Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problem with Evolution theory

Big Bad Voodoo

Hi!

As I understand humans originate from Africa and from there they spread all over the earth. Therefore Africans are our ancestors and interestingly they dont have Neanderthal DNA in their bodies. So "Adam" and "Eve" have had blackskin.

Now I have problem with that. Because evolution theory says that humans adopt to environment. That doesnt makse sense because we can see that Africans didnt adopt at all. If they were their skin would be lighter. And for example north europeans would have black skin.

Look plants. Evolution theory say that plants like pine trees in north europe are darker to collect more sun.

Now why would human in Africa developed to gather more sun light?

• Like 1

Because the Sun burns skin over time

Why doesnt burn plants? How come that we didnt evolved different? Sun was around here from day one.

Darwin say in given time Polar bear will become Whale. Yet humans are unable to change their skin in given time. Do we not evolve?

i don't understand your question, humans evolved fairer skin due to strands of DNA with lack of melanin in their skin cells, and thsoe with less melanin are more suseptable to the sun, so they'd move to less heat intense climates.

Why doesnt burn plants? How come that we didnt evolved different? Sun was around here from day one.

Darwin say in given time Polar bear will become Whale. Yet humans are unable to change their skin in given time. Do we not evolve?

Because Plants take in the light, remember plants are different to animals. Plants dry up only if there is no water.

Reptiles use the sun to absorb the heat to generate energy, humans generate their own heat. Humans sweat to keep us cool

• Like 1

This is because the darker skin contains melanin, which protects from UV radiotion, perfect for places like Africa which always received direct waves of radiation from the sun. In Europe, and other such northern areas, UV radiation isn't as direct, thus allowing for lighter skin to develop and in time, dominate.

The reason plants are darker is do to the simple fact that they need sunlight just to fulfill their life functions. After millions of years of development I'd say its safe to assume that they would evolve to cope with their necessity.

• Like 1

Because Plants take in the light, remember plants are different to animals. Plants dry up only if there is no water.

Reptiles use the sun to absorb the heat to generate energy, humans generate their own heat. Humans sweat to keep us cool

So why your ancestors evolved lighter skin then?

When they move to freezing area..."Lets cool even more"

• Like 1

its cold and less light

• Like 1

Because the melanin in darker skin doesn't absorb heat, it repels UV radiation. Also, humans were able to outpace evolution with the development of clothing. This negated any need for us to absorb heat.

Also, evolution is truly a crapshoot. Its basically throwing darts and whichever one sticks is the one that gets to reproduce and make more darts that stick... figuratively of course.

Exactly. Logicly we need darker skin to heat more.

we dont need heat, humans generate their own heat.

when its cold you do not burn

• Like 1

Also, humans were able to outpace evolution with the development of clothing. This negated any need for us to absorb heat.

Pardon my ignorance but when we start to make clothes? Isnt that short period to evolve lighter skin?

huh_answer_101_xlarge.jpeg

You are pretty.

Pardon my ignorance but when we start to make clothes? Isnt that short period to evolve lighter skin?

ice age, well furs to be correct, you were clothing to keep the heat in and stay warm

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

. So "Adam" and "Eve" have had blackskin.

Adam and eve are a story. The biblical stories are about 2.5 thousand years old, give or take. mankind however has what, 2 million years of history... long before religion had even been thought of.

Evolutionary Question for you? Why is this black kid....white?

tumblr_m6nk6toyCf1ql0la2o1_400.jpg

and this black man?

15499.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

ice age, well furs to be correct, you were clothing to keep the heat in and stay warm

We have 5 major ice ages...In which one?

Greath thread!

I can understand changing our features and physical appearances to survive different environments but I am still baffled by our 'missing' chromosomes and I hope somebody here knows how to explain this for me:

We are supposed to have evolved from apes, right? Apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes (48) and we have 23 pairs (46). It looks like we are missing a pair but latest scientific tests have shown that human chromosome 2 is similar (actually corresponds) to chromosomes 12 and 13 of chimpanzees, as if somehow they have been combined (fused) into a single larger piece of DNA. This fusion has only happened in humans. How did this merging happened? Cause the scientists don't know. The fact that the chromosomes are fused together and they way they are fused, has led to scientists to conclude that only a rare process could have given rise to such a genetic phenomenon. Rare as not normally expected from Darwin's theory.

^^^ Reference: "Gene Content and Function of the ancestral chromosome fusion site in human chromosome", Genome research, Volume 12. website:

www.genome.cshilp.org/content/12/11/1663.full

EDIT: OP if this is way off topic i apologize and I can always start a new thread.

Edited by Aggie
  • Like 3

Adam and eve are a story. The biblical stories are about 2.5 thousand years old, give or take. mankind however has what, 2 million years of history... long before religion had even been thought of.

Question for you? Why is this black kid....white?

and this black man?

Dont tell.

They have some disorder.

We have 5 major ice ages...In which one?

does it really matter? when you are cold you wear clothes to keep you warm humans generate their own heat, clothes trap that heat in

you coudl figure out teh ice age pretty easily, jsut cross check the ones humans were alive during, and from there extrapolate.

albino black dude has soem pretty eyes

• Like 1

does it really matter? when you are cold you wear clothes to keep you warm humans generate their own heat, clothes trap that heat in

Ofcourse it does matter.

Is it matter to you how old is Earth?

Ofcourse it does matter.

Is it matter to you how old is Earth?

whats that got to do with this thread?

• Like 1

why should it matter to us how old earth is?

we werent there for the creation to impact us majorly, and mos tliekly we wont be there for the end

• Like 1

Greath thread!

I can understand changing our features and physical appearances to survive different environments but I am still baffled by our 'missing' chromosomes and I hope somebody here knows how to explain this for me:

We are supposed to have evolved from apes, right? Apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes (48) and we have 23 pairs (46). It looks like we are missing a pair but latest scientific tests have shown that human chromosome 2 is similar (actually corresponds) to chromosomes 12 and 13 of chimpanzees, as if somehow they have been combined (fused) into a single larger piece of DNA. This fusion has only happened in humans. How did this merging happened? Cause the scientists don't know. The fact that the chromosomes are fused together and they way they are fused, has led to scientists to conclude that only a rare process could have given rise to such a genetic phenomenon. Rare as not normally expected from Darwin's theory.

^^^ Reference: "Gene Content and Function of the ancestral chromosome fusion site in human chromosome", Genome research, Volume 12. website:

www.genome.cshilp.org/content/12/11/1663.full

EDIT: OP if this is way off topic i apologize and I can always start a new thread.

Quantum leaps. Evolution skips. Lets go on solid ground. Lets fly. Let we have intelligence.

whats that got to do with this thread?

What part?

• Like 1

Thousands of years. Clothing has beenwith us probably as long as we've been developing tools and manipulating fire.

Also, its not like we just popped out with lighter skin. Follow the path out of Africa: You go from the centeal part of the continent, up through to the Middle East, up into the Urals, then west into Europe. Follow this path and you notice that skin gets progressively lighter.