Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

McCain "If I were a dictator, which I always

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

zitro1987 on Oct 5 2008, 09:10 AM, said:

because some think he's joking, or taken out of context, didn't you read the only line I wrote in my post?

I'll give you a large clip: he's not joking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3b8d7EBrxE

LOL. O.K. Whatever you say. So don't vote for him if you think he's serious.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#17    Rastaman

Rastaman

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

IrishLexie on Oct 5 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

LOL. O.K. Whatever you say. So don't vote for him if you think he's serious.

Sucks when you get completely owned because it wasnt taken out of context doesnt it? Now all you have to say is "Oh wel..uh..whatever!! dont vote for him!!" lol....

#18    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser Söze?

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

I stopped the long video half way through, I got the feeling if I listened to McCain for any longer I was going to fall into a deep coma.

Let's not forget though that MSNBC is a liberal media outlet.

Anyone have a conservative media outlet running this story?  Just for the sake of balance.

He's either being completely serious or is the worst joke teller of all time.  I won't decide until I see a liberal AND conservative view.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds, 05 October 2008 - 05:33 PM.

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

#19    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:38 PM

Oh, come on, he's OBVIOUSLY trying for some kind of miserable unfunny joke here.  No one in his right mind running for President claims in earnest to "aspire to be" a dictator.  But he shouldn't be joking about a thing like that if he respects the office and respects our democracy.  In my view, it was a careless, irresponsible remark and a wide open window to his deeply cynical soul.

#20    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

sqlserver on Oct 5 2008, 01:33 PM, said:

I don't think this is evidence that McCain wants to be a dictator, or hates democracy, but rather evidence that he's completely lost his marbles!

Seriously, how stupid can you get, regardless of whether you actually want to be a dictator or not, you don't say it to the public.

Cheers,
SQLserver

Yes, if you actually wanted to be dictator you wouldn't say so. I assume it was just a poor joke.

#21    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

zitro1987 on Oct 5 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

because some think he's joking, or taken out of context, didn't you read the only line I wrote in my post?

I'll give you a large clip: he's not joking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3b8d7EBrxE

It sounded like a joke to me. He just didn't wait for a laugh. Also, please post a warning label before you put up any more Olbermann videos.  tongue.gif

#22    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

Rastaman on Oct 5 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

Sucks when you get completely owned because it wasnt taken out of context doesnt it? Now all you have to say is "Oh wel..uh..whatever!! dont vote for him!!" lol....

How was I owned? What he said was taken out of context. It was a joke - a stupid one. To think any different is to leave logic in the backseat of a car. If you clowns want to go on thinking it was a Freudian slip, be my guest.

Edited by IrishLexie, 05 October 2008 - 08:29 PM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users