Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama’s Elmo O.J. Simpson joke

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Here's some more from another source:

http://politic365.co...ed-up-the-most/

Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.
Even President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was in office 12 years from 1933 to 1945, was on vacation less days than President Bush at 958 days.  Calls to several Presidential Libraries reveal that no President can come close to Bush’s 1,020 days on vacation in an 8 year period.  Even Lyndon Johnson, who spent 484 days at his ranch in Texas and at Camp David during his presidency, came in under Bush’s vacation time.  Some claim the cost of Bush’s frequenttrips to Crawford, Texas cost taxpayers upwards of $20 million, but the numbers are hard to confirm.
A recession started in 2001 as Bush took office after 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Administration from 1993 to 2000.  Bush began wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and presided over the loss of 4 million jobs.  The debt when Bush left office was $10.6 trillion.  In 2005, the Washington Post noted President Bush’s frequent vacations in a piece titled Vacationing Bush Poised to Set a Record as Bush took the longest single vacation — 5 weeks — of any President in 36 years.

Now, this is not to bash bush. I think that a presidential "vacation" isn't really a "vacation" in some senses of the word. But you claimed he was the laziest president, and if you are using "vacations" as part of that determination, you should give that honer to someone else.

#17    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,775 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostMerc14, on 10 October 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I can read the guys daily schedule on-line and it is ridiculously light.  I can count how many games of golf he has played and have paid for his and his wife's countless vacations.  I can read what legislators say about the man and his working hours, or lak thereof.  I also know that he has held more fundraisers and done more campaigning than any president in history.   When you are on the stump, partying with snoop and JZ, visiting the view and talking to Jay you ain't working on the innumerable problems this country is suffering with.

How does that sit with you? ^_^
Sits pretty well. More campaigning in the history of any president you say? Does thar sound lazy? Seems to me that more would have been done if the Republicans didn't say I don't care if its a great idea or not if the president wants it to go through we will act like preschoolers and keep saying no not mine no no no I don't want to. So really if he has time to spare I think its due to Congress giving him all the time in the world. Ho about the Republicans representing their constituents instead of an ideal and get something done on capital hill.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#18    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,183 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 10 October 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

You're going to have to show some data to support that. If you choose to do so in amount of money raised, you'll have to show a comparison in today's dollars, as well as the relation to the amount of money raised by romney and the past presidents vs. their challengers. otherwise your personal observations mean little.

Here are a couple:
http://washingtonexa...71#.UHYI64bwOSo
http://abcnews.go.co...or-fundraisers/

You can check out his daily schedules on your own here http://www.whitehous...edule/president

Edited by Merc14, 10 October 2012 - 11:52 PM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#19    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 10 October 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Sits pretty well. More campaigning in the history of any president you say? Does thar sound lazy?

No it's fine, there isn't much going on in the world that he should be working on. :hmm:   At least we have shamed the bum into finally attending his daily intelligence briefings.  Maybe if he had been doing so before, Benghazi wouldn't have happened.

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 10 October 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Seems to me that more would have been done if the Republicans didn't say I don't care if its a great idea or not if the president wants it to go through we will act like preschoolers and keep saying no not mine no no no I don't want to. So really if he has time to spare I think its due to Congress giving him all the time in the world. Ho about the Republicans representing their constituents instead of an ideal and get something done on capital hill.

Now you are just getting silly.  I always laugh at you guys when you whine about this.  You act as if no president has ever had a hostile congress before poor, lazy Barry. Barry's biggest problem is he is unwilling to compromise with anyone on either side of the aisle.

Edited by Merc14, 11 October 2012 - 12:02 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#20    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,775 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostMerc14, on 11 October 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

No it's fine, there isn't much going on in the world that he should be working on. :hmm:   At least we have shamed the bum into finally attending his daily intelligence briefings.  Maybe if he had been doing so before, Benghazi wouldn't have happened.

Now you are just getting silly.  I always laugh at you guys when you whine about this.  You act as if no president has ever had a hostile congress before poor, lazy Barry.    Barry's biggest problem is he is unwilling to compromise with anyone on either side of the aisle.
You say I'm silly but this is the worst Congress I have personally seen in my lifetime. Obama has compromised to the point of basically offering a Republican budget which was still turned down only because Obama offered it. Its childish. These people need to represent the people and the people want decisions made is that too much to want is for a person to do the best job they can selflessly? This isn't about red or blue its about people and we need to work towards a common goal. Do you deny that the Republicans said thar no matter what we will not pass anything Obama presents?

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 11 October 2012 - 12:12 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#21    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 11 October 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

You say I'm silly but this is the worst Congress I have personally seen in my lifetime. Obama has compromised to the point of basically offering a Republican budget which was still turned down only because Obama offered it. Its childish.

I have no idea how old you are so this is a meaning less statement but please show me where Obama took Boehner's budget, put his name on it and handed it back to Boehner who subsequently squashed it.

BTW, this congress has backed down several times on raising the debt ceiling, something they should not have done.

Edited by Merc14, 11 October 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#22    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostMerc14, on 11 October 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

BTW, this congress has backed down several times on raising the debt ceiling, something they should not have done.

because paying your outstanding bills is a bad thing? You're ridiculous.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#23    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

View Postninjadude, on 11 October 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

because paying your outstanding bills is a bad thing? You're ridiculous.

No, you're ridiculous because I am sure you were jumping up and down when candidate Obama called Bush unpatriotic for adding $4t to the debt during his 8 years (I actually agreed with Barry on that) and call me ridiculous when I say the congress should not have allowed Barry to add $5T in 4 years (or is it $6T now, not sure).  That is ridiculous and don't tel me you weren't cheering that condemnation. I certainly was.

#24    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

First let me say yes I voted for Obama, however I think that he has been a disappointing president. In fairness though what you have pointed out doesn't mean much if anything.

Just because he may not attend a physical meeting to be breifed does not mean he does not read the intel breifing. Maybe he feels he doesn't need to be spoon fed the information and that if he has questions about something he can contact the right people to get the answer that is what phones are for right?

Now you are just getting silly.  I always laugh at you guys when you whine about this.  You act as if no president has ever had a hostile congress before poor, lazy Barry. Barry's biggest problem is he is unwilling to compromise with anyone on either side of the aisle.

This is like the pot calling the kettle Black. This congress is about as willing to bend and compromise with Obama as Isreal is to pulling out of the Gaza strip and giving them thier own country. They may have compromised with the debt ceiling but that isn't much of a concession since if it had not have happened it could have made thing fiscally worse for our debt. Every president since 1939 (except Truman) has raised the Debt ceiling. Heck the Republic poster boy Reagan did it 18 times so I can't see that as a huge concession on the congresses part.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#25    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostGrey14, on 11 October 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

This is like the pot calling the kettle Black. This congress is about as willing to bend and compromise with Obama as Isreal is to pulling out of the Gaza strip and giving them thier own country. They may have compromised with the debt ceiling but that isn't much of a concession since if it had not have happened it could have made thing fiscally worse for our debt. Every president since 1939 (except Truman) has raised the Debt ceiling. Heck the Republic poster boy Reagan did it 18 times so I can't see that as a huge concession on the congresses part.

Obama was responsible for the collapse of the budget talks with John Boehner. Ironically it's because he was executing a ploy to to make himself look like the one willing to compromise against the obstinate Republicans, and his plan backfired. Always with him its politics first, re-election first, his fiscal responsibility to America comes second. Read here:

http://www.washingto...yfJS_story.html

Others may have increased the deficit in the past but none to the degree Obama has.

Edited by Vein Capital, 11 October 2012 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

First let me say yes I voted for Obama, however I think that he has been a disappointing president. In fairness though what you have pointed out doesn't mean much if anything.

Just because he may not attend a physical meeting to be breifed does not mean he does not read the intel breifing. Maybe he feels he doesn't need to be spoon fed the information and that if he has questions about something he can contact the right people to get the answer that is what phones are for right?

Have you ever sat in on an intelligence briefing.  I have and it is much more detailed than the writeup, plus you get a better feelfor what is really going in in the area.  Absolutely critical, especially when things are changing fast.

No other president has had the credit rating of the US downgraded twice either.  No other president has not passed a budget in the 4 years he served as president.  No other president has has been as reckless with borrowing as this one.   The constitution was designed to make government hard to deal with because they didn't want things swinging radically back and forth every four years.  Conflict is designed in so that the oppposing parties must learn to compromise or the legislation rots.  Obamacare should never have been passed.  They broke their own rules to make it happen and that must stop/.  65% of people polled don't want Obama care but they passed it anyways.  That is why 2010 was so devastating and I think the crushing of the democrat party will continue this November.

#27    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostMerc14, on 11 October 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

No, you're ridiculous because I am sure you were jumping up and down when candidate Obama called Bush unpatriotic for adding $4t to the debt during his 8 years (I actually agreed with Barry on that) and call me ridiculous when I say the congress should not have allowed Barry to add $5T in 4 years (or is it $6T now, not sure).  That is ridiculous and don't tel me you weren't cheering that condemnation. I certainly was.

None of any of that has to do with extending the Debt Ceiling. An artificial construct created by congress that has no purpose other than political. Debts were already incurred. Nice way to avoid what you actually said.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#28    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostMerc14, on 11 October 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

No other president has not passed a budget in the 4 years he served as president.

Amongst other things, I've shown this to be a complete lie.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#29    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

No other president has had the credit rating of the US downgraded twice either.  No other president has not passed a budget in the 4 years he served as president.  No other president has has been as reckless with borrowing as this one.   The constitution was designed to make government hard to deal with because they didn't want things swinging radically back and forth every four years.  Conflict is designed in so that the oppposing parties must learn to compromise or the legislation rots.  Obamacare should never have been passed.  They broke their own rules to make it happen and that must stop/.  65% of people polled don't want Obama care but they passed it anyways.  That is why 2010 was so devastating and I think the crushing of the democrat party will continue this November.

Every sentence of the above is a half truth.

For instance, the first one:

No other president has had the credit rating of the US downgraded twice either.

This is true. But no other president has had congress refuse to raise the debt ceiling, and the last president, GWB, congress voted to raise the debt ceiling NINETEEN times.
The republican held congress suddenly had a problem when a democrat wanted to raise it, and they held the gov't hostage, in essence, until they got some things they wanted. The result was the credit downgrade.

The other things quoted above are also half truths in the same vein, but I don't have time to elaborate on each one. Perhaps someone else will?

#30    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postninjadude, on 11 October 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Amongst other things, I've shown this to be a complete lie.

No, you argued passing a continuing resolution was the same thing as passing a budget and that is one of the most absurd things you have argued here.
It shows the shallowness of the arguments you are being forced to make in defense of this man.

Aren't you embarrasssed in the least about stooping to this level?  You seem like anuintelligent person yet you trot out these absurd defenses of Obama.  Why?  He is a politician with an agenda and will in all likelihood be gone in a couple months yet you continue to bow down and except the most egregious behavior from him.  Do you see him as other than president, a prophet of some kind perhaps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users