Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When it comes to belief and skepticism

Clarakore

Post-Christian turned low magic practitioner and Aquarian chela of the Ascended Masters.

Science and progress also contains vast amounts of my faith.

• Like 2

I do understand what you wrote. You have just traded on guru for another guru.

http://www.summitlighthouse.org/books/the-chela-and-the-path/

I am glad I have outgrown the need for gurus and their New Age babel. Good luck with your new found path, try not to let the guru suck you dry of cash.

• Like 3

Post-Christian turned low magic practitioner and Aquarian chela of the Ascended Masters.

Is this coming from being here?

As for the thread title, which I'm assuming is the question, I don't know. :o

Parts of me like to think so. Parts of me, assumes that I haven't.

Are you questioning if the path as changed for posters after coming ?

If that's the question, and I answer on my behalf, I don't think so. Though, I think I have more 'information' than before, which might make the path I had before coming here, that might make it a little more reflective.

Sir Wearer of Hats:

I see that you are using English words, and have arranged them into what appears to be sentences.

But ... Sense I find none.

Ah, so I wasn't the only one.
  • Like 2

What is low magic practitioner and Aquarian chela of the ascended masters?

Wow, this is quite a change, from Christian to ...

Where you raised ChristIan?

Great thread Sam.

I've become more skeptical since joining UM. I've been here for almost ten years, and I joined when I was eighteen after being a lurker for several years. I've become much more critical of extraordinary claims, and more demanding of evidence to back up silliness. At the same time, I've gained the ability to change my mind when said evidence is presented.

I've also developed a newfound love for my country, since we have a pronounced lack of religious crazies when compared to 'merica and the UK.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 2

I met an ascended master once ..........

he was awefull

grumpy-cat.jpg

• Like 3

What is low magic practitioner and Aquarian chela of the ascended masters?

Wow, this is quite a change, from Christian to ...

Where you raised ChristIan?

Great thread Sam.

http://vsociety.net/wiki/Low_magick

Candle spells, sigils, pretty much free style sorcery. Kinda fun if you're just goofing around with it and don't take it serious.

I do understand what you wrote. You have just traded on guru for another guru.

http://www.summitlig...a-and-the-path/

I am glad I have outgrown the need for gurus and their New Age babel. Good luck with your new found path, try not to let the guru suck you dry of cash.

I'm rather against guru's actually. Just one idiot telling another idiot what to think, kinda like public education.

• Like 1

http://vsociety.net/wiki/Low_magick

Candle spells, sigils, pretty much free style sorcery. Kinda fun if you're just goofing around with it and don't take it serious.

I'm rather against guru's actually. Just one idiot telling another idiot what to think, kinda like public education.

Thanks for the link, X. :)

I've become more skeptical since joining UM. I've been here for almost ten years, and I joined when I was eighteen after being a lurker for several years. I've become much more critical of extraordinary claims, and more demanding of evidence to back up silliness. At the same time, I've gained the ability to change my mind when said evidence is presented.

I've also developed a newfound love for my country, since we have a pronounced lack of religious crazies when compared to 'merica and the UK.

Interesting post, Podo. Thank you for sharing.

I have become less hostile and actually skeptical. Where I once was linear in thinking; I now want to look at things from as many perspectives as possible. I came to learn and stay to learn; I have worked out and through a lot on UM, much of it personal towards my own growth, which I hear from feedback it is happening. :) I came here as an atheist (jumped right in mouth first, thinking later/ gosh I was an idiot in my early days), and remain an atheist these days. The difference is now I know why I am one, and what type I want to be as opposed to just attaching the label blindly.

Edited by Sherapy

I don't even know about myself anymore. I had a bad christian upbringing, tried being christian and found that those supposed christians were hypocrites. So I took what I found useful from the religion and kept it. Practiced magick for a long time, low, high, in-between forms. Then I started delving into the psychology of magick and found that it was just a bunch of head tricks(which isn't exactly a bad thing). I do give leeway to the paranormal, I just don't bite every hook. Since I came here a few years ago, I've went from passive, to aggressive, to very aggressive, hit somewhere in the middle, and now I'm rather indifferent to it all. So long as no one's being a Class A jerk because of their faith and bringing harm to others I could care less what someone believes.

I had a bad christian upbringing,

This seems to be a persistent theme here, though I can't claim to have had that experience. I am sure no child should be indoctrinated with religious "teaching", it seems to be like force-feeding broccoli to a toddler, it puts them off it for life ! They'll eat broccoli when, and only when, and if, they develop an appetite for it. And so it should be with religion.

• Like 2

This seems to be a persistent theme here, though I can't claim to have had that experience. I am sure no child should be indoctrinated with religious "teaching", it seems to be like force-feeding broccoli to a toddler, it puts them off it for life ! They'll eat broccoli when, and only when, and if, they develop an appetite for it. And so it should be with religion.

It is really those who take their faith too far. Instead of it being just a belief it's seems to make them a rabid dog. They become aggressive towards anything outside their special little box of conformity. Once that happens out comes the God Hammer (not talking about Thor lol). Which they attempt to mentally and in some sad cases physical beat the sin out of you with. My Grandmother is like that. She's a mean old ***** and when she dies I will shed no tear. She's 90 years old and still hateful.

It is really those who take their faith too far. Instead of it being just a belief it's seems to make them a rabid dog. They become aggressive towards anything outside their special little box of conformity. Once that happens out comes the God Hammer (not talking about Thor lol). Which they attempt to mentally and in some sad cases physical beat the sin out of you with. My Grandmother is like that. She's a mean old ***** and when she dies I will shed no tear. She's 90 years old and still hateful.

They are being Christ-like, not like a rabid dog:

1 Peter 5:8

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Revelation 5:5

Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals."

Revelation 22:16

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

lion-roar.jpg

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals."

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

No very convincing to me...

• Like 1

The more bluster, the less secure the belief. To be very sparing and subtle, is to be a more convincing persuader.

• Like 1

lion-roar.jpg

No very convincing to me...

1 John 2:6

Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

lannister___hear_me_roar___1920x1200_by_grimhrakkar-d5hubgn.png

Edited by Mystic Crusader

1 John 2:6

Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

lannister___hear_me_roar___1920x1200_by_grimhrakkar-d5hubgn.png

That's some serious theology.

• Like 1

I never really had much of an issue with religion as I was growing up.

I actually enjoyed mass, and CCD.

And my CCD teacher actually turned me onto Egyptology, though the book he gave me undermined what he was teaching at times.

I have issues with other things, but my personal experience has been generally alright, bar two exceptions.

• Like 3