We've watched or read how the famous "interview" eye-witnesses, how would you do it?
Would you consider interviewing witnesses in all/any geographic areas and even old accounts (15+years)?
Would any pre-sighting prior belief in bigfoot, of the witness, weigh-in for you at all?
I think it would be fun and interesting, if done thoroughly but with respect to the witness. Not because I think I would be swayed but to get to the bottom of sightings more thoroughly than I have ever seen or read.
Some things I would focus on:
1. gut feeling toward witness (not always reliable, but unavoidable nonetheless, imo)
2. prior belief on bigfoot of witness (thorough questioning on where they stood and why before their sighting)
3. background of witness (i'd even talk to friends and relatives)
4. sighting distance, obstructions, weather, speed of witness or bigfoot, length of sighting
5. mindset at sighting time...daydreaming?...falling asleep?...excitable teenager? hunting bigfoot? after hearing a strange sound that raised their "fear factor"?
6. reinactment (to judge details of their recollection)
7. if recent or repeated sighting- check for physical evidence. Where nearby is this giant creature making a home for itself?
Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 April 2013 - 06:20 PM.