Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Keep Dreaming About Wanting To Go Home?

The_Sensual_One

For a while now I've been having reoccuring dreams about trying to call or actually calling my deceased father about coming to pick me up and take me home. The first dream I can remember was that I was at a party with some strangers and didn't wanna be there. I realized I was in Texas. I called my father and told him to come pick me up. Instead strangers on a helicopter came and told me my father sent them to pick me up. It was a male and a female. Then weeks later I was put away in a hospital for 12 days. I'm not gonna share that part but I figured that was a sign I was gonna be away from home for 12 days. It was surprising cus I really want to be home. In my apartment in my environment doing my thing and taking care of my kids. So while I was away I had another dream about my father and he rescued me from these bad guys that were trying to kill me. I escaped. Then once I got back home from the hospital I had a dream about being in a taxi with some random woman and man as the driver and the road kept having many sinkholes form and the taxi driver couldn't navigate that well and we ended up falling into a sinkhole and this woman next to me was upset and told me "See you on the other side." or something like that and I was afraid but woke up out of the dream when I told my father telepathically that I wwanted to just go home.

I'm pretty good with figuring things out but this worries me. Can anyone help?

• Like 1

For a while now I've been having reoccuring dreams about trying to call or actually calling my deceased father about coming to pick me up and take me home. The first dream I can remember was that I was at a party with some strangers and didn't wanna be there. I realized I was in Texas. I called my father and told him to come pick me up. Instead strangers on a helicopter came and told me my father sent them to pick me up. It was a male and a female. Then weeks later I was put away in a hospital for 12 days. I'm not gonna share that part but I figured that was a sign I was gonna be away from home for 12 days. It was surprising cus I really want to be home. In my apartment in my environment doing my thing and taking care of my kids. So while I was away I had another dream about my father and he rescued me from these bad guys that were trying to kill me. I escaped. Then once I got back home from the hospital I had a dream about being in a taxi with some random woman and man as the driver and the road kept having many sinkholes form and the taxi driver couldn't navigate that well and we ended up falling into a sinkhole and this woman next to me was upset and told me "See you on the other side." or something like that and I was afraid but woke up out of the dream when I told my father telepathically that I wwanted to just go home.

I'm pretty good with figuring things out but this worries me. Can anyone help?

Father? Are you maybe talking to God?

• Like 2

Sounds like you are or will soon be starting a new period of your life, is not in a major sense (moving out, starting a new job or college, etc) then some family or even just philosophical change (change in religion or worldview)? The father sounds like it is probably both literal and metaphorical, as a very strongly safe and reassuring figure.

Just FYI, I and probably a good number of readers have been "in a hospital for x days" (mine was 6 and it wasn't for a physical injury) and I'm not surprised at the types of dreams you're mentioning, given the rather chaotic episode in your life currently. I'd say that means it's a good sign that you are processing and experiencing the events fairly "normally", with these stresses, confusion and anxiety possibly manifesting in these dreams about like could be expected.

The "men and women" are hard to say, as they will change with the dynamics of your situation and thoughts, both in general and each day - they are likely to represent fears and hopes and judgment and confidence, etc and the woman could be a real "mother" figure, or a mataphor for a missing one. The helicopter sounds like you might be looking at things with a mixed view of rescue or abduction - like you are somewhat eager or looking forward to this new phase of life but also feel like it is betraying or invalidating or 'stealing' away from your old life and what you know. The taxi could quite literally be intereted as transport, movement, change of scenery and a vehicle to get from one place (in your life) to another, again with other passengers (facets of yourself), with the sinkholes being uncertainties, doubt or dangers or at least perceived dangers, of this new chapter in your life. The "see you on the other side" could be a gallows humor sort of encouragement suggesting a phase to be endured or gone through, and a new set of experiences to proceed with after the present challenge is passed.

• Like 2

Father? Are you maybe talking to God?

No. I wasn't talking to God. I was talking to my Father. He passed away in 2007. He has been in my dreams on and off sending me messages that I try to understand. See after he passed away, I had a wreck in that same year and I was on the other side and I saw him. He told me to go back to my body and that it wasn't my time. Now, here it is 2015 and I kept having these strange dreams of wanting to go home. In the dreams I'm always far from home.

Sounds like you are or will soon be starting a new period of your life, is not in a major sense (moving out, starting a new job or college, etc) then some family or even just philosophical change (change in religion or worldview)? The father sounds like it is probably both literal and metaphorical, as a very strongly safe and reassuring figure.

Just FYI, I and probably a good number of readers have been "in a hospital for x days" (mine was 6 and it wasn't for a physical injury) and I'm not surprised at the types of dreams you're mentioning, given the rather chaotic episode in your life currently. I'd say that means it's a good sign that you are processing and experiencing the events fairly "normally", with these stresses, confusion and anxiety possibly manifesting in these dreams about like could be expected.

The "men and women" are hard to say, as they will change with the dynamics of your situation and thoughts, both in general and each day - they are likely to represent fears and hopes and judgment and confidence, etc and the woman could be a real "mother" figure, or a mataphor for a missing one. The helicopter sounds like you might be looking at things with a mixed view of rescue or abduction - like you are somewhat eager or looking forward to this new phase of life but also feel like it is betraying or invalidating or 'stealing' away from your old life and what you know. The taxi could quite literally be intereted as transport, movement, change of scenery and a vehicle to get from one place (in your life) to another, again with other passengers (facets of yourself), with the sinkholes being uncertainties, doubt or dangers or at least perceived dangers, of this new chapter in your life. The "see you on the other side" could be a gallows humor sort of encouragement suggesting a phase to be endured or gone through, and a new set of experiences to proceed with after the present challenge is passed.

Wow, that sounds very good. I think I like this one better than actually thinking I'm going home sort of sense. Thank you so much.

• Like 1

No. I wasn't talking to God. I was talking to my Father. He passed away in 2007. He has been in my dreams on and off sending me messages that I try to understand. See after he passed away, I had a wreck in that same year and I was on the other side and I saw him. He told me to go back to my body and that it wasn't my time. Now, here it is 2015 and I kept having these strange dreams of wanting to go home. In the dreams I'm always far from home.

Hi,

Yes these things do happen and are very helpful. The "being at home" need is very common for some of us. What I sense from all of this is that you need to create that sanctuary for yourself. So that "home" is always where you are. To be able to carry this energy with you were ever you go. Until you do that you will get caught up in various drams very much like falling into that sinkhole.

John

• Like 1