Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2008 Election - voting machines working OK?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,281 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

I haven't heard much about safeguards built into the presidential election for 2008.  

This would be to avoid another debacle in the year 2000 with the Bush and Gore results,
or we will have to worry again about "hanging chads", etc.

There has been some paranoia about electronic voting and how that could be rigged by system insiders.

There are supposed to be auditors working for both major parties.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#2    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:15 PM

No s. The plural of chad is chad.

Learned that from a movie. LOL.

But I am interested in knowing what safeguards are in place, as well. When it comes to computers, they are only as reliable as their firewall.

Edited by IrishAidan, 10 September 2008 - 11:15 PM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,834 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:24 PM

IrishAidan on Sep 10 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

No s. The plural of chad is chad.

Learned that from a movie. LOL.

But I am interested in knowing what safeguards are in place, as well. When it comes to computers, they are only as reliable as their firewall.

My whole world has been turned upside down, since when can I not use a plural form of my name!  I demand verification of this strange grammar loophole!

#4    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

Those things only comes up when the Democrat don't win. For some reason they believe the ONLY reason they lose an election, is when the Rep cheats or the voting machines are defective and tampered with. rofl.gif

Edited by AROCES, 11 September 2008 - 12:41 AM.

#5    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,281 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

OK, so all the technical bugs in the system have been worked out, and we learned any lessons that needed to be learned from the 2000 election.

It's not easy sometimes for working people with young families to go out to vote.  you have to wait in line a while sometimes.
I just wanted to be sure our votes were not going to be sucked into an electronic black hole somewhere.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#6    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

snackfood on Sep 11 2008, 06:58 AM, said:

It's not easy sometimes for working people with young families to go out to vote.  you have to wait in line a while sometimes.
I just wanted to be sure our votes were not going to be sucked into an electronic black hole somewhere.

Check into voting absentee ballot.  That's what I do.  It's much more convenient for me because of my work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users