Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Almine the Mystic: Saint or fraud?

Zanriel

I did a forum search and couldn't find anything on this person. I just picked up a book by Almine this past weekend. They claim she's like an ascended master or something. The book I got is called "A Life of Miracles: Mystical Keys to Ascension", which is basically part autobiography, part guide to the ascension process.

The stories in there are incredible. I'm split down the middle between skeptic and believer, so I really don't know what to make of it. I did a bit of Googling on this person and couldn't find much negative info about her. I'm definitely enjoying the book, but in her stories are all kinds of incredible phenomena, like levitation, going invisible, visibly glowing, miraculous healings, talking to angels, things materializing, etc.

Has anyone ever heard of this person? Better yet, anyone actually met her? What's the deal?

Here's her description from her website:

Almine is endorsed and described as one of the greatest mystics of our time by world leaders and scientists alike. While other way-showers gather more and more students, she helps create more and more masters. Her work represents the cutting edge of mysticism; that place where the physical and the non-physical meet and new realities are born. It is here where change is rapid and insight comes quickly to wash away years of stagnation.

In February of 2005, Almine’s body underwent a transfiguration, changing from mortal to immortal in the twinkling of an eye. Her books have been a roadmap to lead others into the same mastery and beyond. Masters populate her classes and are a fulfillment of a mission given to her in January 2005: prepare the leadership for a Golden Age about to be birthed on Earth.

Having lived as a Toltec Nagual (a specific type of mystic dedicated to a life of impeccability and setting others free from illusion) for most of her life, her insights into cosmology and man’s role within the macrocosm are ground-breaking. Pushing illuminating insights even further than previous Toltecs have done, she has managed to solve mysteries that plagued Toltec seers for eons.

Throughout history, the majority of spiritual masters and gurus who have entered mastery have withdrawn from society. This is understandable because words seem inadequate to describe experiences such as coming face-to-face with the Infinite and the physical act of speaking becomes laborious. Almine’s gift is her ability to convey these experiences by rendering the unspeakable understandable. She feels it is time for people to understand that they can choose to claim mastery as their constant reality and remain functional in society.

Words to describe the unknowable flow through her and when shared with others often leave them feeling as though they have touched the face of God. Her revelations bring answers to questions that have plagued mankind since the dawn of time, revealing the origin and meaning of human existence.

Her journey has become one of learning to live in the physical while functioning in eternal time and maintaining the delicate balance of remaining self-aware while being fully expanded.

Edited by Zanriel

I did a forum search and couldn't find anything on this person. I just picked up a book by Almine this past weekend. ...

Has anyone ever heard of this person? Better yet, anyone actually met her? What's the deal?

The big deal is that you spend money buying anything from books to conventions. Just click on any of the links, and you will see what I mean. :P

Karlis

Sure, she sells stuff. Everyone is entitled to making a living. I can't begrudge anyone for that. People sell art, entertainment, counseling, lawyering, self-help, etc. My eyebrows shoot up when I see people charging outrageous fees for stuff, but I don't have any problem with people like Tony Robbins selling tickets to seminars, or psychics who charge to do readings. I say good for them, who wouldn't want to get out of the rat race, especially if one could get into doing something that actually helps people?

Back to the original question: Are the claims real? Her claims remind me of Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda. Very similar stories (though I haven't read the entire Yogananda book). Are there really people like that out there?

Edited by Zanriel

Well, I would think this claim (below) is false. Mortal to immortal?? Should be easy to provide evidence.

In February of 2005, Almine’s body underwent a transfiguration, changing from mortal to immortal in the twinkling of an eye. Her books have been a roadmap to lead others into the same mastery and beyond. Masters populate her classes and are a fulfillment of a mission given to her in January 2005: prepare the leadership for a Golden Age about to be birthed on Earth.

I put her with all the other new age/feel good/universal love gurus.

Out to make money selling false confidences and devouring dreams.

But that's just my opinion.

Nibs

Out to make money selling false confidences and devouring dreams.

I hear ya. Way too many of 'em out there. That's why I deal with this constant internal conflict... I want to believe, I just haven't seen anything that made my jaw drop. Lots of stories and claims, and I've talked to some very compelling psychics (and had my own flashes that came true), but nothing to the scale of physical manifestations and true miracles. Not yet. I'm still searching.

• 5 years later...

But that's just my opinion.

Nibs

I will agree with you but, but "all the other new age/feel good unversal love gurus", for I,

includes a set worthy or honour:

Enoch,

Nanak,

Muhammad,

Elijah,

the Magdalene,

John

I know that I have felt deep healings and I have sought her voice and lessons during times I was spiritually working for the benefit of all. I will say affirmatively that she is the saint.

Would that be "married a nine year old" Mouhammad by any chance?

Ascended masters ?

Pffft!

If they ascended why are they still here ?

And if they ascended to here ... where did they come from ?

Ascended to the heights of spiritual ego perhaps ?

• Like 1

Married a 9 year old Muhammad. Yup. Aishia, who did not conceive of Muhammad's seed until she could, nor did Muhammad fornicate with Aishia until she could conceive.

I love your questions but I hate the Pffft! comment ---- I am informing you that the good that Almine de Villiers Barton has performed for her students and even on behalf of the planetary course is thanksworthy. AND I am thankful for her services unto I.

But anyway, if you don't appreciate her WORDS or her ATTITUDE, maybe you can glean something from her Artwork: http://www.artists2artists.net/profile/AlmineTheCountessofShannon

http://revelationrealms.com/about/ [by Phoebe Surana]

If I am familiar with my Nobility, they have some role in the course of the evolution of humanity? She is the Countess of Shannon by marriage, adopted a Hopi Woman out of a domestic life of abuse, and comes from the French Huguenots "Vinegrowers" of S. Africa. The help she has brought to humanity in this respect comes from:

1) Her Linguistic Prowess and the Upholding of Historical Traditions

2) Her willingness to serve the infinite, which has brought Philosophical Concepts that have helped other individuals to heal and perfect their own Genetic Form

3) Allowing people of every ethnicity to become her students and not discriminating on outer appearances

-The Racial Destiny of our World

Finally, she is "MYSTERY", that one who is identified by "The Whore of Babylon", who allows abuse to come into her mind from other individuals. She endures along with the Prophets, I attest to this by my own feeling. I am unsure if she has been kind to everyone or the perfect gardener, but she has skills that are astounding. She is truly worthy of consideration, to listen to her songs and to read some of her stories. Some of them are expensive; I am not devoted to her or anything, but I sincerely testify that she is a worthy human individual and her own contributions have been huge.

O ancension is still a thing. Nope she cant get invisible, you can write a lot just to get high selling figuers. And dunno if talking to angels is recommendable if you know what kind of creatures angels are.

• 11 months later...

Many years ago I saw Almine when she gave talks at New Age fairs. She was the major draw and everyone loved her. There was something about her that seemed angelic. Her beauty, her voice, her demeanor, was like nothing else... and she radiated love! (Yet, always rushes out at the end because she can't stand to be too close to people). I paid $100 fifteen years ago for a health reading, and she was right on target. I believed that if anyone was beyond human, it was her! But I have gradually phased her out, as some things about her give me serious pause. For one thing, her lecture and workshop prices are exorbitant, and are not affordable to the average person. Whatever spiritual knowledge she has to impart to the world comes at a high price. For another, she claims to be immortal, yet she has visibly aged over the years, not to mention having been ill and even hospitalized. How is that immortal? She claims to levitate, but I have not once seen her levitate. On the plus side, her chants have the ability to "transport" me like nothing else! And her art is spectacular! On the down side, look up her house on the internet – she has sunk many, many thousands of dollars into turning her home into a PALACE! Dishes that cost $150 per piece! Drapes that cost $14,000 – for one window alone! Paneled ceilings trimmed in gold, with murals painted on them, ala Michelangelo! Walls covered in silk! Huge stained glass windows from a 1752 English cathedral! Needless to say, I've been trying to reconcile her angelic countenance with her unproven claims of super-powers and immortality, and her spiritual gifts with her off-the-chart prices and royally expensive home. She is quite an enigma and I may never have her figured out if I live to be a hundred! If it was anyone else posting pictures of herself in royal ermine from her time as a countess, living in a home whose decor could feed a small country, and making claims of immortality, I would denounce her as a fraud in a heartbeat! But there is something extraordinary about Almine. Whether that makes her legit, or just legitimately delusional, I couldn't say ... but I sure would like to know the answer to this mystery that has long perplexed me!

• Like 1