Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Rick dyer tent footage, Dead bigfoot.

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#256    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

You have a point.

#257    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 07 March 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

You have a point.

Not really trying for one.
We are talking... Dyer...bigfoot...hoaxing. None makes much sense.
I'm not thinking he files for unemployment  when not hoaxing either, but you never know, he is a cocky sob.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 March 2013 - 12:33 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#258    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

He does a podcast you should go give him a listen, dude's way out in never, never land and I'm pretty sure a couple times he's been on something when he was doing the show.

#259    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 07 March 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

He does a podcast you should go give him a listen, dude's way out in never, never land and I'm pretty sure a couple times he's been on something when he was doing the show.

Sitting on his brain squashes the neurons.

I've heard him. He is not the only one who seems to leave earth when discussing bigfoot.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#260    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 07 March 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Not really trying for one.
We are talking... Dyer...bigfoot...hoaxing. None makes much sense.
I'm not thinking he files for unemployment  when not hoaxing either, but you never know, he is a cocky sob.
If you want to claim unemployment you have to file and pay taxes, and I'm just guessing, but I think he's probably not paying taxes on that Bigfoot tour money. If you are willing to stand before the entire Nation and claim you have a dead bigfoot, what is a little tax evasion??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#261    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I honestly can't put anything past this guy, but I'll take a shot in the dark and say he isn't making enough each quarter on his "expeditions" to have to pay taxes on them.
No matter what he claims.

He seems to do a lot of claiming. :yes:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 March 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#262    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

One of his claims is he's going to be driving a Corvette. I'm guessing any day now he's going to stop in at the local Chevy dealer and try to trade a Bigfoot steak for a new Corvette. What? Hey, one has to be creative you know.

#263    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

Wasn't that money from the London Production Co. that witnessed the bigfoot that he now claims was a hoax?
So, it's not just rock-and-rollers who get their "money for nothin'  and chicks critics for free"

(I smell test drive photos)

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 March 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#264    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Some of it was I'm sure. the rest would be from his merch, podcasts etc. I'm sure he manages to make enough to survive just well enough.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#265    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Or live off the wife/girlfriend. I've heard a baby crying in the background, maybe she is at work?
Does anyone go on his bigfoot expeditions? Or just his homies as shills.
Peace, out!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#266    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Steve Kulls rips into Slick Rick.

http://squatchdetect...under-a-minute/

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#267    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

He deserves to be ripped into, he's a liar and just plain old scummy trailer trash. I wouldn't believe him if he brought out a body because it's probably going to be another fake. Although, I have to admit I can't help but to keep watching this train wreck. Call it a weakness, but strangely, there are still some people who are backing him up here and there. Of course, that's not so surprising when you consider that there a few people who think Hitler was just misunderstood.

#268    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well Ken, when I started this thread a few month back I believed he had a dead bigfoot body. Now I can gladly say with conviction. I agree he is scummy trailer trash who found "fame"(? If you can call it that) by hoaxing (not just the bigfoot community but) the world in 2008, and he most certainly has NOT got a dead bigfoot. The hitler comparison couldn't have been more accurate where Slick is concerned. I'm not familiar with what Kulls exposed regarding the Wheton, Dyer, Biscardi hoax, but I'd take his word over dyers any sunday of the month.

Edited by danbell06, 09 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#269    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 09 March 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I agree he is scummy trailer trash who found "fame"(? If you can call it that) by hoaxing (not just the bigfoot community but) the world in 2008, and he most certainly has NOT got a dead bigfoot. The hitler comparison couldn't have been more accurate where Slick is concerned.

Posted Image

To compare the supporters of Rick Dyer to those of Adolf Hitler is a bit rich. Surely it would be more accurate to compare Dyer's supporters to those of Roger Patterson (former roustabout, family continues to make money from Bigfoot, did not admit to hoaxing, estimated death toll: zero) or Ivan Marx, or Tom Biscardi, or Janice Carter, or Paul Freeman, or Mary Green, or Melba Ketchum, or Matt Moneymaker, or any other Bigfoot promoter really.

Bigfoot is all about who you believe whether they are a university professor, your close friend, or some dude on the internet. The actual evidence is all the same - fakes and misidentifications. The social reasons to believe Dyer about Bigfoot are no different than those to believe anyone else...

Is it easier to deride Dyer and his supporters for their folly than it is to take a long hard look at one's own beliefs regarding Bigfoot?

Posted Image

Edited by Night Walker, 10 March 2013 - 03:43 AM.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#270    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

I deride Dyer. I do not deride all his followers and never have/will. All hoaxers have their following, no matter what.

I was part of that following for a couple months too, years ago.

It is the members of their following who are just shills, that I dislike.

Those who know he's full of it and his claims are full of it, yet they like to join up in stringing everyone along and stirring up arguments and proselytizing believers for the cause or just for the heck of it.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 10 March 2013 - 05:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users