Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 the coming Jihad

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

England and Scotland are nations, Wales is a principality and Northern Ireland is a province. But...we all belong to the Sovereign State of the UK and apart from in some sports do not act as independant countries.

#17    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Back on topic...where do Athiests, Hindus and Buddhists etc come into your scenario?  They make up a fair proportion of the worlds population.

I also don't see how even united muslim countries can be world nuclear threat. They don't have the hardware to threaten the US, China and Russia.

#18    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 7,939 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

View PostEldorado, on 19 July 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

England and Scotland are nations, Wales is a principality and Northern Ireland is a province. But...we all belong to the Sovereign State of the UK and apart from in some sports do not act as independant countries.

The Kingdom of England, The Kingdom of Scotland, Principality of Wales and Province Of N.Ireland. i like the use of the word Kingdom of Scotland. sends a shiver up ye kilt all the way up to your porridge oats vest. .

but on topic, Jihad is on its way no doubt about it, but fear not ladies, Christendom wins. how do i know, well there is no Moslems in  star trek.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#19    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

View PostAlladar, on 18 July 2010 - 12:34 PM, said:

I am sure there was a planetary alignment for 2012.
Astronomers are giving various suggestions about the planetary alignment 2012. They are speculating the planets to be in a row close to each other. If you look down on the solar system you can see the heavenly bodies in a straight line.

Read more: http://www.articlesb...l#ixzz0u2LIwydq
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Below is a link to an image from the JPL online solar system simulator for December 21 2012  
http://space.jpl.nasa.gov/

As you can see the outer planets are no where near alignment

http://space.jpl.nas...orbs=1&showsc=1

Edited by digitalartist, 19 July 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#20    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

I don't know about others but I don't worship the sun and stars. Think I'd notice if I was.

Also are there enough hardcore Jews and Christians to have a big religious war? Right now if a call was made for a Crusade the vast majority of Christians would laugh it off.

Edited by Corp, 19 July 2010 - 05:20 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#21    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostCorp, on 19 July 2010 - 05:18 PM, said:

I don't know about others but I don't worship the sun and stars. Think I'd notice if I was.

Also are there enough hardcore Jews and Christians to have a big religious war? Right now if a call was made for a Crusade the vast majority of Christians would laugh it off.

Very true!

#22    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostPower Lust, on 18 July 2010 - 11:32 AM, said:

Now that is a huge problem because the bible also tells you in revelations that the 2nd coming will take place only after New Babylon has been damaged, rebuilt and then utterly destroyed. I think this refers to New York. I also suspect as all religions want what they see as the messiah to be born again (galactic alignment in 2012) that event must occur either before or at the very latest on 21/12/2012. As such I believe New York is about to be the victim of a nuclear attack and all religions are currently playing games in the Middle East to bring about those events.
Personally, I don't think that anything is going to happen on 21 December 2012. It's going to be a great big nothing just like the turning of the millennium.

And, as a New Yorker, 9/11 was bad enough thank you very much.  Please don't add to our grief.

P.S. Sadam Hussein was busy rebuilding Bablyon before Gulf War II. What does that mean for your theory? Perhaps the Bablyon mentioned in Revelations really is the Babylon in Iraq - not just a figurative Bablyon.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#23    pixiii

pixiii

Psychic Spy

• 2,039 posts

• Patefacio vestri mens quod praesumo somnio...
    Open your mind and dare to dream...

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

View PostPower Lust, on 19 July 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

We are not one country and never have been.

I am as surprised as you are that a person living in one of the home nations (Scotland) thinks Scotland isnt a country. lol.

LOL I was thinking of the UK in the way of it being Scotland, England, Ireland etc and how they compete against each other in the Commonwealth Games. :lol:

#24    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

Oh dear, here we go again for another round of facts and fiction. I can tell everybody got the fiction, here come the facts.

Planetary alignments (in astronomy called 'conjunctions') excite the public, and raise inevitable questions in their minds. Believers in various mystical systems use alignments as evidence for their own beliefs, so many astronomers are at a loss to explain why the mystics are wrong.

Remember the Harmonic Convergence in 1987? That was supposed to be a Mayan/Planetary Alignment too and promoted by Jose Arguelles. There was a spectacular alignment in May of 2000, which raised all kinds of weird end of the world theories. "The Great Shift" it was called at the time.

First of all, alignments where the five naked-eye planets cluster together in the sky within a circle 25 degrees or less in diameter once every 57 years, on average. There was one in in 1962, there was another in 2000. They are fairly common. The next time it will happen is September 8, 2040. The 2040 grouping will include Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and the crescent Moon.

There aren’t any ‘alignments’, except for the normal conjunctions that happen every year, in 2012. For a good page on what exactly is meant by alignments, take a look at this page by Dr. Donald Luttermoser at East Tennessee State University.

You want to know a particular date and what the sky looks like? Go here and take a good hard look, on Nasa's own simulator.

The "Dark Rift" or "Great Rift" or "Milky Way Rift" is not actually a 'rift' at all. It is a series of overlapping dust and molecular gas clouds that are positioned between our solar system and the nuclear bulge of the galaxy. These clouds block the light from that portion of the milky way, and cause it to appear as if the Milky Way is divided into two roughly equal sections above and below them. These clouds (or 'dark nebulae') are several thousand light years distant, and almost completely obscure the central portion of the galaxy from our view.

Our view of the area behind the Dark Rift is only blocked in certain wavelengths. In other wavelengths (e.g., infrared or X-Ray) of light we can actually see through the clouds to the other side. This is how astronomers were able to plot the motions of the stars in the galactic core, and deduce the existence of a 4-Million solar mass black hole in that region. So the region beyond the dark rift is not unknown to science at all. In fact, science has a pretty good idea of what is on the other side of the dark rift.

A perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy is not possible. In the case of the black hole, this is even more significant since the claims of a perfect alignment are central to the various claims made about this event. The point in the sky at which the galactic latitude and longitude are both zero is 17h 45m 37.224s −28° 56′ 10.23″ (J2000). This is offset slightly from the radio source Sagittarius A*, which is the best physical marker of the true galactic center. Sagittarius A* is located at 17h 45m 40.04s −29° 00′ 28.1″ (J2000), or galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.5″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.3″. On 12/21/2012 at 11:11 UT, the sun will be centered on 18h 00m 00s -23° 26′ 09″. Therefore, the sun will not occlude the galactic black hole.

And it is not proven that the Maya had any particular significance given to the "dark Rift" at all, actually whether the dark rift was or not significant to the ancient Maya remains a topic of contention between John Major Jenkins (who originated the idea) and the rest of the Mayanist scholars.

View PostPower Lust, on 19 July 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

You are wrong and have no understanding of where religions come from.

Your ancestors used to worship the sun. They celebrated summer solistice, winter solistice and numerous other ceremonies. When Christ came along the Romans merged their version of these beliefs with the Christ cult but, and this is important, the traditions remain.

Modern religion isnt as real as you think it is you are worshipping the sun and stars. All thats happened is we have taken the latest round of religious figures and used their characters instead of the sun and stars.

PowerLust, solar deities and sun worship can be found throughout most of recorded history in various forms. Hence, many beliefs have formed around this worship, such as the "missing sun" found in many cultures. But saying that "when Christ came along they just merged", shows exactly who does not have an understanding of where religion comes from and how it evolved.

Traditions of cults that were absorbed, by Judaism, Christianity or Islam, were either rooted out, or vilified. Some rare ones, actually remained under a different guise. In essence though, no Abrahamic faith is in fact a sun worship. That view is a naive and simplistic one at best.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#25    daavin

daavin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• nothing witty, nothing profound... just me.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:28 AM

View PostPower Lust, on 19 July 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

You are wrong and have no understanding of where religions come from.

Your ancestors used to worship the sun. They celebrated summer solistice, winter solistice and numerous other ceremonies. When Christ came along the Romans merged their version o

Modern religion isnt as real as you think it is you are worshipping the sun and stars. All thats happened is we have taken the latest round of religious figures and used their characters instead of the sun and stars.
I have a degree in theology I think I have a very good understanding.

Actually Christianity moved certain dates to coincide with pagan holidays in order to assimilate them easily into there religion.... try doing some research.

I don't worship the sun or the moon I actually follow no modern religion, religions were created by man...faith comes from God.

Edited by daavin, 21 July 2010 - 01:31 AM.

I spy with my little eye something that starts with come here and ends with OUCH
                                                   Black Adder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users