Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Higgs Boson 'God' particle discovered

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91    thelasthotrod

thelasthotrod

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• We probably in Hell already, our dumb asses not knowin
    Everybody kissin ass to go to heaven ain't goin
    Put my soul on it-2PAC

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostNasty Gash, on 05 July 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

That's what "discover" means!  One cannot discover something that doesn't exist!
it was just lost

#92    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Is the 'God particle' an impostor? Scientists claim signal found in Large Hadron Collider may not be Higgs after all

http://www.dailymail...-Higgs-all.html

#93    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

View Postsean6, on 10 July 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Is the 'God particle' an impostor? Scientists claim signal found in Large Hadron Collider may not be Higgs after all

http://www.dailymail...-Higgs-all.html

that's because the title of this thread is misleading and no one at the conference ever confirmed finding the Higgs .... they need more time .

Journalism :rolleyes:

#94    freeman88

freeman88

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds."

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

I've been following the LHC progress for years, i remember how excited i was when it first became operational and the possibilities of what could be found. Saying that, whenever i tried to explain to someone how utterly amazing and revolutionary this machine was people just didn't seem to give a ****. Now in 2012, they have found a particle that they "believe may be the Higgs Boson" and every other jackass out there is spamming that they found the "god particle" and how amazing it is(including several i tried to explain this to years ago). **** you all. this must be what a hipster feels like. :td:

#95    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Post27vet, on 04 July 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

This will open up a whole lot more questions.

Agreed, when the cell was discovered, the technology was insufficient to realize that the cell was composed of many smaller organelles and was much more complex than just a little blob of jelly. When the atoms that compose the elements were postulated, and then discovered, they were not found to be homogenous particles, they were composed of electrons, neutrons and protons and for a while that was assumed to be the limit of the composition of matter. But with ever increasing technology we are able to see deeper and deeper into the world of the extremely small. I know little about particle physics, however, it would not be surprising to find these subatomic particles are composed of yet still smaller particles, but at what point technology will be incapable of seeing or detecting the infinitely small remains to be seen.  Perhaps this missing piece of the subatomic puzzle with lead to a unified field theory, one of the "holy grails" of physics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users