Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Obama to US Military?: Must shoot US Citizens

us miitary obama

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#196    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

It appears they were trying to squeak DHS handling of drones in US airspace by DHS operators using an FAA safety act update as there qualifier. The House member from Texas stopped it dead. Or if someone more politically savvy can interpret this be my guess.

http://www.fas.org/i...drone-thud.html

It would also be prudent to note drones are being used to apprehend US citizens. This one os a bit out of date however still pertinent to US firing on citizens.

http://www.usnews.co...merican-citizen

Edited by AsteroidX, 09 February 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#197    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

On last interesting link

http://www.washingto...om/loan-drone-0

#198    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Ive got a question:
Do you think its ok to fly helicopters over cities to observe them?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#199    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Helicopters are not drones. Fact

#200    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

One has to admire the sheer absurdity of this administration: At home, they coddle their terrorists with the most elaborate protections of the law, yet abroad they practise remote-controlled summary executions by push-button, without any verification and legal checks whatsoever.

Kafka would love it.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#201    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostStellar, on 10 February 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

Ive got a question:
Do you think its ok to fly helicopters over cities to observe them?
Hell (insert your favorite vulgarism) No!  It is okay to fly helicopters to observe traffic, it is okay to fly helicopters to observe 'situations'...it is NOT okay to observe the goings on of the American People via any means.  Camera are one thing...but just hovering around 'watching' people...NO!  Hell No!  Ditto with drones or planes or anything else including just cops eyeing me!  If there is a situation...Prez is in town...big game...high crime area in parking lots...that's one thing..but no..the government shouldn't Watch the people...the people should however Watch the government!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#202    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 February 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Helicopters are not drones. Fact

Thats not what I asked.

Hell (insert your favorite vulgarism) No! It is okay to fly helicopters to observe traffic, it is okay to fly helicopters to observe 'situations'...it is NOT okay to observe the goings on of the American People via any means. Camera are one thing...but just hovering around 'watching' people...NO! Hell No! Ditto with drones or planes or anything else including just cops eyeing me! If there is a situation...Prez is in town...big game...high crime area in parking lots...that's one thing..but no..the government shouldn't Watch the people...the people should however Watch the government!

So you want all the police sitting at the police station waiting for a call?
Police drive around observing for crimes being comitted. Helicopters fly in the air observing for crimes being comitted as well.

----Seraphina

#203    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Theres currently bounties available for the downing or capturing of a drone in US airspace. So noone here (America) cares about your opinion on there usefulness. We dont want them spying on our sex lives end of story.

In case you didnt read it the first time read it this time.

#204    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

-Patton

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 February 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Theres currently bounties available for the downing or capturing of a drone in US airspace. So noone here (America) cares about your opinion on there usefulness. We dont want them spying on our sex lives end of story.

In case you didnt read it the first time read it this time.

I'm simply asking some questions. Why do you consider drones flying overhead to be "spying", but helicopters flying overhead arent?

----Seraphina

#205    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 30 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

One thing I haven't seen many people mention is that if there's an eventual economic collapse...the government might not be able to pay the police.

No. The government will always be "able to pay the police". That they are trashing the currency and the economy in the process is a different story, but a government is always, by definition, able to maintain the organs that the state itself functioning.
In fact, the LAST people who are going starve in even a total economic collapse would be the government employees.

Just study some history and learn how these things play out.

Edited by Zaphod222, 10 February 2013 - 04:07 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#206    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'm simply asking some questions. Why do you consider drones flying overhead to be "spying", but helicopters flying overhead arent?

Helicopters dont typically have the option to carry a hellfire missile. Itleast not the ones flying over the USA.

#207    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostStellar, on 10 February 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

Thats not what I asked.

So you want all the police sitting at the police station waiting for a call?
Police drive around observing for crimes being comitted. Helicopters fly in the air observing for crimes being comitted as well.
I guess there is a fine line between Patrolling and Trolling.  I don't like our government...it's out of control and I don't trust it...so no...I want the police doing their job..but the idea of 'watching' the people is different from the idea of 'watching for crimes'.  

But wait a minute...maybe I need to relook at all of that...because...we do live in America ...the most vile, violent, and immoral country on the globe...with the possible exceptions of The Congo.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#208    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,054 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Mexico tops the list, followed by Honduras I think.

#209    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

-Patton

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 February 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Helicopters dont typically have the option to carry a hellfire missile. Itleast not the ones flying over the USA.

So if the drones are unarmed it's ok?

----Seraphina

#210    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

-Patton

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postjoc, on 10 February 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

I guess there is a fine line between Patrolling and Trolling.  I don't like our government...it's out of control and I don't trust it...so no...I want the police doing their job..but the idea of 'watching' the people is different from the idea of 'watching for crimes'.  

But wait a minute...maybe I need to relook at all of that...because...we do live in America ...the most vile, violent, and immoral country on the globe...with the possible exceptions of The Congo.

So why do you think drones are watching specific people? And why do you think helicopters are incapable of doing that?

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users