Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

"you can't do things by yourself"--BHO

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,301 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Feb. 26, 2013

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,468 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

it's always been the way.
you shoe me someone who's changed the world, and I'll show you an army of supporters or backers.

#3    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Obama is speaking for the majority.  He was voted in by the majority.  This majority is the low information voter that expects govt to take care of them cradle to grave.  If you have a job, you are now the new minority, and will pay dearly in more taxes if Obama gets his way.  If you are on govt housing, you are safe, but if you have a mortgage your interest will soon become non-deductable in Obama's world, hence you pay more taxes.

The middle class is anyone that does not have a job and gets govt assistance.  Anyone with a job is just a greedy b****** and will pay for the opportunity to make money selfishly.

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,911 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postacidhead, on 27 February 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Feb. 26, 2013

"You gotta have the help and goodwill of the Congress".  
:wacko:

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,468 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

"Congress protects your rights. Remember, Goldstein wants to take away your rights, but Congress protects them and I protect the Congress".

#6    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,734 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

This is what bugs me about that statement of his.  I think it has run its course.  He was just going after a sound bite and it backfired.  Yes, in any endeavor, people help you out from time to time.  But they don't take the risks you do.  You're the one that sees the idea through fruition.  And that's the whole point of doing it yourself.  You take the risks.  No one else does.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#7    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,931 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

You can't do things by yourself...............unless you're the president in which case with the swipe of a pen you can bypass the senate and congress and sign an executive order. :nw:

#8    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Some fine words from our dear leader

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#9    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,954 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

it's always been the way.
you shoe me someone who's changed the world, and I'll show you an army of supporters or backers.

A lot of posters here can't seem to get that thru their skulls.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#10    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,455 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

I have a problem with Obama's delivery of this particular statement. There are so many different ways of getting this same point across without taking away from the individuals initiative. It sounds like an excuse not to succeed because you didn't get the backing and support you needed in the beginning of your endeavor. There is a distinct difference in the person that will actively pursue their dreams and the people that give up and say, "Well, I tried and it was too difficult." after a short time. Some things take years to get into the works. You've got to stay focused and not give up. I don't think he gives individuals the credit they deserve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users