Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy, 11, takes gun to school in fear

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 19 December 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

[b] [size=5]Is this how easy it is to get a gun in America?  I remember reading an article in the newspaper the other day about shops in Australia that were being fined large sums of money for selling replica guns (ie, no actual ammo).
They do not have the laws that other countries do for storing the guns.  It is rather scary, IMO.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#17    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Wait a minute. Does this article mean that kids bringing guns to school DOESN'T prevent mass murderers ?
So .. wait, more guns make for a more UNsafe environment?

Well that's crazy...everybody should just have guns. That way shooting events are more controlled.
Just like everyone getting a car prevents car accidents.
And everyone buying cigarettes prevents cancer.

That's just how the world works.

#18    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Wow... that's bad.

#19    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostRender, on 20 December 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

[bold]Wait a minute. Does this article mean that kids bringing guns to school DOESN'T prevent mass murderers ?[/bold]
So .. wait, more guns make for a more UNsafe environment?

Well that's crazy...everybody should just have guns. That way shooting events are more controlled.
Just like everyone getting a car prevents car accidents.
And everyone buying cigarettes prevents cancer.

That's just how the world works.

That is the mindset of numerous Americans.  Pretty scary, IMO

#20    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,196 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 20 December 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

They do not have the laws that other countries do for storing the guns.  It is rather scary, IMO.

Yes we do...the question is, how is that going to be enforced. How is it enforced in other countries? Does law enforcement come in, without warning, for weapon storing inspections?

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,591 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 19 December 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...town-fears.html

Now how the hell did an 11 year old get a gun to take to school?  And was that just a story to get out of punishment?

Clearly he got it from the black market

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,420 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostMichelle, on 20 December 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Yes we do...the question is, how is that going to be enforced. How is it enforced in other countries? Does law enforcement come in, without warning, for weapon storing inspections?
they do, if you lucky enough to have a gun there. and they do it here too, in some places, i personally was a whitness when 2 nassau county dt came to my friends house, with no prior call, after he ordered a box of ammo online.they came, were let inside, looked at the safe, looked at the weapons, said have a nice day, and left.nypd does it too, as much as they can, i'm sure they don't do it to everyone, but if someone raises their interest they do come for a visit, it happened many times.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#23    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

No, not regularly, but if something happens and the guns were not secured properly then the fines and charges start.  Maybe it is a matter of respect for the law and the police.  Canadians may grumble, but, we dounderstand the need for laws and enforcement we don't see the police as the enemy.

View PostStellar, on 20 December 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Clearly he got it from the black market
LMAO!  but, of course he did!

#24    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yes, they do. Well, they don't come in without a warning, though, they ring the bell :P The penalty for not following the law is a high fine or up to 3 years in prison.

#25    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,420 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

so? we have 6 years jail time automaticly, in nyc, if you cought with illegal gun, so what? it didn't lower crime one bit.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Huh? Sorry if you got that wrong, I was not adressing you in any way. I just felt like pointing out the penalty. Comes with the territory, I guess. :)

#27    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,196 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 20 December 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

No, not regularly, but if something happens and the guns were not secured properly then the fines and charges start.  Maybe it is a matter of respect for the law and the police.  Canadians may grumble, but, we dounderstand the need for laws and enforcement we don't see the police as the enemy.

So there is no way to know until after an incident occurs.

:lol:Sorry, I had to laugh at the other statements. You haven't read what Silver Thong and few of the other Canadians here have said about the police have you? They have less trust and respect for them than anyone I know.

#28    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,196 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

In my opinion, this would be like a non gun owner family having a baby and social services started inspecting their house periodically to make sure it was completely child-proofed. They have no right to do this unless the child has been injured in one way or the other, more than once or someone has reported neglect. They have no right to invade your privacy otherwise.

#29    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well, there are many (not implying you would be one of those) who want to have a so called "baby-licence", even in the states. I do see a similarity there. Both having kids and owning a gun is a great responsibility that has to be taken care of, and if not, people can die.

The difference is: Over here having a baby is a right, while owning a gun is a privilege, like driving a car.

#30    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,420 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 20 December 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Well, there are many (not implying you would be one of those) who want to have a so called "baby-licence", even in the states. I.
i do, i see a lot of ppl that should not breed, but licenses wont do much,

Edited by aztek, 20 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users