Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House to Sue Obama?

DieChecker

http://edition.cnn.c...suit/index.html

Every member of Congress swore an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So did President Barack Obama.

But too often over the past five years, the President has circumvented the American people and their elected representatives through executive action, changing and creating his own laws, and excusing himself from enforcing statutes he is sworn to uphold -- at times even boasting about his willingness to do it, as if daring the American people to stop him.

That's why, later this month, we will bring legislation to the House floor that would authorize the House of Representatives to file suit in an effort to compel President Obama to follow his oath of office and faithfully execute the laws of our country.

The President's response: "So sue me."

Well, the Republicans seem like they are going to force a showdown between the House and the Executive. I can only speculate that they want to force Obama to act in a way to provide him even more bad press. This will either cinch the Fall Elections for the Republicans, or it will cause a backlash and ruin whatever positive influence they currently have.

I do believe President Obama has overstepped on many occasions. And continues to make dubious decisions even today. Pres Obama would be best served by ignoring this for now, IMHO. He should try to get back to the business of running the nation rather then picking lots of Political fights.

Edited by DieChecker

This will never work. We tried it with Nixon & it failed then.

The courts will just say the logical thing....impeach him so that history will remember him as a shame faced loser that failed at fundamental politics.

A lawsuit might hold water depending on what judge presides. The executive branch doesn't have the authority to ignore or create laws, he's just given a lot of latitude on how to enforce them. Yet Obama has completely ignored some laws, made executive actions contradicting others and has independently picked and chosen what parts of other laws to allow to be enforced.

He blames Congress for not working with him to fulfill his goals, but a republic doesn't work that way. He seems to have the delusion that his status as President means it's his way or the highway.

• Like 2

I believe he's overstepping his power. As another article on the same website says, "Dear Speaker Boehner: Please do your job"

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/06/opinion/kohn-john-boehner-nonsense/index.html

It reads in part:

Think about this for just a second: House Republicans are using taxpayer dollars to fund a lawsuit against a President who has literally done not only what every president before him has done but has done it less often and is doing so now only because House Republicans repeatedly refuse to even vote on legislation, let alone pass anything.

And you have the gall to accuse the President of being the one in violation of the Constitution?

Other commentators have referred to his lawsuit as "grandstanding" and I think I agree.

So they are suing him to uphold his duties? Who's the pot and who's the kettle?

Our entire Government is a ******* joke....All of them.

I doubt I will ever vote again. Why vote for the better of the 2 or 3 evils?

I hope I live to see a major change, hopefully a revolution.

• Like 2

So they are suing him to uphold his duties? Who's the pot and who's the kettle?

Maybe the Executive needs to file a counter suit?

Im going to be honest, I guess I dont understand our political system enough.

Like are they going to try and sue him for money? I never even realized part of out government could "sue" another part.

From a political stand point this is a dumb(if it does indeed result in a shut down) move for republicans, they have a pretty fair shot at elections in the fall but alas they always know how to shoot themselves in the foot

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Like are they going to try and sue him for money? I never even realized part of out government could "sue" another part.

From a political stand point this is a dumb(if it does indeed result in a shut down) move for republicans, they have a pretty fair shot at elections in the fall but alas they always know how to shoot themselves in the foot

I think they are going to try to sue to limit his executive powers as outlined by the Constitution and History.

I believe what they're hoping to win is a nullification of some past Obama actions and a more clear definition of what the Executive and Legislative branch can and can't legally do.

I agree. Impeach him or shut up. If you've been voting for the Ds or the Rs you are part of the whole problem.

• Like 2

No such political will to impeach him. Everyone gets older and wastes their lives away all whiny and wrinkly-faced about Obama, and Obama retires on schedule and the daily bipartisan grind drags ever on.

I voted for Ron Paul and he was an R but I excuse myself from blame. I had to use pumice to wash the Republican smell off my hands after Ron Paul's campaign ended tho. D and R are so grimy and very difficult to clean off your clothes, skin, the inner lining of your lungs from breathing the same air, etc.

• Like 1

This is just political grandstanding and will have zero effect on anything.

I wish these guys would just do their job and stop the obvious pandering for the next election.

How about Boner...erm...Boehner get his house to focus on things like

Jobs

Infrastructure

I could solve a huge amount of unemployment issues with one project....water management. Build reservoirs and lakes where there is too much rain and having flooding...(these impoundments will help manage the heavy rains) and then build aqueducts and viaducts to take that excess rain to the regions that don't have enough.

Solves all kinds of problems in the short and long term....

Even if the droughts are temporary and rainfall returns soon....then we have a bunch of new lakes and reservoirs for recreational use...

Win-win.

Someone elect me...I go this crap fixed.... :innocent:

If you've been voting for the Ds or the Rs you are part of the whole problem.

more like participant in the show. and if one still believes he makes a a difference by voting, that means the show got into his\her head too deep.

i think it is pointless at this point, lawsuite or impeachment would prbly take longer that he has in the office. just make sure damage he does is minimal, and wait till he goes.

more like participant in the show. and if one still believes he makes a a difference by voting, that means the show got into his\her head too deep.

Actually if everyone can be convinced not to vote for Ds and Rs, that would be a non-violent hydrogen bomb to the establishment. That would be a revolution without a war.

It's so easy for people to say "I don't like either party very much they're both part of the problem."

But when you reply: "So stop voting for them." you get nothing but crickets. People aren't going to change anything by complaining and then sitting on their hands. They have to do something.

Actually if everyone can be convinced not to vote for Ds and Rs, that would be a non-violent hydrogen bomb to the establishment. That would be a revolution without a war.

actually i remember reading something in those lines 25 or so years back, a fiction book, do not remember name or author, but the idea was the same, silent revolution, one day no one went to work, no one even left the house, stores were closed, buses\trains\planes did not ran, the country was frozen, and no violence, no one to arrest.

• Like 1

actually i remember reading something in those lines 25 or so years back, a fiction book, do not remember name or author, but the idea was the same, silent revolution, one day no one went to work, no one even left the house, stores were closed, buses\trains\planes did not ran, the country was frozen, and no violence, no one to arrest.

These days there would be a lot of arrests unless the coppers also revolted.

And tonnes of folks would get the sack.

No one with a family to support could risk it.

Wow that is too cool for school