Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

FBI Coercion The New Thing

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

A Bridge Too Far

The informant, a longtime crook with 13 felony convictions, talked two of the defendants into buying the fake C-4, drove them around, nudged the plan along, hired three of them and — according to several sources close to the men — gave some of them illegal drugs. Meanwhile, he continued to commit crimes of his own.

Great article.

FBI stings, like one in Cleveland, become more common in terrorism investigations

So, did the agency's efforts prevent a heinous crime that could have sent scores of unsuspecting motorists plunging to their deaths, or did they help create a crime that never would have occurred without its help?

That woud be the latter.

"Presently, the prevailing kind of view in the public is that the war on terror is so important that we're going to condone aggressive government conduct," said Geoffrey Mearns, a former assistant U.S. Attorney who helped prosecute one of the Oklahoma City bombers. :no:

The truth is looking at the Cleveland case none of these kids would have done anything that drastic without an FBI informant aiding them on.

How FBI Entrapment Is Inventing 'Terrorists'

:no:

Shame on the USA for going down that slippery slope.

#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 15 May 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

"Presently, the prevailing kind of view in the public is that the war on terror is so important that we're going to condone aggressive government conduct," said Geoffrey Mearns, a former assistant U.S. Attorney who helped prosecute one of the Oklahoma City bombers. :no:

Is that really the prevailing view?

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Is that "Entrapment", and I wonder,if it's "not that bad"I mean, they would also be easy targets for the terrorist recruitment team too,wouldn't they.

#4    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

It'd be funny if the flunkies in the Cleveland case found out the guy was an FBI informant with a long felony rap sheet and pushed him off the bridge and claimed he fell.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Law enforcement has been this way for decades really. This is how the NYPD caught all the old Italian mafiosos .
They do drugs,kill people,and have affairs with women ,to make it all seem real,while their wife and kids are home hoping he's still alive .
It's a horrid way to live

Miss me?

#6    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

The government will take a massive dump on your opinions and create laws that give them the right to do what they please.
Welcome to 'Merica, proof is provided:

The unPatriot Act...

Note: I love my country, just not these unconstitutional laws the corrupt politicians keep making...

Edited by xFelix, 15 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#7    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostxFelix, on 15 May 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Note: I love my country, just not these unconstitutional laws the corrupt politicians keep making...

I agree that we are living in a culture of corruption. That's the sad part. People are better than that.

#8    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 May 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Law enforcement has been this way for decades really. This is how the NYPD caught all the old Italian mafiosos .
They do drugs,kill people,and have affairs with women ,to make it all seem real,while their wife and kids are home hoping he's still alive .
It's a horrid way to live

Disagree. Things definitely changed with 9-11, homeland security and all that stuff. This is definitely a more agressive tactic employed by the Obama admin using the FBI. Of course now there is a political scandal invloving the FBI and the IRS where Obama has to hold a press conference and try to deny any invlovement. No surprise there.

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I get the entrapment argument to a point, but at the end of the day, these guys still wanted to blow up a bridge and acted on it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 May 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

I get the entrapment argument to a point, but at the end of the day, these guys still wanted to blow up a bridge and acted on it.

Disagree. They wanted to blow up the bridge BECAUSE of the FBI informant.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 19 May 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Disagree. They wanted to blow up the bridge BECAUSE of the FBI informant.

So you're saying that these Occupy guys were just sitting around their tent smoking some cheeb while listening to a DMB bootleg and FBI guy just walks in and says "hey, ever thought of blowing up a bridge?"

bull****.

These guys had intent.  They wanted to do this.  The FBI informant just helped them along.  As the article says, they were caught planting the bombs.  At any time during the process they could have pulled out of the deal, but they didn't.  They wanted to kill innocent men, women, and children.

Frankly, I'd like to shake the guy's hand that stopped these sick b*******.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostRafterman, on 20 May 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

So you're saying that these Occupy guys were just sitting around their tent smoking some cheeb while listening to a DMB bootleg and FBI guy just walks in and says "hey, ever thought of blowing up a bridge?"

bull****.

These guys had intent.  They wanted to do this.  The FBI informant just helped them along.  As the article says, they were caught planting the bombs.  At any time during the process they could have pulled out of the deal, but they didn't.  They wanted to kill innocent men, women, and children.

Frankly, I'd like to shake the guy's hand that stopped these sick b*******.

Nope, you can not do that. People will say all sorts of things but most likely will not act on it. If a person has actually bought the bomb material on their own and are following through with a plan on their own then that merits action.

#13    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

It's part of the freedom we all are supposed to enjoy.

You have a right to drop out of school and become a chain smoker.

You have a right to use foul lanquage or say something offensive.

You have the right to like Hitler or become a facist.
http://www.americanfascistmovement.com

You have the right as an American to become a member of the Communist party.
http://www.cpusa.org

You have the right to become an Anarchist.
http://americananarchy.org

You can join the Curch Of Scientology become a Mormon or worship Lucifer.

Freedom of Religion

You can say anything about the President and even use his image royalty free as long as it is not a death threat.
For Example: Obama sucks. He's an incompetent leader that needs to be impeached because of FBI scandals.

You can say screw the world, we need to take action and resort to violence. Unless you act on it it's only words.

#14    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,342 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

@topsecretresearch

You also have the right to remain silent.  :w00t:

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 20 May 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Nope, you can not do that. People will say all sorts of things but most likely will not act on it. If a person has actually bought the bomb material on their own and are following through with a plan on their own then that merits action.

From the article:

The five men were arrested last Monday after the FBI said they placed the devices beneath the bridge that connects Brecksville and Sagamore Hills and tried to detonate them with cell phones.

They did it - helped or not.  I don't know about you, but if some guy started talking to me telling me how I could blow up a bridge and kill a lot of people, there's no way in hell he could "convince" me to do it.  Again, these guys had intent.  They wanted to do this.  It went well beyond a bunch of guys talking **** to each other.

Edited by Rafterman, 20 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users