Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bitterroot Footage

Feenix Fire

So..... that was what, a wizard? Well, I guess witch was taken already but it should be fun to have another Blair Witch Project-esque movie. Its really well done, though I hope they dont expect people to think this serious. Waaaaaaay too many things wrong with it. But hey, a scary movie about a wizard whos a single father making ends meet in the severed heads business while being stalked by a guy with a camera who breaks into his humble home... should be fun! ;)

Naaaaw, it's home movies of Darth Sidious before he got into politics.

• Like 3

Clearly, the hooded figure was Lord Voldemort and the head at the end was just some filthy Mudblood.

• Like 1

I think the video clip is awesome. What I found quiet disturbing was the sound. Why in the world would anybody who just disovered such a video add this music to the movie. I really like this, I do, and I don't think this is a real footage, but I like the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been keeping an eye on the this story since i heard about it last i heard they were looking for the guy who sold them the box the film came in but that was over a month ago and all of the social media acconts to do with the bitter root footage have not be acessed since may 19th so it's either a hoax or it's real the guys are dead

Made me think somewhat of Marble Hornets. I'm eager to see where they go with it, but honestly, the tone in the background was the only unnerving part about the video.

if memory serves, aren't old 8mm film cameras really noisy when filming?, clickclickclickclickclickclick, so out in the woods one must consider that being that close to the "old man" the sound from the camera would be clearly if not aggressively audible. Seems far fetched the person filming would go undetected. But, it was interesting.

no.. the movie you linked is actually THIS movie, which Nick Nolte was considering doing... However, there has been a hold-up with production:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nick-Nolte-May-Bite-Bitterroot-30685.html

The Black List script from Michael Gilio centers on an over-the-hill Montana rancher who loses his life savings in a bank scam. When he's can't find someone at hand to hold accountable, he mounts up with his guns and heads to Bitterroot to get his money back.

Hardly a movie about a cloaked figure, I'd say.

• Like 1

Definitely reminds me of Marble Hornets.

• Like 1

This may also highly likely be the result of a highly well produced collage project.

Edited by Thurlow

Made me think somewhat of Marble Hornets. I'm eager to see where they go with it, but honestly, the tone in the background was the only unnerving part about the video.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it just now. If it is like Marble Hornets and Slenderman, I bet it'll be interesting.

Maybe the plot for Bitterroot is made up.

I haven't seen Suspiria, but someone mentioned his friend "Dario" and I googled around and found out, that there is going to be a Suspiria Remake. Well I don't know if it's interesting enough, because I haven't seen the movie/s, but they're about Witches, am I right?

BS!. The air of age and at the sametime we get a dedicated videographer (yeah OK) who pretends to be in hiding but in fact is so close to the hooded figure at times it is ludicrous. Then at the end of the 5min's we see a head or something in a bag and then the videographer like running away. BS BS and more BS.

Almost as fascinating as watching a film of 'ufos' which is nothing more than little lights on a dark background. WOW-pathetic

Plus the background 'noise' is retarded as if it is supposed to make you feel scared. Should have named it retarded instead of some lame bitterrot BS

Edited by devilmaycare

Maybe the plot for Bitterroot is made up.

I haven't seen Suspiria, but someone mentioned his friend "Dario" and I googled around and found out, that there is going to be a Suspiria Remake. Well I don't know if it's interesting enough, because I haven't seen the movie/s, but they're about Witches, am I right?

I doubt that the imdb listing has anything to do with this bitterroot footage website.. and.. Ohhhh.. A REMAKE????!!! Are you serious? Dario Argento is brilliant. Unless a remake came from Dario himself, I wonder if it could compare to the original. There are very few remakes which can do justice to an original classic. and yes.. Suspiria is about witches who run a ballet school. It's definitely worth it to watch the film at least once.

Clearly a fake, but quite chilling and entertaining. I believe its just a bunch of film students doing a project and promoting it. If footage like that was actually found, you wouldn't really attempt to make it creepier as the producer has.

• 2 weeks later...

Screams viral marketing.

And yes,Dario Argento gave his blessing to a Suspiria remake ,last year. He had never given rights to any of his movies before this.

His stuff is classic .

The original is a very odd movie,but visually ,and conceptually,its a masterpiece.

Im not sure exactly what they will do with it,that can make a modern audience get it .

People who go to see Alien vs Predator,or some poo spewing Adam Sandler schlock,would not get the original suspiria,at all.

• Like 2

Yeah, nice idea, but the footage sucked.

There was nothing eerie about it and the head in the end ruined it completly.

After that i watched the boy without skin video, that was scary, to see

how much agony and suffering some people have to endure in life...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been looking into it and here are some things I found:

1. The chair that the hooded figure sits in has an 8 pointed star cut-out. The eight pointed star is a symbol of chaos magic, which apparently isn't as sinister as it sounds. Rather, chaos magic holds the belief that all schools of witchcraft may be used together, "abused," as it was said by a user I found. I guess this is supposed to imply that schools of magic are separate entities and should be treated as such? Who knows.

2. 8mm film was first produced in the early '30s, as were baby incubators (aka NICU, seen ~2:50). However, the NICU depicted is clearly a model from much later, due to the facts that the plastic (I assume) wraps around the entire casing of the child, and the arm-hole things on each side. Previously, NICUs had doors. The other thing that interests me about the incubator is that they are very expensive and hard to acquire outside of a hospital setting. This information doesn't really make sense, considering the humbleness of the small cottage.

3. Although there is speculation about what's in the bag at the end, it looks less like a head and more like a dead rat or just some long hair. The bag is not shaped like a head to begin with.

4. People keep talking about how the cameraman runs away at the end; you do not KNOW that he is running AWAY. He could be running towards something, or perhaps he/she is trying to catch up with the hooded figure who, obviously, knows he/she is being filmed. Otherwise there would be some conflict between the two.

5. Bitterroot National Forrest is in Montana and Idaho. And from what I can tell, it's pretty mountainous (unlike the landscape of the video). Additionally, it seems to be a coniferous forrest, also unlike the landscape of the video. Now, this could mean that it's all bull**** or that there exists another place called Bitterroot.

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just looking at the facts. I personally think it'd be way cooler if it was real. DUH

Please correct me if any of the info I provided was incorrect/inaccurate.

• Like 1

Naaaaw, it's home movies of Darth Sidious before he got into politics.

This made me laugh my ass off so hard!