Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

goat man

rorschach147

I was reading a book about cryptids that had a brief article about a cryptid described to be like a greek satyr and has been reported to weild an ax, does anyone know anything about it, I searched for a thread and found nothin, thanks a lot

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rorschach147

• trancelikestate

• Imaginarynumber1

• JGirl

The Goatman is a cryptozoological man-goat hybrid, allegedly living in the United States of America. According to some who claim to have seen it, he has the legs and feet of a goat, the upper body of a man, a horned head, and a body partially covered by fur. A Texan witness placed his height at 7 feet and weight at 300 pounds (136 kg).

Some claim to have heard the Goatman make high-pitched squeals. Deaths of pets have been attributed to the supposed creature. In one incident in Texas he was reported to have hooted, chased teenagers, and thrown an old tire at witnesses. In Maryland, he allegedly pounded a car with an axe several times and mutilated family pets.

Some claim he is a relative of Bigfoot. He is similar to the satyrs of Greek mythology (of which Pan is one), the Devil, and the horned men seen in cave paintings. He is sometimes claimed to be the result of a government experiment, or a mutated scientist. One common theory is that a crazy scientist was performing experiments on human and goat DNA at the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center in Prince George's County. The goatman killed the scientist, and fled the scene. There have been stories of a government cover-up. This is a common feature of the Maryland legends, probably due to the proximity to Washington, DC. Another sighting occurred in Mountain Home, Arkansas near the Sonic in the back alley. He had a hatchet and a person's leg. A waitress saw him and tried to talk to him. He ran off through the bushes never to be seen again. Another sighting was reported and they found several animals brutally killed and half eaten. However, no substantial physical evidence of the Goatman's existence has been found.

source

I was reading a book about cryptids that had a brief article about a cryptid described to be like a greek satyr and has been reported to weild an ax, does anyone know anything about it, I searched for a thread and found nothin, thanks a lot

I remember this story from a book about highway urban legends that I used to read in elementary school. Not much of a cryptid, though.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/15786/the-legend-of-goatman

This link seems to tell a story that has many elements from different urban legends in it. The way I remember it, there was a crazy scientist who was doing some freaky experiments with animals in the Maryland woods. Inevitably, the experiments went horribly wrong and somehow became half goat half man. I guess he was p***ed because if you were traveling down a wooded Maryland road late at night, he might jump out of the woods and attack your car and you with a axe.

That's about all I can remember about it.

A quick search turned up this created image:

goatman.maryland.jpg

and these links for information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatman_(Maryland)

http://www.unknown-creatures.com/maryland-goatman.html

↑↑↑

:lol:

First image that came to my mind was Dave Grohl as the Devil.

41779_2221410197_5314_n.jpg

Lmao jerry, love that movie, as for the rest of you(except the one who made the spelling comment) thanks this has been really helpfu

• 1 year later...

jose03135.jpg

Recently, I found a mutation case at El Salvador. The anomaly makes that a 19 years young man seems to be the bizarre being, endowed with strange excrescences that give him the look of a satyr. Here is the links

ENGLISH

The Satyr of El Salvador

http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.com.br/2013/04/the-satyr-of-el-salvador.html

SPANISH

SOURCE: Extraña deformidad, le crecen garras (VIDEO EM ESPANHOL).

TELEMUNDO-17/MÉXICO, publicado em 28/03/2013.

http://www.telemundo47.com/videos/Extrana-deformidad-lo-mantiene-inutil-200350241.html]

I believe you are talking about Goatman, a creature reported in either Maryland or Florida (I forgot which). It is said when you park your car by the forest where he dwells and wait for a bit, he will appear. He will jump on the hood of your car and wave his axe before disappearing back into the woods.

Google it, I'm sure you'll find plenty on it.

Sounds like the Pope Lick Monster...

It's described as a Goatman with an Axe that hangs out around a stretch of railroad tracks(spasifically a bridge). It's said that he mimics the voices of people to draw you in then you get hit by the train...

A good, all-encompassing overview of the many aspects of the Maryland-area Goatman legend:

"The Fletchers were struggling goat and dairy farmers who had a small farm in what is now Anne Arundel county. With only one child (Stephen) to help work the farm, they hired the Zug family as farm hands. When Stephen's parents rejected his desire to marry Jennifer Zug, he left home and never saw them again. Later, after Stephen had achieved financial success, he bought a home befitting his stature and called it Fletcher Manor.

College Park, Maryland is the most recent scene of GoatMan-related occurrences.

A house was bought by Stephen Fletcher with the money he received from several important patents. Fletcher lived here with his wife Jennifer and daughter Janie for several years until Jennifer became ill. What happened to the property at that point is unknown. The building was later used as a restaurant (the 94th Aero Squadron), but a series of unexplained incidents made it impossible to keep anyone employed at the site; it was then taken over by the Maryland Parks Commission, and has remained empty for over 10 years.

Dorsey Laboratories was a private research facility located in Riverdale, Maryland. Founded by Drs. Calvert and Victoria Heights, Dorsey Labs was the result of the Heights' interest in the GoatMan legend and, specifically, the lost work of Dr. Stephen Fletcher. Several years later, the Heights opened the Professors' Cryptid Museum on the lab grounds; suspicions quickly arose about the true purpose of the museum. Due to recent construction in Riverdale, the exact location of the Dorsey Lab site is unknown.

Beltsville_Agricultural_Research_Center_grounds.jpg

The Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, part of the United States Department of Agriculture, is the largest agricultural research complex in the world. Its research programs include Animal Health, Crop Protection and Quarantine, Plant Biological and Molecular Processes, Plant Genetic Resources, and Genomics and Genetic Improvement. Dr. Stephen Fletcher worked at the center as a research scientist from 1947 to sometime in the 1950s (Fletcher's erratic behavior and the destruction of official records make any conclusions uncertain)."

-http://www.goatmanhollow.com/

maryland_goat_man_by_boyblue219-d3cwc6s.jpg

That one picture is scary as hell, it doesn't matter how fake I know it is, something about that picture scares the hell out of me!