Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Flying Black Triangle Shadow

EmilyMercer96

My Aunt sent a photo to me and my dad of a flying black triangle shadow from her back yard when the sun was setting, she saw with her own eyes. Here I am trying to figure out if it was a glitch from her phone camera, but she says she saw it before she even went to her camera. So she took a photo of it and then it was gone.

Looks like it was kinda close to the shot, could it be paranormal or what?

I've heard strange things being seen in Indiana,but I did some research and found nothing related to this sort of thing.

If anyone has info on this sort of thing please let me know! post-158464-0-85837400-1448075177_thumb.post-158464-0-19312300-1448075190_thumb.

Edited by EmilyMercer96

Looks like a photo of a traffic sign from a moving vehicle.

Clearly something close to the car blurred. Not in the second shot because they had driven past it. :td:

And welcome to UM.

Edit: Also you can seemingly easily make out the bolts coming out the back of the sign.

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 2

Timonthy is 100% absolutely right. That is most assuredly a road sign blurred by motion. With a minor adjustment it is easy to reveal the foreground which shows the blurred pole reaching the ground, signs of the increasing motion blur nearer the camera as you would expect, and even the roadway edge:

post-95887-0-77001500-1448114903_thumb.j

The second shot shows a change in perspective as would be expected from a moving viewpoint, and also shows more detail of the roadway edges - this clearly is NOT a backyard. Why not ask your aunt to show you some pictures that are really from her backyard for comparison? Post them here.

The only question is whether your aunt was/is deliberately or accidentally scamming you.. or you doing it to us.

• Like 1

She was standing still taking a picture of the sunset and this showed up. Believe me, She wasn't in a car or anything. No scam, and no road sign.

Edited by EmilyMercer96

She was standing still taking a picture of the sunset and this showed up. Believe me, She wasn't in a car or anything. No scam, and no road sign.

Nice try, but sorry, no banana. :no:

• Like 2

1. You can clearly see that the photos were takes from different positions. The easiest place to look is the big gap between the trees on the right side of the photo.

In the first photo, you can see 1 pole through the gap. In the second, you can see 2 poles and the gap looks completely different.

2. It 100% looks like the pictures where taken while moving.

1 + 2 = your Aunt is very confused, or lying to you.

If you want to know which one it is, tell her to take you to the exact spot of the FIRST photo and look for street signs. Otherwise she can take another photo from that exact position in full daylight.

Is it on the side of a road?

Why was she standing there in the first place? If it was a road, why would she get out of the car there?

Can you give me the road name/address?

How old is your Aunt? And how old are you?

Sorry but it just seems blatantly obvious. And if it's not obvious to you, then you may have a confusing life ahead of you. That's why I'm trying to help you see the truth here.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Emily, but NO.

If you wish to keep pushing this, you really need to get the verifying photos Timonthy and I have asked for. If what is being claimed is true, why would it be difficult....?

It clearly IS a road sign, the two photos were taken from different locations (and that is most likely via a moving vehicle) and that is clearly NOT a backyard. You need to actually LOOK at the photo you posted.

Here's a simple challenge - tell us roughly where your aunt lives in Indiana. Nearest town will do....

• Like 1

That is nice scenery of the Indiana countryside. It will make a great wallpaper. :tu:

I'm sorry Emily, but NO.

If you wish to keep pushing this, you really need to get the verifying photos Timonthy and I have asked for. If what is being claimed is true, why would it be difficult....?

It clearly IS a road sign, the two photos were taken from different locations (and that is most likely via a moving vehicle) and that is clearly NOT a backyard. You need to actually LOOK at the photo you posted.

Here's a simple challenge - tell us roughly where your aunt lives in Indiana. Nearest town will do....

Idk - it's an odd looking road sign ChrLzs - it looks to be floating high in a field - with some kind of long thick transparent beam coming down from it - also there is no sign of a road.

The OP mentioned that her aunt took the photo from her backyard - maybe her aunts backyard is on acreage ?

Anyway - at this stage - I'm sticking with a camera glitch.

That is nice scenery of the Indiana countryside. It will make a great wallpaper. :tu:

Hawkin - forget the scenery - what do you think it is ?

Hawkin - forget the scenery - what do you think it is ?

The OP claims in her opening post that her aunt saw it before she took a pic. And later stated no road sign.

Like you said, it looks like a glitch. But I wasn't there so making judgment behind a laptop would be looking

from the outside in.

Clearly something close to the car blurred. Not in the second shot because they had driven past it. :td:

And welcome to UM.

Edit: Also you can seemingly easily make out the bolts coming out the back of the sign.

It looks like they double exposed with one of the pictures having someone in flying a kite. You can even see the string and the person holding it.

And welcome to UM.

You mean 'engines' ( not lights) :-*

Idk - it's an odd looking road sign ChrLzs - it looks to be floating high in a field - with some kind of long thick transparent beam coming down from it - also there is no sign of a road.

That is because they are UFO traffic lights ... :whistle:

• Like 1

The OP claims in her opening post that her aunt saw it before she took a pic

Yes - well I feel that part may possibly be a little exaggerated.

And later stated no road sign.

I tend to believe that - as it doesn't look like a road sign to me either.

But I wasn't there so making judgment behind a laptop would be looking

from the outside in.

Yep - I understand about making judgement - but then again - the OP did post the pics here - to see what other peoples opinions were.

So the 'making judgement thing' is naturally going to go with the territory I suppose.

You can even see the string and the person holding it.

A kite - a string - and a person ? golly gosh - your eyes are better than mine then.

Yes - well I feel that part may possibly be a little exaggerated.

Since the OP never witnessed it and got the images from her aunt, it could be possible her aunt is pulling her leg. :-*

• Like 1

Since the OP never witnessed it and got the images from her aunt, it could be possible her aunt is pulling her leg. :-*

True - she might be an aunt with a wacky sense of humour :)

The transparent beam is the pole. It's a 'Yield sign - a lot like our triangular give way signs. It's backlit/silhouetted so you can't see the details, even if it wasn't motion blurred.

20133463-usa-yield-sign.jpgfrom http://www.123rf.com...yield-sign.html

Even the little streaks are in the right place for the bolts. And it's very close (about 20 feet or so), which is why it looks 'high' and also why it is blurred - near things move fast while the far background stays relatively still.

The OP mentioned that her aunt took the photo from her backyard - maybe her aunts backyard is on acreage ?

But there are clear traces of a roadway edge at just the right angle at the base of the images as well, if you brighten up the image..

Anyway - at this stage - I'm sticking with a camera glitch.

Not me, sorry. This is not only quacking, but also flying, swimming, laying eggs and pooping.. just like a duck. Imnsho, it's a duck.

But I will apologise if I need to (and won't that be a cool backdown to see!!) - so OP, where are those pics of her 'backyard' so we can verify this?

BTW, I'm tempted (or would be if I had no life) to drive around Indiana in Google's street view to find this sign and the background scene. But there's an awful lot of candidate roads/intersections & flat-ish ground in Indiana, and there's no real clues like background mountains... so I'll pass on that.

As a rather vague comparison, may i drag this one out of my "Worst of Ufology" collection.

waterspoutweb.jpgfrom http://www.ufosnw.com/sighting_reports/2007/sanluisobispoca11282007/sanluisobispoca11282007.htm

It's a blurred streetlamp (despite the utter crap from the 'expert' on that link, and in that case I can prove it..) and it shows very similar characteristics...

• Like 1

I do not know what it is.

My guess is that it has to do with the angle of the Sun, the Clouds, and atmospheric content at the moment.