Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Orb Pic's (Halo)

Halo_Jones

Had a really strange experience. It all started yesterday afternoon when I received a phone call from my Mother inlaw (Dot), her youngest brother (Bill) had turned up on her doorstep after nearly 20 years of no contact (Dot moved to Devon from Manchester to get away from her Very dominering Mother). To cut this short we all had a bit of a family reunion. We were told that Dots Father had died a few years ago but the Old battle axe (her mother) was still alive, Dots grandmother had also died recently, Dot told Bill that her husband, John, had also died 6 years ago.

I decided to take a few photo's and it wasn't till this morning when I printed them off that I saw the Orbs, there's one above Dots head (she's sat at the end with the pink jumper on) also one on Bills lap (he's the 3rd on the left) and several above everyones heads. On the other photo there's a big orb on Dots lap an again the rest are above. the 3rd photo has no orbs in, as do the rest.

I'v never had anything like this happen on any other photo's I'v taken, with this camera.

I'v had to put them Here

So go an have a look and let me know what you think. If you click on the pic they come up large, on the close up photo all I did was enlarge the best orbs from each pic and paste them together so you can see them at the same time.

Well I'm quite excited by the pics and as I'v allways been a bit of a sceptic when it comes to Orbs it came as a bit of a shock to actually get a photo of some myself.

Oh the 2 little cherubs are my children Isaac & Isobel they're sat on their Daddies lap. wub.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reese2

• Loonboy

• Halo_Jones

• SpaceyKC

Halo, a very attractive group you have

there, and yes, those orbs are amazing!

With so many, I wonder if each person

doesn't have more than one 'spirit' that

likes to be around them? smile.gif

Ahhh they are adorable..... the kids that is biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif But Blimey Halo those are good shots of orbs smile.gif

Thank you both for looking I'm still amazed at the size & quality of the orbs.

The room was very emotionally charged at the time so that may of been why there are so many.

i posted a thread a while ago that had a suppoesed picture of someones soul leaving the body as three distinct orbs, these three then merged to become one, my guess would be that the soul can then split back up again into the three parts at will.

If that is the case then that explains what could be happening in the pics.

As a Mum I gotta say your Kids are cuties Halo ..

I've never been one for Orb's but those photo's are very interesting .

GREAT PICS, HALO!!!!! I have never really seen orbs that clearly.... that happened 2 me once!!!! I have a picture of my dog and in the top left corner (when I got it back) there was one of those 'thread' things, and it was also a big shock 2 me..... but it might just be a trick of the light... cool.gifcool.gifdry.gif

(I'll post the picture when I can, but It might be a while... sorry.... ) sad.gif

Umm, I have to agree the kids are adorable! I have to say this, since no one has yet, and this is applicable on several current threads going around. Here goes.

Pictures are NOT credible when using a digital camera. There are too many things that could show up in the picture that CANNOT be verified due to the lack of having negatives. This is only important when trying to capture ghostly phenomenom. Now, if you were to use a GOOD digital to catch something flying by that is metallic, then you stand a better chance of gaining some attention, only then your character is called into question. Sorry, but even though this day and age has definate perks, the down side is that old technology is sometimes best.

Reese

It is not that you are a fraud, it is just that with so many loopholes, you have to sort of make it a solid case.. I would rather be questioned, than blindly believed.

Reese

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=ST&f=10&t=1861

And I quote:

DShwartz referring to me:

"it must feel good to belittle your critics because it gets so hot in that kitchen where you cook up your fake ghost photos"

"i would rather maintain my integrity than be called a fraud. apparently that doesnt bother you, so i am assuming you are a fraud."

Such a nice greeting.

Ok Mostly,

The biggest thing that you need to understand is that Digital cameras are not the sort that you take to photograph ghostly presences. It causes orbs. I go out on ghost hunts, and I always use regular old fashioned cameras. Even the video cameras are old. You have the luzury of comparing negative to picture. It is crucial that you do that, everytime. Especially when you want to show pictures to people that question everything to begin with. You should know that.

Saruman would have to use his magic on this, but I took the picture that I sent in to Rogues gallery the other day, with a digital, and you can clearly see, before it was doctored to fit, that there are orbs against the wall in the background of each of the two pictures that I sent him. If he can post them here for example that is fine, but the orbs showed in each picture. I am not willing to believe that I have orbs around me constantly. In pictures that I use my regular camera, there are none, in the same location. SO, that is a perfect example of orbs, where there are no ghostly presence.

Reese wub.gif

Reese2

How do you know that the orbs arn't real? I'v taken hundres of pics with that camera and never had anything like that show up before. I was really excited when I saw them and double checked the pics over and over again before I sent them to Saruman to look at, only then when he suggested I should post them, I did.

The quality of the pics was lost when Saruman resized them so I put them on a web page so people could look at the Original pics and examine them for themselves.

Just because this type of phenomenom shows up more on digital cameras doesn't make them any less credible, it could be that they are more in tune with the atmosphere, if you don't belive, then fine, everyones entitled to their own opinions.

The pics have at least given Dot (my Mother Inlaw) some comfort and I'm thankfull for that.

I agree with Halo.

Maybe orbs are not ghosts or spirits but photographic flaws.

But what makes you think that there are not spirits around you Reese? I believe we

are continually aided/guided by our unseen helpers.

biggrin.gif

Hey if an orb has the power to help someone that needs comfort, than who am I too question that. But, read up on it honey. Digital cameras are not reliable for taking pictures of ghostly phenomenom....... Slice it any way you want to, it is more a question of believing things that you want to see, rather than looking at all possibilities.. It is apparent that you WANT to believe it, and don't accept fruitful critisism, and that is purely on you, not on me. Saruman posts everything, and that is the way it should be always, doesn't mean that because he suggests you post it, that it is undeniably fact...

You can all disagree with me, does not mean that it isn't true.. I have noticed that the atmosphere here is one of agreeing with each other, and sorry, but I have never molded before, and I won't do it now.. So, give it your best shot, you aren't going to provide anything other than your own wishful conjecture, when arguing this topic....

Reese

Firstly I'm not your honey! tongue.gif

Secondly I am quite willing to believe that the orbs are flaws of the digital camera

system, as I said above.

Thirdly I am quite open to constructive criticism and am not sure entirely where you

are coming from saying that I'm not.

Fourthly, all the things we believe in are beliefs because we want to believe in

them. If we didn't want to believe in them, then we wouldn't. QED.

Fifthly (is that a word? mellow.gif ) all we have said in this thread are expressions of

our own thoughts on the matter, and for your information, I will continue to post my

opinions whether you agree or not.

Lastly, hope we're still friends? biggrin.gif

Only if you speak when spoken too.. That last post was not directed towards you... It was directed towards HALO. So, unless you want a reaming, don't type like we are friends to begin with, got it honey?

Reese

i agree with you, Reese. i just can't get involved without losing control of myself and belittling everyone around me. then, i create a hostile posting environment by taking the argument too personally and really going at someone. people might start crying and heaven forbid, i will be apologizing once again. god, i miss those days laugh.gif

*in case someone can't tell, this is my idea of a joke*

biggrin.gif

It is not hard to agree with someone when what they say is RIGHT....... Unless of course there are some egos around that need constant stroking....

I get your sense of humor...

Reese

Okay, so let me be clear before I reply, which of these is aimed in my direction?

there are some egos around that need constant stroking

So, unless you want a reaming, don't type like we are friends to begin with, got it honey?

(the last one I have difficulty with since I already pointed out that I am not your 'honey')

And I think that Halo has a point with

Just because this type of phenomenom shows up more on digital cameras doesn't make them any less credible, it could be that they are more in tune with the atmosphere

Nobody has yet taken a photograph (be it on film or otherwise) which has been proven to be of a ghost. Yes there are some that remain possibles but none with concrete direct evidence. So it follows that digital cameras may or may not be able to capture ghosts in whatever form they manifest. It has not been proven or disproven.

So when you say

Digital cameras are not reliable for taking pictures of ghostly phenomenom

I would like to know upon what data you are basing this statement. Which cameras are reliable for taking pictures of ghostly phenomenon?

Lastly, I was being polite and trying to be friendly in my disagreement with you, but if you prefer to think of yourself as someone who is not 'my friend' then fine. Go fiddle on the roof, honey.

LB, atleast when you quote someone, don't chop it up, to fit your format. You opened yourself up on this one. (Hence, the speaking when being spoken to comment)

There have been many pictures that are considered reliable, and all of them are ones that have negatives.. Do your own research on this one... Do you know how to use the internet for more than your one sided, argumentative rhetoric?

I wasn't referring to you as HONEY to begin with, and the way you keep bringing it up, makes you look like an over emphasizing idiot. (and maybe a little bit of wishful thinking thrown into it as well)

I was simply trying to give everyone a good piece of advice, that is if they are really interested in capturing true phenomenom instead of light reflections. If you want to make a deal out of this, then that makes me question whether you have ANYONE that calls you HONEY.. I think, you have way too much time on your hands.

No need to try to be nice to me, do you really think it matters? And, why would we be friends? Because our conversations pass every so often on this board? Maybe you should step from beneath your desk sometime, takes more to be a friend than a passing word or two.......

You can disagree with me all you want, but if you would rather debate why I am saying digital cameras are no good for pictures of that sort, than there is nothing but an argument ensuing from your end... How about trying to prove me wrong, instead of demanding I prove myself right?

Reese biggrin.gif

Only if you speak when spoken too.. That last post was not directed towards you... It was directed towards HALO. So, unless you want a reaming, don't type like we are friends to begin with, got it honey?

Reese

This one of your postings in its entirety. Not chopped up as I am accused of doing. In this post you refer to me as 'honey' and therefore I was replying to your use of the word in that posting to make the point that I have maintained my argument upon the subject.

You on the other hand have said:

Do you know how to use the internet for more than your one sided, argumentative rhetoric?

If you had taken the time to look at my webpage you might well have found that I can use the internet for more than my 'one sided, argumentative rhetoric'.

I have researched ghost photographs and to my knowledge nobody has captured a photograph of a ghost which has been proven to be exactly that. (If anyone has knowledge of such a photograph, please post it and disprove my comment - I'd be happy to see it.)

if you would rather debate why I am saying digital cameras are no good for pictures of that sort, than there is nothing but an argument ensuing from your end

Isn't this what this thread is all about: a debate on the validity of orbs as evidence of ghosts? And I'm posting on this thread because I would like to debate it. Was that not clear? And yes I am making an argument, but I am not arguing.

'an over emphasizing idiot'

you want to make a deal out of this, then that makes me question whether you have ANYONE that calls you HONEY.. I think, you have way too much time on your hands.

No need to try to be nice to me, do you really think it matters? And, why would we be friends? Because our conversations pass every so often on this board? Maybe you should step from beneath your desk sometime, takes more to be a friend than a passing word or two.......

These, my friend, are all personal attacks. It's a shame that you feel the need to get personal when you find that you are on the end of a losing argument.

And I apologise for chopping up some of your paragraphs to post in this reply, but, lets face it, your reply was way too long to put here in its entirety.

If you aren't going out of your way to argue, then why continue on this tangent, when I told you that I was not speaking to you? I have no interest in looking at your web page.. What is that supposed to convince me of? If you don't want to take my advice, then fine, but if you are intested in it, then by all means, take my advice. The intial comment on this thread, was to give advice, if you feel threatened by that, then so be it.

You can attach 'personal' attack to whatever you want, I call it like I see it.

(I added the second HONEY, just as a little dig, and you bit, so try not to get worked up so much)

Reese

I am not losing anything, when someone disregards good advice, then who is really the loser?