Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Chat Room

HolyDevil2053

The Chat Room here, I have visited a couple times and each time it would be empty...

***Does anyone ever go in there?*** blink.gif

w00t.gif I would love to have a chat live with several people on here...perhaps some kind of meeting time of some sort... tongue.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Subtemperate

• HolyDevil2053

• Blood Angel

Lots of people go in.

I myself am unable too, it never works for me for some reason. sad.gif

when i look at the little box thing that tells how many members are in the chat room, it just says 0. Does that thing even work?

I have noticed that 2... always wondered where everyone was at dontgetit.gif

People aren't in there all the time. I've found that waiting in there usually lures someone in the chat, and they in turn lure someone else in and so on.

Edited by colorless

I just went in and only chat bot was there...lol...

Gonna chill there for the next couple of minutes to see if anyone goes in...

The 'users active in chat room' number only reflects the number of people who access the chat room from the link at the top of the forum page. Another way to use the room is through a direct link of the MIRC aplet, and that number is not shown in the box. So, you may see '0' but there may actually be people in the room. The only regularly scheduled 'chat' is at 8pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on Sunday.

MM

I have found that if you type "hello" or something and wait a couple of minutes, someone will show up. thumbsup.gif

The 'users active in chat room' number only reflects the number of people who access the chat room from the link at the top of the forum page. Another way to use the room is through a direct link of the MIRC aplet, and that number is not shown in the box. So, you may see '0' but there may actually be people in the room. The only regularly scheduled 'chat' is at 8pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on Sunday.

MM

326763[/snapback]

Cool beans...thanx! w00t.gif

The 'users active in chat room' number only reflects the number of people who access the chat room from the link at the top of the forum page. Another way to use the room is through a direct link of the MIRC aplet, and that number is not shown in the box. So, you may see '0' but there may actually be people in the room.

Not any more, the users online counter now reflects the exact number of people in the room, including those logged in through mirc. wink2.gif

To those having problems getting into the chat room, have you gone through the chat room help guide in this thread ?

The chat room applet works perfectly if your browser is set up properly, and there are alternative ways of getting in if all else fails - mIRC for example.

Does anyone ever go in there?

Yes, every day. There is quite a crowd in there most days, most commonly in the evening. As someone suggested above, try logging in and sitting in the room for a period of time, that usually attracts others to join in when they see you on the on-line users counter on the forum.

I go in often now, and its mainly good fun.... except for this annoying guy posing as Saruman..... He reaelly brings me down grin2.gif

Im playing...its all good original.gif

Me, Thistle, Scar, and MC usually frequent the rooms during the day (UK). ^^

Well, I'm there sometimes!

But it's a problem. I have to go to my other (a windows 98) computer for chat! It doesn't work at this one i'm posting on!

ive only been in once or twice but was distracted by homework disgust.gif

Wun...they want people TO go in there wink2.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Subtemperate

hey ba thanks for forgetting about em am in there loads :-(

332949[/snapback]

o_o ...uh and wun seems to frequent quite alot too.....

It seems like everytime I log in the chatroom, people follow quick. It must be my kick ass personality! Either that, or people like to see me make a fool of myself. tongue.gif

cool.gif i usually go on chat a lot but that is usually to talk to erikl grin2.gif but a lot of the time i just sit there on my lonesome crying.gif well, at least until someone pity's me and comes on laugh.gifcool.gif

i cant even get in... the page wont load for me....

bugger and damnation

edit. this is the link to the page i get

Edited by tigger

Tigger, hopefully this thread will help you get it to work : Click Here

There's a chat room support FAQ down the bottom. thumbsup.gif

i cant even get in... the page wont load for me....

bugger and damnation

edit. this is the link to the page i get

342259[/snapback]

Damn that link gave me a fatal error and shut down my pc...or it was coincidence kinda strange either way.... ohmy.gif