Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever come across real evil?

acute

I was reminded today of an experience I had many years ago, that I found disturbing yet fascinating.

I boarded a bus, and walked down the aisle as normal, and I was immediately aware of a fellow passenger who filled me with absolute terror. As I walked past him, it was like walking past an open freezer door.

I sat at the back of the bus, constantly in 'fight or flight' mode, and close to vomiting. I was hoping that nothing was about to happen, and fortunately it didn't. He got off the bus a few stops down, and the atmosphere subsided.

It was the most frightening few minutes of my life, and an overwhelming feeling of being in the presence of real evil.

• Like 3

He just filled me with terror. A gut instinct. I felt it before I saw him, so I only glanced in his direction. After I passed him, I kept my head down to not attract attention.

• Like 2

I didn't notice anything strange about his appearance, but I didn't exactly stand and stare! I got away from him as quickly as I could.

i know the feeling you describe very well. i sense it in some form or to some degree whenever i'm around people.

however there was one individual that made me almost vomit with that awful feeling. it was a guy my friend was dating, and although he tried to be civil etc i could taste his negativity and hatred. it was like a mouth full of copper.

I was reminded today of an experience I had many years ago, that I found disturbing yet fascinating.

I boarded a bus, and walked down the aisle as normal, and I was immediately aware of a fellow passenger who filled me with absolute terror. As I walked past him, it was like walking past an open freezer door.

I sat at the back of the bus, constantly in 'fight or flight' mode, and close to vomiting. I was hoping that nothing was about to happen, and fortunately it didn't. He got off the bus a few stops down, and the atmosphere subsided.

It was the most frightening few minutes of my life, and an overwhelming feeling of being in the presence of real evil.

That is very interesting...

I had a similar experiance, a shared one believe it or not that occured quite a few years ago..

A small group of men, 4 or 5 came into a Bar I was in. And instantly I knew something was not right with them. It wasn't fear that I felt, more, dread, trepidation... They sat away from everyone and barely spoke a word among themselves.. The whole mood of the Bar seemed to drop while they were there (for barely 5 minutes). I think everyone else who was there picked up on something evil about them. They dragged the atmosphere down for some reason.

In the end one of them raised his glass and said, "oh well, let's go do this thing" then they all drank up and left..

As soon as they were gone just about everyone, apart from one or two of us turned to each other and started talking about "How weird they were" and "There was something wrong with that lot" and "Something dodgy about them."

I've often wondered what that was all about. And this thread has reminded me of it..

I kind of wondered at the time if they were going to do something very evil.. And wonder if this man you met on the bus was about to do the same.. Perhaps you picked up on his "intentions" ?

That is very interesting...

.. Perhaps you picked up on his "intentions" ?

Yes, I could have picked up on his intentions, rather than his past.

I have been around people before that were suppose to be upstanding citizens and I would pick up stuff off of them that made me sick.

There is a homeless man I've seen around my home lately that looks like one of those bruisers in the battle at the start of Gangs of New York. Not only is he scary looking and smells so sharp that he makes your eyes water, but he just has a very hostile aura. You can feel him before you see or smell him.

Hello. :)

I'm new here. Well kind of. I've been lurking around just reading posts and keeping the comments to myself.

And yep, I must agree with the OP and some of the replies as to how that feels.

Aside from the fact that me myself could also probably give off that uara of what I am feeling at the moment without even uttering a word. My friends tell me that they can tell how I am feeling even if I smile and talk normally. As they are able to sense that emotion I am giving off.

I'm not sure how to explain all these stuff that we've experienced before, but it probably has something to do with the electrical energy that we humans give off.

I have no support whatsoever as to if these claims are true. But yep, that's what keeps the mystery alive. :)

Have a nice day everyone.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM, zeunara.

There are many ways to 'read' people. We all give off body language, and display 'micro-expressions' that we have no control over. A famous example is former president Bill Clinton momentarily frowning while denying a sexual encounter with Monica Lewinsky. It is regarded by psychologists as a sign of insincerity.

Also, I believe that we have evolved to be able to judge compatibility with someone by their face alone (What I call the 'pub test'). Imagine being in a crowded bar. There are people you are drawn to, and people you avoid, just by seeing their faces. Maybe the phrase 'The eyes are the gateway to the soul' is true! Or do we read a person's aura?

What makes my experience memorable for me, is that I didn't judge this man based on his appearance. I felt the problem before I saw him.

• Like 1

I see... Well I guess it's beyond the psychological aspect of what you've experienced. There probably are things that will keep us baffled for ages.

One thing is for sure though, you did a good job on being level headed and remaining vigilant. :)

There is a homeless man I've seen around my home lately that looks like one of those bruisers in the battle at the start of Gangs of New York. Not only is he scary looking and smells so sharp that he makes your eyes water, but he just has a very hostile aura. You can feel him before you see or smell him.

The homeless man may be or seem to be hostile due to the lifestyle/life he has/lead's, and also due to people judging him and disrespecting him in some way or other (some people throw stuff and various other thing's at homeless people and treat them worse than some animal's get treated)

I know for a fact I would NOT like to have to lead/live his life or any other homeless person's life

@ original OP

There was once that I encountered a blob of black mist/smoke (is the only way I can describe it) that filled me with dread, and it is the only encounter that I have had with anything paranormal (I have had a few) that s**t me up and made me feel real uneasy, it is not a feeling that I want to encounter again, it (whatever it was) felt really evil/demonic in nature

In the past there has been time's that I have sensed (if You call it that) something that is not right/something wrong with certain people, and somehow know that they do not have good intention's, this has only happened a few time's so far

There has been twice that I got to hear of thing's they did (once a few day's after and once a few week's later, the other one's I never heard anything of them possibly due to moving house), that would fit in with the uneasy feeling I had about them, there is in my opinion people that are or seem to be evil in nature

I work with a lot of people and I teach self defense, you should listen to those impressions. They are there for a reason.

I get the feeling when I see certain politicians.... <_<

I get it for both people and places. If the feeling is especially strong ,I get nauseous

Oh, yes...

One day, I was at the square in my town, the car was parked next to a tattoo shop. I was sitting in the car with my mother, and a guy walked out. I think he worked there. I could not turn my head away from him for some reason. He just stared back at me. His eyes were a mixture of emptiness and just...something real dangerous. I got very warm and I started shaking, and I almost felt like i was going to vomit. I couldn't move either. My mother was telling me some story, and I had to interrupt her and ask her if we could just please leave right now. I was terrified. I hate that feeling.

Hello everybody! I live near the infamous tiny hamlet of Borley in Suffolk,England.The Rectory is,of course,defunct,but the Church and the entire nexus and area is still odd and sometimes profoundly disturbing.I have had several frankly terrifying experiences,especially near the Church,and once encountered a presence,a force of astoundingly evil power.My then fiancee never recovered from this experience.My sister utterly refuses to go near the area Please BELIEVE me this place is NOT to be taken lightly.I am very wary of Borley.I assure you with all my heart that I am being serious and truthful.PLEASE be careful and pray if you go there. Love and Light Bib

Interesting that all these "evil" presences left the storyteller able to report their experience ! Real evil would be less forebearing, imo.

Dear Habitat,your comment is facile and insulting.My fiancee died as a result of our horrible encounter.I am still in great trouble.Is that " evil" enough for you? Watch your lip, Bib.

You had several terrifying experiences near the church ? Why didn't you avoid the place ? Maybe you should elaborate on this "astoundingly evil power".

Habitat,I was young and very stupid,and maybe you still are,but your rationalism is valid,i concede.Anyway I assure you these appalling possibly interdimensional encounters are not to be ridiculed.I hope it never happens to you! Anyway,if you come to England,DON'T GO TO BORLEY! I wish you well.G' Day.

Habitat,I was young and very stupid,and maybe you still are,but your rationalism is valid,i concede.Anyway I assure you these appalling possibly interdimensional encounters are not to be ridiculed.I hope it never happens to you! Anyway,if you come to England,DON'T GO TO BORLEY! I wish you well.G' Day.

I'm just middle-aged and stupid ! :D

G' Day Habitat I too am ancient now,and much more stupid but less arrogant,I hope! I play Classical Guitar for a "living" . BUT I reiterate,Iost the only love of my life at that damned Borley place. Hay Ho . Anyway keep in touch tiny planet terrifying dimensions.