Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Our Complete and Utter Failure in Libya

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,649 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostTiggs, on 11 October 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

In everyone else's - it means in retreat.

I'll yield the point so other than semantics, do you have any opinion about this debacle?

"Embrace the suck"

#17    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,193 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

My opinion is that it's the typical Republican witch hunt.

#18    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,649 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostTiggs, on 11 October 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

My opinion is that it's the typical Republican witch hunt.

Really?  So the hearing is simply a witch hunt?   Congress shouldn't be investigating the murder of an Ambassador that the administration tried to blame on anything other than a planned terrorist act?  They shouldn't find out why there was inadequate security after both State and DoD were warned by people on the ground that the situation was volatile and dangerous?  I think that very few would agree with you but hey, you just let us all know what kind of character you have. :no:

"Embrace the suck"

#19    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostMerc14, on 11 October 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Really?  So the hearing is simply a witch hunt?  

It's a theatrical display by a Republican-led House in order to implicate a Democratic President.

Or let me put it another way - did you even read your OP?

The FBI, who are doing the actual on-the-ground investigation, can't even get into the area due to safety concerns. That's how much chance Congress have got of actually learning whether this was an organised terrorist attack or one led by a more spontaneous mob.

I think that very few would agree with you but hey, you just let us all know what kind of character you have. :no:

If your most compelling argument is to besmirch my character - then you're probably going to need a new argument.

#20    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,649 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostTiggs, on 12 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

It's a theatrical display by a Republican-led House in order to implicate a Democratic President.

Or let me put it another way - did you even read your OP?

The FBI, who are doing the actual on-the-ground investigation, can't even get into the area due to safety concerns. That's how much chance Congress have got of actually learning whether this was an organised terrorist attack or one led by a more spontaneous mob.

Yeah, and CNN strolled through a few days after the event and picked up the ambassador's journal.  Please, don't tell me it was that dangerous because that is utter BS.    Regardless, we all know what happened on the ground, what we want to know is how it happened and those decisions were made in Washington DC.

View PostTiggs, on 12 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

If your most compelling argument is to besmirch my character - then you're probably going to need a new argument.
Did I besmirch your character?  Where?  I simply stated that we all have a better idea of what your character is now.  If you feel you were besmirched it is a you thing, it is you projecting.

"Embrace the suck"

#21    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,649 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Hey Tiggs, guess what, Stephanie Cutter agrees with you!  LMAO.  I especially like the Mother Jones guy saying, basically, WTF?

Edited by Merc14, 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM.

"Embrace the suck"

#22    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostMerc14, on 12 October 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Yeah, and CNN strolled through a few days after the event and picked up the ambassador's journal.  Please, don't tell me it was that dangerous because that is utter BS.  

And yet - the FBI. Still not there.

Did I besmirch your character?  Where?  I simply stated that we all have a better idea of what your character is now.  If you feel you were besmirched it is a you thing, it is you projecting.

So that was a positive emoticon you finished your sentence with, was it?

Edited by Tiggs, 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#23    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostMerc14, on 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hey Tiggs, guess what, Stephanie Cutter agrees with you!

She's not the only one.

“I have grave concerns about the way [Wednesday’s] hearing devolved into a disorganized, partisan, and absurd spectacle when it should have been a serious and responsible investigation of the attack in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans” - Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings.

#24    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,649 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostTiggs, on 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

And yet - the FBI. Still not there.

Ask Eric Holder about that, not me.  Once again, I am not sure what groundbreaking evidence a forensic exploration will find but you keep on pushing that.  The real failure is right here in DC.  People died because of decisions in DC but it is a witch hunt because the FBI isn't in Benghazi.

View PostTiggs, on 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

So that was a positive emoticon you finished your sentence with, was it?
I was a bit sad that an obviously intelligent person would attack an investigation of this catastrophe as a witch hunt instead of saying something stinks here and we need to find out what really happened.  That was about me, though, as I expected more and was let down.  Live and learn.

"Embrace the suck"

#25    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostMerc14, on 12 October 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Ask Eric Holder about that, not me.  Once again, I am not sure what groundbreaking evidence a forensic exploration will find but you keep on pushing that. The real failure is right here in DC.  People died because of decisions in DC but it is a witch hunt because the FBI isn't in Benghazi.

Well, God forbid that evidence should be gathered.

It's a witch hunt because the entire Conservative echo chamber is using it to run around screaming their hearts out that Obama covered stuff up. That's why it's a witch hunt.

Again. Go re-read your OP.

In terms of the actual investigation - you're supporting a congressional investigation that's so ridiculously partisan that it's literally withholding information from the Democrats in congress. Literally.

I was a bit sad that an obviously intelligent person would attack an investigation of this catastrophe as a witch hunt instead of saying something stinks here and we need to find out what really happened.

It would be nice if we could have one of those, instead of the pre-election partisan pantomime farce that this has already degenerated into.

That was about me, though, as I expected more and was let down.  Live and learn.

Whereas, I totally expected you to continue with your line of attacks against my character.

Edited by Tiggs, 12 October 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,649 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostTiggs, on 12 October 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Well, God forbid that evidence should be gathered.

It' a witch hunt because the entire Conservative echo chamber is using it to run around screaming their hearts out that Obama covered stuff up. That's why it's a witch hunt.

Again. Go re-read your OP.

In terms of the actual investigation - you're supporting a congressional investigation that's so ridiculously partisan that it's literally withholding information from the Democrats in congress. Literally.

LOL. Oh I am all for investigation, at all levels and at all locations but you are the one calling it a witch hunt and stating it was impossibly dangerous for the FBI to go in-country due to the hazards while CNN reporters are walking through the building, unmolested and quite alone,  gathering that  evidence you deem so invaluable.
Show me a question that was so monstrously wrong at that hearing.

It would be nice if we could have one of those, instead of the pre-election partisan pantomime farce that this has already degenerated into.

please post the video  from this single congressional investigation that you find so repulsively partisan.  Remember those speed bumps are human lives and our ambassador.  Time for your proof Tiggs' show us the partisanship.

Whereas, I totally expected you to continue with your line of attacks against my character.

Projecting is an internal thing.  I did not attack you, I merely said we have an insight into your character.  Is that a violation of the TOS? .  If that is your point then we have a bigger problem, don't we. Should I alert an admin?

Edited by Merc14, 12 October 2012 - 04:21 AM.

"Embrace the suck"

#27    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

I think the time has come for TIGGS to lie down...

take a nap bud... the cat's gotta sleep... lol.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#28    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postacidhead, on 12 October 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

I think the time has come for TIGGS to lie down...

take a nap bud... the cat's gotta sleep... lol.

Dream on, sunshine.

#29    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,838 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

there seems to be some kind of weird political schizophrenia going on with all this.....

When Gaddafi  was being removed and Libya was given to the 'rebels'...the west KNEW that Al Qaeda was part of the rebel force...

http://www.telegraph...aeda-links.html#

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

and it looks like the same thing is being repeated in Syria...

And doesn't America give heavy financial backing to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt? (correct me if I'm wrong)

What the hell is going on......the word STUPID comes to mind...

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,206 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

There was a time in America when the murder of a US ambassador would have been unthinkable.  Such an act would have had consequences too painful and immediate to contemplate.  We are a month out and all that is happening is political squabbling still.  The enemies of this country are REAL.  They see us as weak and divided and I agree.  The buck stops at the desk in the Oval office and that is not a partisan statement - if the president isn't responsible to lead in this situation then why do we even need a president?  Weakness invites further aggression and I suspect we will see follow on attacks in the coming days because of all the vacillation.  These animals cannot be appeased.  They can only be defeated.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users