Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea Nuke Test Has Occurred

HoboMoo

www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/usgs-magnitude-49-earthquake-has-been-detected-in-nkorea-no-word-on-if-its-from-nuke-test/2013/02/11/6b05cfde-74c4-11e2-9889-60bfcbb02149_story.html

Not confirmed, but earthquake was recorded

Edited by HoboMoo

Well... considering that the epicentre of the "quake" is in the mountains about a mile or so north-ish from a "Nuclear Test Facility" on the aptly named "Nuclear Test Road", I'd say the chances are pretty solid that it was a test blast...

Check it in Google Maps... click the link below and then zoom in a bit...

https://maps.google....,2&f=d&t=h&hl=e

Cz

Edited by Czero 101

And tomorrow's news from the crater formerly called North Korea will be?

As much as I find humour in North Korea's petty threats, I found that recent YouTube video that was created by the NK gov't to be rather unnerving. I do not fear them launching a missile towards the United States as I fear them launching a missile on one of their allies...

As much as I find humour in North Korea's petty threats, I found that recent YouTube video that was created by the NK gov't to be rather unnerving. I do not fear them launching a missile towards the United States as I fear them launching a missile on one of their allies...

What. A Korean false flag to sucker the Russians and the Chinese into action. It would be way to easy to find out were the nuke came from. Each nuke has what one could call a fingerprint.

• Like 1

Heres some geological-kiloton comparison for those number crunchers. This being from there 2006 test.

An early report by the Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (South Korea) said the blast was equivalent to an earthquake registering 3.58 on the Richter scale,[21] which corresponds to the explosion of 100 tons of TNT. This was later revised to at least 800 tons,[22] corresponding to a blast wave of 4.2. The U.S. Geological Survey also estimates the blast wave at 4.2.[23] (Note that 4.2 is considerably more powerful than 3.58 because the Richter scale is a logarithmic scale.)

According to Jane's Defence Weekly, "initial and unconfirmed South Korean reports indicate that the test was a fission device with a yield of 0.55 kT ... The figure of 0.55 kT, however, seems too low given the 4.2 register on the Richter scale. This could suggest – depending upon the geological make-up of the test site – a yield of 2–12 kT."[24]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_North_Korean_nuclear_test

7 Kilotons is the updated (3am DST ) advisory. How exactly does one create a "false flag" within a test facility and have the NK government admit to the test? The DPRK is becoming a real pain in the back side and may have to be dealt with. Either fought or bought off. They put a "satellite" into space. That means they have the capacity to throw a certain amount of weight to most any spot on earth once they figure out how to have it re enter properly - at least I THINK that's how it works. They stressed in this announcement that the device was "miniturized and lighter" obviously implying a threat against someone with a ballistic missile delivery. That, coupled with the lovely video of New York destroyed is a BIT of a provocation, no? Or is that a false flag also?

That means they have the capacity to throw a certain amount of weight to most any spot on earth once they figure out how to have it re enter properly

A large step from up and down tech NK is currently using. They have the capability of firing a medium range scud at this point. Not to say thats not extremely dangerous there neighbors. But America not so much. We would know long before it entered rentry stage wear it was headed and have many systems in place to counter such a threat. SK..not so much. There the victims in this chessgame.

That, coupled with the lovely video of New York destroyed is a BIT of a provocation, no? Or is that a false flag also?

Again the West Coast would be the easier target for them to reach which is our larger portion of the missile defense system run by USA. Most of the European stuff is run by European command or by US bases in Europe. Very unlikely anything could make it through sub orbital or orbital. Just think of the Navy resources available to counter as well the systematic annihilation NK would get if such an attempt were made anywhere on the globe and doubt many sadfaces would appear if such were to happen even from China. South Korea remains the most threatened as well as Japan from a medium ranged scud nuke at this point IMO. And that might have become a test or 2 away from reality. We put Big Boy and Little Boy into operation after only a couple tries to weaponize it so theres a good chance they may have successfully just weaponized there nukes. But at 54KT thats a big one for sure. Hiroshima was 16KT. I would expect a pretty harsh reaction from the world community and this is far from anything Iran is doing.

edit my math is wrong they are still under Hiroshima in KT level being estimated at 2-12KT for real not..Saw 0.55 and ran with it. My bad

"Trinity" test on 16 July 1945, was the first-ever test of a nuclear weapon (yield of around 20 kt)

Edited by AsteroidX

The hell? They said they were going nuke the US. Once again you tease us Best Korea!

I think the biggest take away on this test is how p***ed off China seems to be. I mean I'm sure they've taken the Norks to task privately several times but this time they publically condemned the North and openly stated they brought in their ambassador to give them hell. Seems like China is getting tired of North Korea's crap. Wonder if they might took to take more direct action.

• Like 1

Woah guys! Everyone knows that the UN hates Israel with a passion and thi-

Wait...

North Korea?

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

GASP! How dare they not listen to the fair and benevolent World Community! Quick! Let's throw more sanctions on them so they won't listen more quickly! Smooth as asbestos...

• Like 1

"IF" I read correctly on the news reports, NK wants to forcibly unify SK under an NK umbrella to a single Korean country.

Including the destruction of SK and American forces in that region resisting such measures.

Who know's with those whacked-out, opium smoking leaders of NK.

They seem to change their public info like a tornado from one day to the next.

Kid's around the world... don't use opium.

• Like 1

"IF" I read correctly on the news reports, NK wants to forcibly unify SK under an NK umbrella to a single Korean country.

That is part of the Best Korea rhetoric just after we will destroy America with our Nuclear bombs. So yeah Id say the Korean War is heating up again. Why weve let it develop into the nuclear age I have no clue.

• Like 1

That is part of the Best Korea rhetoric just after we will destroy America with our Nuclear bombs. So yeah Id say the Korean War is heating up again. Why weve let it develop into the nuclear age I have no clue.

Millions of brainwashed and starving people no one wants to deal with. And China has always protected the North from any real threats or interference, though they might be having second thoughts these days. So unless we wanted to throw down with China there's not much we could do.

They seem to be in full tantrum mode :w00t: So we've got the fat kid and the mummified military leaders fresh from their sarcophagi and they WANT !!

Let China feed them and give them aid - NK is their dog not ours. If they actually try to break bad then destroy them. No one would cry much.

Millions of brainwashed and starving people no one wants to deal with. And China has always protected the North from any real threats or interference, though they might be having second thoughts these days. So unless we wanted to throw down with China there's not much we could do

I appreciate your comment corp. My personal opinion is the USA and China/Russia will never go to war over Korea. But that cold war philosophy is why we are where we are today.

http://news.yahoo.co...-002352616.html

some say Earthquake some say we tested one of our own stock of nukes to ensure there in working order. This was in the vicinity of Area 51.

No known fault according to this source.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

The hell? They said they were going nuke the US. Once again you tease us Best Korea!

I think the biggest take away on this test is how p***ed off China seems to be. I mean I'm sure they've taken the Norks to task privately several times but this time they publically condemned the North and openly stated they brought in their ambassador to give them hell. Seems like China is getting tired of North Korea's crap. Wonder if they might took to take more direct action.

Sems hypocritical as they refuse to sign the NTBT as well.

But I guess that Chagan proved it is just a gesture really. Seems a shame as it stopped interesting projects, whilst certain individuals just thumb their collective noses at the entire concept anyway.

Edited by psyche101

I read that fault lines and plates had activity . Not necessarily an EQ .

China is seriously not amused ,and has demanded NKs diplomat come into the central govt for questioning .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Our own detonation today in Nevada near area 51 struck 17miles into the Earth causing seismic activity in a decent sized area around the original detonation. We are not innocent today of non proliferation unfortunately.

It has likely been our stance to respond in this fashion since the cold war era. Best Korea must have hit something tech wise with this one. All the Radiation probes are out in the Far east looking for the signature. Which btw they were able to hide in 2009 by sealing the tunnel well enough.

This one is gonna come back hot Im guessing. Or more of the same as secrecy seems to be North Koreas gig.

We should drop some food parcels on these pesky Koreans... let them know we mean business. (in my humble opinion)

• Like 1

Our own detonation today in Nevada near area 51 struck 17miles into the Earth causing seismic activity in a decent sized area around the original detonation. We are not innocent today of non proliferation unfortunately.

It has likely been our stance to respond in this fashion since the cold war era. Best Korea must have hit something tech wise with this one. All the Radiation probes are out in the Far east looking for the signature. Which btw they were able to hide in 2009 by sealing the tunnel well enough.

This one is gonna come back hot Im guessing. Or more of the same as secrecy seems to be North Koreas gig.

I missed this test, do you have a link please?

Scroll up a few posts. The RSOE quakes are staring to go away as it was yesterday.