Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confusing soulmate dilema

Senkaku

so, i decided a couple months back that i was serious about finding my soulmate. for one month straight, 1 hour a day, i started doing heavy soulmate invitation, i didnt miss a day, i was very serious about it. anyways, towards the end of the month i met someone. she was absolutely wonderful in every way. we had so much in common, it was fantastic. she told me she had been praying for someone like me as well. she called me her miracle, her king, her husband, her master. then, about a month into the relationship, i kept getting this psychic impression that she was going to find someone else. safe to say, i didnt want to listen, but it kept bothering me. eventually the day came. she left me for a friend of hers who was going to commit suicide because she wasnt around and he thought she was ignoring him. so, she went to be with him for that reason. we continued to be with each other as she was planning on breaking up with him, but the day never came. eventually, she started to love him and stayed with him, all the while telling me that she still dreamed of me and still loved me. was this some kind of cosmic joke? did i pray wrongly? are we meant to be, just not right now? regardless, i will be continuing my search for my lovely one, if anyone knows a more efficient way to call your soulmate, i'm all ears.

• Like 1

She isn't sole mate material, sounds like she is burning the candle at both ends, trying to keep her options open in case one relationship goes wrong. If it was you she really wanted to be with she wouldn't be seeing others. I would forget about her and look further.

• Like 1

thank you ashotep for your response. yes, i agree with you. we have moved on now, it was just a mind job, i never experienced something like that before. i will continue my search, i will not give up. not for me, but for my lovely one, who deserves all of me. :)

• Like 2

Ive had the same problem. When i make my mind up exactly what i want then i find it... but it doesnt take too long for people to change.

• Like 1

thank you ashotep for your response. yes, i agree with you. we have moved on now, it was just a mind job, i never experienced something like that before. i will continue my search, i will not give up. not for me, but for my lovely one, who deserves all of me. :)

Stop searching and you will find her

• Like 4

Your lover is out there, it is not somebody else's love that you need, It's your own. There are billions of people on this planet, you could fall in love with any of them; love yourself and you will find the one you are looking for.

Everything is a process, like your job; you will find your place in due time. Have faith :)

And dont search so hard! Dating is an interview, not a companionship.

Edited by MeOnlyMe
  • Like 2

thanks so much everyone for your replies, your encouragement is very soothing indeed. i'm glad i joined the forum ^_^

• Like 1

Your lover is out there, it is not somebody else's love that you need, It's your own. There are billions of people on this planet, you could fall in love with any of them; love yourself and you will find the one you are looking for.

Everything is a process, like your job; you will find your place in due time. Have faith :)

And dont search so hard! Dating is an interview, not a companionship.

^^

This!

Life is filled with so many small things that we tend to forget to enjoy just that.

Love yourself, love what you do and know that true strength; comes not from knowing you can hook up with your lover, but from knowing you'll be enjoying life anyway should it not work out. ;)

Also, something to think about:

If you remove the "I want to find" from

"I want to find my soulmate"

you will end up with "my soulmate".

Edited by blurry
  • Like 2

thanks for your reply blurry. i gues im still trying to get over the fact that i prayed and then i actually met someone with all the same interests in such a short time, its really creepy to me.i think im going to wait until i am healed from this mess, it did a lot of damage to me. to me, true love is not about what i can get from my partner, but rather, what i can give her. this is why i want to wait a little bit to get better, i dont want to give her my proverbial baggage. :)

• Like 2

I'm just going to voice my opinion. This is not meant to be criticism to your intent either. With all the millions of people in the world. How can there be such a thing as a soul mate. You have a very high number of options out there. I think your just looking for some one who fits a certain criteria. Doesn't make them a soul mate. Just a life long companion.

• Like 2

thanks for your response xeno. it may just be symantecs i think. how i see a soulmate is someone i can really resonate with. with the vast collection of people out there, surely there is someone i can have similarities with. this last girl was extremely close and the fact that i had prayed diligently for a month straight was even more creepy to me. i think what im trying to say is, in the same way there are people who believe as you do, maybe like the same foods or hobbies, then there is a possibilty of finding someone like that for me. she doesnt have to be perfect, just someone i can resonate with, hope that helped to clarify what i mean.

Edited by Senkaku
  • Like 3

thanks xeno, i hope so too. every tree has its season, time will be the vessel that brings us closer, i guess,lol

• Like 2

so, i decided a couple months back that i was serious about finding my soulmate. for one month straight, 1 hour a day, i started doing heavy soulmate invitation, i didnt miss a day, i was very serious about it. anyways, towards the end of the month i met someone. she was absolutely wonderful in every way. we had so much in common, it was fantastic. she told me she had been praying for someone like me as well. she called me her miracle, her king, her husband, her master. then, about a month into the relationship, i kept getting this psychic impression that she was going to find someone else. safe to say, i didnt want to listen, but it kept bothering me. eventually the day came. she left me for a friend of hers who was going to commit suicide because she wasnt around and he thought she was ignoring him. so, she went to be with him for that reason. we continued to be with each other as she was planning on breaking up with him, but the day never came. eventually, she started to love him and stayed with him, all the while telling me that she still dreamed of me and still loved me. was this some kind of cosmic joke? did i pray wrongly? are we meant to be, just not right now? regardless, i will be continuing my search for my lovely one, if anyone knows a more efficient way to call your soulmate, i'm all ears.

Hello Senkaku,

and welcome to the forum!

One aspect of the story where you describe the young lady and her response to you gave me the creeps, and that's where she called you, "her miracle, her king, her husband, her master". That sounds really needy to me. It sounds as if IMHO that she was really looking for someone to mold herself to and not be a partner which is most likely the reason that she went back to the "wounded/suicidal" friend who then swiftly became boyfriend material. Eh.... no!

Consider yourself extremely lucky that you didn't pursue this relationship further. Girl got issues!... and perhaps this is a lesson on your quest for your partner....

I do like that you're going to give yourself time so that you don't carry the baggage from this relationship to the next one!!! That is one of the smartest things I've rarely ever heard someone say coming out of a relationship! Even though you want a relationship don't settle for ok.... just because you prayed doesn't mean the prayer wasn't heard and sometimes there are things that must be overcome before a person finds the right person to be in a relationship with. Sometimes those blocks are aspects about ourselves that we find out by opening ourselves up to others. It's a journey not a destination!

Regards,

Mabon.

• Like 3

When she called him her Master, etc, I got the feeling she was trying to talk herself into caring about him while convincing him she cares about him at the same time.

Senkaku you will find someone just be open to it but when you feel you are ready for it. Seems to me you have this sorted out pretty well and need no more advice just time.

• Like 1

Ashotep, it could be as you state! Yet no matter what the motivation, her statement still creeps me out!

Mabon.

thank you for your responses, it is really helpful to be able to see different perspectives. i never really saw it from that angle and it makes me feel a little creeped out as well. i have been feeling better lately, i started getting back into writing again and feel pretty positive lately. Ashotep is right on, just a little more time for me to be back to 100% again. im feeling about 90% right now, as i dont think of her anymore and i feel an internal disconnect from her, if that makes any sense. i must say, it is really nice to have mature and seasoned people around to give advice, its very comforting. not saying you are all old, but there is a difference in being mature and seasoned and being old. wisdom can come at any age. ^_^

• Like 1

You cant search for your soulmate, soulmates find each other when they arent trying. It begins before you even know it's begun. If it doesnt come on naturally, it's not meant to be!

Trust me I speak from experience ;)

• Like 1

Her master wtf did I just read. Sounds like two people overdramatizising relationships, life just told you: there is no soulmate.

Anyway that relationship sounded very superficial , if the only thing which connected you was that delusional concept of soulmates.

Be careful what you wish for. What might seem like a sweet dream can become a nightmare.

What bullhit he can wish for whatever he wants, that attitude you have only leads to one thing that the victim blames himself for something he isnt responsible of, she left him it was her decision and it has nothing to do with what he wished for.

Edited by hellwyr