Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Phoenix Lights revisited

ufo alien phoenix

• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#391    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,384 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

The last 8 posts have nothing to do with the topic - how about less baiting before it goes further, and get back on topic. :tu:

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#392    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 13 October 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

The last 8 posts have nothing to do with the topic - how about less baiting before it goes further, and get back on topic. :tu:

Agreed.  :)

#393    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,007 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Fair enough! :tu:

#394    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

View PostbooNyzarC, on 13 October 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Dr. Lynne Kitei had been photographing and filming these flares for years, and she still doesn't believe they are flares even to this day.

This is absurd.  Do you honestly believe and think she isn't intelligent enough to know when she's seeing flares?  She is a resident of Phoenix, a medical doctor and a very intelligent and credible person. Your statement is ridiculous. .

View PostbooNyzarC, on 13 October 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Something strange did happen that night.  I don't think I've ever said otherwise.  I think the only difference here is that I'm willing to accept that something out of the ordinary could still have a fully terrestrial explanation, and that so far there is no compelling evidence in support of the idea that the strangeness of the night was in any way other worldly.

And I'm willing to accept the fact that some people might have seen the flares that night and reported them as a UFOs.  As you keep pointing out there were two events that night and the plane theory for the earlier event probably makes even less sense than the flares and being confused for a not of this earth UFO.

#395    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

One thing I have yet to see in this thread, or any other Phoenix lights thread for that matter, is where is the evidence that any of this was in fact ET? All I've seen is words to that effect without even the least bit of substantiation. Where is the evidence to show that this event (either of them) was from an otherworldly source?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#396    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 13 October 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

This is absurd.  Do you honestly believe and think she isn't intelligent enough to know when she's seeing flares?  She is a resident of Phoenix, a medical doctor and a very intelligent and credible person. Your statement is ridiculous. .

So what are her credentials that would give her insight into military training and the subsequent use and/or aerial disposal of illumination flares, exactly?

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#397    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 13 October 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

One thing I have yet to see in this thread, or any other Phoenix lights thread for that matter, is where is the evidence that any of this was in fact ET? All I've seen is words to that effect without even the least bit of substantiation. Where is the evidence to show that this event (either of them) was from an otherworldly source?

Listen to the guy who actually took the famous videotape at 10 PM.

#398    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

There is nothing absurd or ridiculous about it.  She's a very intelligent lady.  I genuinely like her as a human being.  I think she has a great heart, nothing but the purest of intentions, and I fully respect her beliefs.  None of that changes the fact that much of her photography and videos are nothing more than illumination flares.  If she feels spiritually enriched by them, I hope that the BGR continues operations indefinitely in order to provide her with more inspiration and warm fuzzy feelings.  I'm not opposed to that in any way.

And I'm willing to accept the fact that some people might have seen the flares that night and reported them as a UFOs.  As you keep pointing out there were two events that night and the plane theory for the earlier event probably makes even less sense than the flares and being confused for a not of this earth UFO.

I fully understand why people are hesitant to attribute these events to something mundane, or at least I think I fully understand.  One of the biggest hesitations many people have is the impression that by suggesting such a thing you might be insulting the intelligence of the witnesses.  Although I can see how that interpretation could be made, that's not the way I see it at all.  I don't think less of any of these witnesses who were unable to identify what they saw.  Perception is an amazingly complex thing, especially when something takes us by surprise, is indistinct, and/or is only there for a fleeting time.  Intelligence has nothing to do with it.  Not any more than it has to do with being startled when someone waits for you to round a corner and says "boo!"

#399    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 13 October 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Dammit.  I think they're on to me!
When I click on that video link it says National Geographic has blocked for copyright reasons in my country.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#400    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 13 October 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

All I see in that video are people who don't agree with the flare theory, which is fine by me. What I don't see however is the evidence that the flares or the 'V' shaped object(s) were of alien origin. I'm not seeing the evidential pathway that leads from 'I don't know what that is' to 'it's from another world'.

#401    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 13 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

When I click on that video link it says National Geographic has blocked for copyright reasons in my country.

That's all going to get worse too in the years ahead.

#402    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 13 October 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

And there won't be any concrete, written in stone, absolute scientific proof that this event was an alien spacecraft.  However, instead of acknowledging that the 'proof' suggesting it was all explainable, you and people like you have automatically closed the case and in your minds.   The evidence given suggesting it was planes in the earlier sighting is not iron clad at all.  You're wanting proof positive that this event was ET related and you can't provide that same irrefutable proof that it wasn't.

#403    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 13 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

You aren't missing anything useful.  This is a clip from perhaps the worst documentary ever put together on the subject.  Larry Lowe completely misrepresents what transpired and utilizes deceptive strawman arguments throughout the whole thing.  He deserves a place on the UFO Hall of Shame for this appalling documentary.

#404    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 13 October 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

All I see in that video are people who don't agree with the flare theory, which is fine by me. What I don't see however is the evidence that the flares or the 'V' shaped object(s) were of alien origin. I'm not seeing the evidential pathway that leads from 'I don't know what that is' to 'it's from another world'.

If the thing was really as large and silent as they say, without jets, rockets, rotors or propellers, then we are by definition dealing with some more advanced, exotic or unknown technology.

If this thing was really flying around, where did it go after people stopped seeing it?  Where did it land or did it land at all?

#405    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 13 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

You aren't missing anything useful.  This is a clip from perhaps the worst documentary ever put together on the subject.  Larry Lowe completely misrepresents what transpired and utilizes deceptive strawman arguments throughout the whole thing.  He deserves a place on the UFO Hall of Shame for this appalling documentary.

Never take his word for ANYTHING.  Just watch it and judge for yourselves while ignoring the "skeptical" spin and filtering.  It's all a big smokescreen of BS anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users