because i think PURE ??/ ... DONT KNOW...

I just recommend this to you ALL : DO NOT FEEL FEAR........ KNOW YOU ARE LIGHT....

But for those who wanna find out..if this is really what it says it is..... than there IS no need to fight it.

Although i find it strange to inhabit the shadows.

Edited by TheRedMan

I don't know much about this "Hatman," but I know the shadow people have been somewhat recorded on video and described by spiritual mediums multiple times. As well as of course, all the thousands of eyewitness accounts concerning them. Who they are, what they are, where they come from, all of these basic questions are still to this day unknown. However I think it is safe to say that with at least the majority of cases concerning shadow people, they are generally malicious and like to cause fear or even harm. That's why I find them to be the most important of all cases that we should concern ourselves with.

We don't allow that kind of behavior in our living society, so why allow it from those in the spiritual realm?

I can tell you my experience was terrifying to me. I was sixteen, and dabbling in the occult at the time. One evening, I was having a very difficult time getting to sleep. I was tossing and turning in bed, when I began to feel apprehensive. I had the feeling that I was not alone in my very small bedroom. I half sat up in bed, and looking out my window, saw the shadowy outline of a man's shadow outside my window. I should pause to tell you that I lived in a second-story apartment, and there were no trees, no ledges, and no other means for someone to be standing outside my window. I was struck dumb, unable to call for help, and unable to scream. I looked away, then at the window again, and the shadow was gone. I began to get out of bed to go to my mother, when I realized that the shadow of a very tall man stood in the doorway of my room. There was only the dark shadow of this thing, no discernible features, which is strange, because the streetlamps outside should have thrown some kind of light on it. I became very child-like in that moment, pulling the covers up over my head, and reciting every prayer I knew, to any god or goddess that would listen. After several quiet minutes, I slowly pulled down the covers and found myself alone in the room. I scrambled to the end of the bed, and reached for the light switch next to the door. I had nearly reached it, hoping to dissipate the darkness, when I heard a growl, like that of a very large and very p***ed off dog. It sounded like it was on the floor next to my bed, and stopped as soon as I stopped trying to turn on the light. Needless to say, I did not sleep for the rest of the night. I sat up in bed, in the corner farthest from the door, with my back up against the wall until the sun rose outside my window. Only then did I turn on the light and open my door. Feeling safer, I fell asleep for a few hours until I heard the rest of my family waking for the day. I initially dismissed my night terror as just a bad dream with a terrible misinterpretation of time sequence, until I spoke with my very skeptical step-sister. She walked past me in the hall, and mentioned the strange dream she'd had about a shadowy man floating outside her window. Every time I retell this story, the hair on my arms still raises.

The hair on my arm still raises......So he has two dogs is it it ? Even if they dont show up.......