Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth

Occam seems to have run out of things to say after calling me a Walter Mitty type. For those who haven't read the James Thurber story, the 1947 movie starring Danny Kaye is considered the classic version.

9135-16831.jpg

And this was Mrs. Eunice Mitty.

813-16831.jpg

Whenever she starts talking, poor Walter just checks out of reality again, but I don't think that my situation is similar.

Oh, I forgot to mention. You're being very defensive MacG. Whats the famous quote, it's something like: "methinks the chap protesteth too much".

Poor, misnamed Occam. You really want to know something, do you? You aren't content to be just a small part of the Friday Night Smackdown audience? If you want to know where the ETs are, they're all around us, but you won't know it unless they want you to.

What_Chant.jpg

Oh dear. I really touched a nerve didn't I, hit the nail right on the head. Sorry MacG you've been rumbled, someone had to say it.

Wow, 35 pages! Not reading past the OP ibut my first inclination was to look up Brandon Chase and quickly found he has authored a Sci Fi book.

Not being cynical, just realistic.

No idea what the gist of this tome of a thread contains but I can imagine.

Whitley Streiber is a fiction writer too isn't he.

On a website entitled "Unexplained Mysteries" there's bound to be discussion that can't be proven...and that's a *fact*.

That is the most factual thing I've ever read on here.

Its a space craft its a balloon no its a UFO no its a weather balloon blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, lets just call it a draw. :alien:

Its a space craft its a balloon no its a UFO no its a weather balloon blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, lets just call it a draw. :alien:

In my honest opinion, I don't think we need to call it anything but unexplained.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 4

Im with Badeskov`s on this one Guys ! I was out there a few years ago and all I saw was Dirt !

post-68971-0-38356600-1343438177_thumb.j

Whitley Streiber is a fiction writer too isn't he.

True, he wrote: "The Hunger", and "Wolfen". He wrote other well known books listed as non fiction.

The Post Modernist pov is at odds with the Materialist.

Personally, I gave up halfway through book 3.

Edited by HDesiato

A fictional account of historical events is a 'what if' story.

The juxtuposition of a Sci Fi story onto a true story, incorporating the popular conspiracy theory, creates an illusion of credibility.

Yes it does. The book I suggested to MacG (B006HFTX0K) is a reasonable example of this. It's an action adventure UFO novel that mentions Roswell and Rendlesham and other "factual" conspiracy theory type events, and the book hints that it may be a true story. I think it's a good yarn, nothing more, just another in a long line of good fanciful UFO yarns, many of which are put forward as truth. But the big difference is, this one is sold as a novel, it doesn't claim to be true. Whitley Strieber did a similar thing with 'Majestic', a "fictional" account of the Roswell story.

I have little doubt that if the author had put it out there as a true story there would have been people on here saying they were "in the know" about that night in the UK in 1991. That's life in the conspiracy theory world, lots of 'Walter Mittys'.

Edited by Occams Razor

True, he wrote: "The Hunger", and "Wolfen". He wrote other well known books listed as non fiction.

The Post Modernist pov is at odds with the Materialist.

Personally, I gave up halfway through book 3.

I thought it curious that in the movie of the book 'Communion' supposedly a "true story", Strieber tells the tale of him being abducted by aliens that appear as small Gothic type critters and is taken aboard a spacecraft that looks, on the inside, like a Gothic dungeon, to be examined! Good stuff, but not a huge leap from the Gothic horror stuff he had previously written as fiction. He explained this as his subconscious memories of his previous alien abduction experiences manifesting themselves as Gothic fiction. Good one Whitley.

Edited by Occams Razor

[streiber

Subconscious communicates in symbols and I think if he really believes his story this is just his perception and doesn't make the interpretation true but he managed to create an alien conspiracy myth.

Everything in life is really part of myth or a truth mixed with misperceptions or lies.

The real truth is usually stranger than fiction. The one who tells a lie weaves facts into it to make the lie part believable. A mystery comes when a person experiences something that they or their science can not explain and they search for an answer with only what they can comprehend. Just because we have not shared that experience doesn't make it a total falsehood. We can learn from others and their myths. We also learn from conflicting points of view. This is essentially good because it can help us to question why we believe and get rid of our own misconceptions :)

Searching myths is part of finding answers. Just like a scientist seeks facts and creates theories. There is some truth in every myth or theory but only when they all unify together is there real truth. It is personal or shared experiences that lead to discoveries of real truth and we should welcome all of them as a learning experience.

It's like science may "prove" a theory but over time it is later "proved" incomplete or wrong. A lot of myths, religions, conspiracy theories and even science is based on belief of a lot of propaganda.To sift through it for the threads of hidden truth on which their belief is based is a method we can use to expand our own perception of the truth.

Forums are good for that :)

“Those who invalidate reason ought seriously to consider whether they argue against reason with or without reason; if with reason, then they establish the principles that they are laboring to dethrone: but if they argue without reason (which, in order to be consistent with themselves they must do), they are out of reach of rational conviction, nor do they deserve a rational argument.”

- Ethan Allen

I Love "Ethan Allen`s" work ! We have a few of there pieces in the house ! Great post HDeslato !

• Like 1

I Love "Ethan Allen`s" work ! We have a few of there pieces in the house ! Great post HDeslato !

St Carl quotes EA in "The Demon Haunted World".

Oh dear. I really touched a nerve didn't I, hit the nail right on the head. Sorry MacG you've been rumbled, someone had to say it.

I'm not here to "rumble" with you. I stand by everything I've said on here and other threads, and that's all I can do. If you choose to disbelieve it, I can't control that.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

And for those were were asking me about the guy who disappeared after giving testimony for the Disclosure Project, it was John Maynard of the Defense Intelligence Agency. I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that. Nothing at all.

I am 100% certain that he was telling the truth about what he knew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59vGau9k8Y

And for those were were asking me about the guy who disappeared after giving testimony for the Disclosure Project, it was John Maynard of the Defense Intelligence Agency. I heard that he was arrested in 2003, and I can find out nothing more about him after that. Nothing at all.

I am 100% certain that he was telling the truth about what he knew.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59vGau9k8Y[/media]

How can you be 100% certain.

How can you be 100% certain.

Easily, since I was in the same line of work for many years, although I never met him. If anyone has any information about what happened to him after 2003, I'd definitely want to find out about it. Is he alive or dead? Is he still being held somewhere or did he make a deal to keep quiet? I'd really like to know that, boys.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Easily, since I was in the same line of work for many years, although I never met him. If anyone has any information about what happened to him after 2003, I'd definitely want to find out about it. Is he alive or dead? Is he still being held somewhere or did he make a deal to keep quiet? I'd really like to know that, boys.

I really have trouble with the religious angle he promotes. He finds Ezekiel's wheel and quote "conclusive proof" of ET visiting here for 5 millennia. I cannot agree with that.

I really have trouble with the religious angle he promotes. He finds Ezekiel's wheel and quote "conclusive proof" of ET visiting here for 5 millennia. I cannot agree with that.

He was one of those guys who had UFO experiences and got religion because of it, although also because he questioned the morality of what the military and the intelligence agencies were doing in various places. Any religion I ever had when I was younger is long gone, though, and in general I thought the people we were up against were at least as bad as us, and often a lot worse.

Anyhow, I would like to know what happened to Maynard after 2003 because after his alleged arrest he fell right off the map, as if into a black hole somewhere.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Dont you just Love those Black Holes ? MIB`s must have a monopoly on them ! :alien::no::tu:

He was one of those guys who had UFO experiences and got religion because of it, although also because he questioned the morality of what the military and the intelligence agencies were doing in various places. Any religion I ever had when I was younger is long gone, though, and in general I thought the people we were up against were at least as bad as us, and often a lot worse.

I agree, religion had the same effect on me, I consider myself agnostic these days. It was different with the Old School though from my experience. My Father was a very religious person, more than ever in his final decade, he got quite involved with the Church. With the old school guys, it seemed the older they got, the more likely they were to dive into religion, or similar. My mother was very much the same, but far worse.

I am only sad that I will have to leave my kids one day. I find that the most daunting aspect of death. I an see why an afterlife is a very attractive concept.

Anyhow, I would like to know what happened to Maynard after 2003 because after his alleged arrest he fell right off the map, as if into a black hole somewhere.

I have seen the rumours of the alleged arrest, I find that one hard to swallow because all of his claims and information (that supposedly got him locked up to begin with) are still up and available on the net. I just checked Surfing the apocalypse, which holds one of his more well known interviews, and it is still 100% intact. If he really was taken for what he was saying, then one would have to assume that his writings would also disappear. I wonder if he will show up having done some big unannounced tour of the world incognito, or if he might become another Harold Holt.

Dont you just Love those Black Holes ? MIB`s must have a monopoly on them ! :alien::no::tu:

No, I can't say that I ever felt any warm and fuzzy feelings for them.

I have seen the rumours of the alleged arrest, I find that one hard to swallow because all of his claims and information (that supposedly got him locked up to begin with) are still up and available on the net. I just checked Surfing the apocalypse, which holds one of his more well known interviews, and it is still 100% intact. If he really was taken for what he was saying, then one would have to assume that his writings would also disappear. I wonder if he will show up having done some big unannounced tour of the world incognito, or if he might become another Harold Holt.

Maybe he's dead, but no one seems to have heard anything at all about him.

Maybe he's dead, but no one seems to have heard anything at all about him.

Do you know if he had a middle name or where he lived? Near every link on the net is saying the same thing that you have posted, no biography, nothing. Just the article I already mentioned. I found a few John Maynard's in death records here - Link. A few possible candidates, but without further information, hard to determine if one of these records pertain to the same man. Not much at find a grave either.