Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

France Spies on its Citizens

Ashotep

PARIS (Reuters) – France’s external intelligence agency spies on the French public’s phone calls, emails and social media activity in France and abroad, the daily Le Monde said on Thursday.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/04/france-revealed-to-be-spying-on-its-citizens-phone-calls-email-and-social-media/

They are creating a map of who is talking to who and keeping the records for years. So France and probably most other countries don't feel left out.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashotep

• odas

• questionmark

• Professor Buzzkill

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if this information cant be used by law enforcement, what is the purpose for keeping it?

I bet they do use it and they keep it because if you ever get in trouble for something else they can go back through it to see what else they can get you for.

if this information cant be used by law enforcement, what is the purpose for keeping it?

Because it is extremely useful to have some dirt on somebody if he/she does not behave.

I dont know why such things are a suprise. A few years ago I argude exactly this problem on UM and some people called me paranoid.

Every government spies on its people.

One very effective way are creditcards, bankcards.

They csn figure out not only where your money is spend, how it is spent, what the financial turnover is, your habits but also the timeline of your movements.

Ad to that your cyber network, phone calls...

Who in all seriousness can clame that we are free people?