Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russian space experts are seeking to solve

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

This really is space junk: Russian space experts examine 200-kilo metal 'UFO dustbin lid' which fell from the sky in Siberia

Russian space experts are seeking to solve the mystery of 'a UFO fragment' which crashed close to a remote village in Siberia.

The 'silver U-shaped device' weighs 200 kilos, has does not appear to be a rocket or a missile - or a remnant of earthly space technology.

‘The object found is not related to space technology. A final conclusion can be made after a detailed study of the object by experts,' said the Russian space agency Roscosmos.

http://www.dailymail...ky-Siberia.html

looks man made to me.

#2    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

It looks awful intact and in good shape for having fallen through our atmosphere. I do not even see any scorching on it. Me thinks it is probably just industrial junk.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

http://www.dailymail...ky-Siberia.html

UFO Fragment ?
Discuss.

Miss me?

#4    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

Already posted.

But I agree that it is unlikely to have fallen from the sky.  Just look at it.  Did that object pass through the atmosphere?  No, it would have burned up.  Did it fall any significant distance?  No, it couldn't have survived intact and retained that shape with a significant fall.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

Argh !
*waves fist*
I check to see if they are posted already,and I dont see it so....

Miss me?

#6    dalekeniry

dalekeniry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

it looks like it could have been from some sort of water tower.

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

maybe its the Roswell memory metal  :alien:

#8    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

What makes them think it fell from the sky?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#9    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostDKO, on 22 March 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

What makes them think it fell from the sky?

Thats not from space. And even if it did fall from the sky wheres all the major dents from impact then? And in the vid the 'russian space experts' (laughable phrase really) just went up and rocked it a bit. Very scientific test that. Prolly kicked it a few times too, as you do...

Know what Catherine Tate would say about this?

Edited by bouncer, 22 March 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#10    Troublehalf

Troublehalf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

People say "it would have burn marks on it" but has anybody thought it may have fallen from a "UFO" that was much lower to the ground, way below entry burning? Furthermore, if it's made of a very strong titanium (a very rough and strong metal composite, duh) then it's also possible there is no dent because of the height was much lower. Furthermore, it's going to be landing in several feet of snow AT LEAST, do you really think that one of the strongest materials we know of on Earth is going to dent when dropped into several feet of snow? :\

Anyways, not saying it's part of a UFO, not saying it's aliens, it could easily of been junk picked up by a tornado and thrown through the air, which, once again, would explain lack of dents/burn marks.

It's a wonder how anything credible or real gets noticed with all the huge amount of skeptics and debunkers. I believe in other life, do I believe in them coming here? It's possible, but it kills all buzz and wonder/mystery when people go "Durrrp herp fake" or try and debunk it.

People see the word "Space" and then think moons, stars, planets, instead of thinking.... If it's not of Earth manufacture, then it must come from elsewhere, therefore Space. Doesn't mean it fell from space. Sigh....

But it's probably just some trash, if not, I feel upset that aliens are using our planet as a rubbish (garbage if you're American) dumping zone.

#11    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostTroublehalf, on 22 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

People say "it would have burn marks on it" but has anybody thought it may have fallen from a "UFO" that was much lower to the ground, way below entry burning? Furthermore, if it's made of a very strong titanium (a very rough and strong metal composite, duh) then it's also possible there is no dent because of the height was much lower. Furthermore, it's going to be landing in several feet of snow AT LEAST, do you really think that one of the strongest materials we know of on Earth is going to dent when dropped into several feet of snow? :\

Anyways, not saying it's part of a UFO, not saying it's aliens, it could easily of been junk picked up by a tornado and thrown through the air, which, once again, would explain lack of dents/burn marks.

It's a wonder how anything credible or real gets noticed with all the huge amount of skeptics and debunkers. I believe in other life, do I believe in them coming here? It's possible, but it kills all buzz and wonder/mystery when people go "Durrrp herp fake" or try and debunk it.

People see the word "Space" and then think moons, stars, planets, instead of thinking.... If it's not of Earth manufacture, then it must come from elsewhere, therefore Space. Doesn't mean it fell from space. Sigh....

But it's probably just some trash, if not, I feel upset that aliens are using our planet as a rubbish (garbage if you're American) dumping zone.

I understand your point about many debunkers, but lets look at this another way

1: The Daily Mail ran the story, no doubt amongst others
2: If it was a mysterious drop from space, the military or similar would have took over, it would have been carted off to some secure hangar, and we will prolly never know anything about it.

And why do things of an alien/ufo nature always happen in Siberia?

Edited by bouncer, 22 March 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#12    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Did anybody see it fall from the sky,I'll agree it isn't space born but it isn't from an alien craft either.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#13    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,713 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostTroublehalf, on 22 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

You have made the point I was going to make... saves me some time.
1. The trajectory was not tracked so no-one knows what height this object fell from
2. You do not use Titanium (or alloys) in water towers - the cost is just too prohibitive.
3. IF (big "If") something fell off of an extraterrestrial vehicle then why shouldn't it look fairly ordinary to us Humans? Should it be composed of highly exotic unknown, material, when all around us the elements that we know and understand are widespread throughout the Galaxy?

Just a couple of thoughts... nada mas

#14    partenion

partenion

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

"it would have burned up on re-entry"

Since when does titanium burn up on re-entry? Unless it reached speeds over 30km/sec or +100.000km/h, and even then it would not burn up, by the time it got liquid it would have slowed down enough to get solid again.

#15    JJsDietFitness

JJsDietFitness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Only an idiot thinks we're all alone.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

The 'saucer' looks like its been there for a long time. I'm sure if it was a russian secret plane, the reds would have grabbed it right away instead of letting trees grow around it. Interesting.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users