Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Demonology

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,801 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Demons are quite dangerous and scary.

#47    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostMaestro, on 24 October 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

• 5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.
Which is funny, cause as soon as I point this rule out, I've broken it. Lol.

Yeah, I saw that one too, I practically have them memorized, but I had to be smarmy.  LOL

Oh and I was just trying to help the mods.  :innocent:

edited to add my big fat lie j/k

Edited by coldethyl, 24 October 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#48    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Yes, people shouldn't be snide here.  Nor should they attempt to rein in free speech when that free speech is not directed at them but at the topic of demons.  I note with no little irony that the one poster here that seems to be accusing me of all types of crimes is herself appearing to engage in the very crimes she accuses.

On to demons...

In addition to keeping a pug dog, there are other ways to note if someone is infested.  Look at the eyes.  In heavily infested people, the "shine" in a person's eyes is allowed to be there as a disguise, but it appears duller than other people.  People unclogged with these parasites will have a great twinkle in their eye that soothes people when they look at it.  Infested people when challenged especially, will actually lose all the shine when their parasite takes the reins.  Like in horror movies [art does imitate life in this regard], the person's eyes will temporariliy lose all shine and become almost uniform in color.  Sometimes they appear black even, like two holes going into empty space.

Also I've seen a patina to the skin that changes.  It comes in gray tones.  I've actually seen people disappear in front of me shrouded by a mask like aura of grey.  It's fleeting usually.

Edited by SSilhouette, 24 October 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#49    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostSSilhouette, on 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Yes, people shouldn't be snide here.  Nor should they attempt to rein in free speech when that free speech is not directed at them but at the topic of demons.  I note with no little irony that the one poster here that seems to be accusing me of all types of crimes is herself appearing to engage in the very crimes she accuses.

The only crime this poster has accused you of is ignorance.

If that's a crime please cite a reference where someone has been incarcerated for it.

#50    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 24 October 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Man..  Alright OC, here's the deal.  I tried.  I read the post you linked to, and even the posts you linked to inside the post you linked to.  I watched the video.  There is just something in my brain that won't let me believe it.  Maybe I just have such a hard time taking someone else's word for something that seems so fantastic I'd have to see it myself to believe it.  Perhaps its a trust thing.  It probably is connected to the same reasons I have trouble accepting the Bible as truth.

It feels EXACTLY this same as this example I will use to illustrate my point.  Well two examples.  I have two good friends, one of them loves The Cure.  The other one loves Mr. Bungle.  (those are bands for those of you having trouble keeping up).  I love my two friends dearly and so I have tried on multiple occasions to join them in their appreciation of these two bands.  I can appreciate their talent, I can appreciate their artistic integrity, but I cannot for the life of me enjoy these two bands.  Just doesn't work.  They both just irritate something at my core and it just doesn't happen.

Believing in demons is sort of the same.  I can appreciate the fact that these vetted, corroborated witnesses seem sincere - I wouldn't accuse them of lying.  I just can't bring my self around to believe it.  Something fundamental in me rejects it.

OC - I have respect for you and your positions - you present them articulately and with conviction.  I cannot agree with you and be true to myself, however.  Thanks for your time and patience.

The original point was addressing testimonial evidence. I doubt you would have any problem believing those same witnesses in a court of law on some other subject, but in the case of the supernatural you have a predilection not to believe. That is why you reject the testimony. It has nothing to do with the caliber of the witness. It is not skepticism to beg the question of the supernatural. It is materialism.

#51    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,314 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

These are answers according to what I think, based on my own personal experiences with demons and what I have heard from others who have dealt with them only. I know that these things take many forms and that each experience is unique. It seems to me that these things, being governed by a different nature (spiritual world) may be resolved in extreme different ways, but I hope what I add may be helpful. I hope also you have gotten some other helpful information, rather than just bickering back and forth about whether or not demons are real. If you want to talk further let me know. I think there may be others on this site that can help you, please be careful though, not all are guaranteed to have your best interest at heart.

View PostPoindexter, on 02 October 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Evening peeples

This is the First time I have posted on here and I am after some information on the Titled subject

Firstly do Demons exist, and if so
**Yes

Can Demons Kill, note Plural
**I have seen them kill animals and have heard of them killing humans - * I think they mostly try to get their host to kill themselves, or set themselves up to get murdered.... One instance I heard of a woman getting cursed by some spiritualist and she died from an instant disease, this could be just a coincidence.. *shrugs*

Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs, to the point Medical Science knows the Ailment, re Kidney Disease, but, are unable to cure you
**I would assume so, I heard of a woman in Laos who was eaten by a demon from the inside out. I would defiantly try to put up some spiritual protection around yourself, through prayer etc.. if you are feeling this way.

Do Demons protect their Host
**Yes, or are vengeful towards others that appose them

Will Demons attack, if they reguard their Host is under threat
**hmm,,, I don't know

Can Demon's  "JUMP" from one Host to another
**I don't know but they can influence others through their host for sure, I believe they can ease their way into anothers life through the host...

Do Demons need to be invited to Possess a Host, if so,, how is this done
**Not always, but once the host becomes aware of it, they can resist the movements of the devil and make him flee..

Does a Host know if they have been "invaded"
**not always

Can a Possessed Host enter a Church
**Yes, I would assume churches are full of demons... sometimes they may be very antsy though (I would assume)

Finally how does one get rid of 'unwanted' Demons
**This is what is very vast - I would assume that this happens for each 'host' as you say, in many different ways. There is power in not being afraid, as the demons power is indeed having you be afraid. You can control demons ones you have separated from the fear and make them flee. If for some reason you should go through fear as a process for your own spiritual advancement, it truly sucks, but you will have to endure. There are two reasons that you would be under attack, one: you are weak and vulnerable, two: you are a spiritual threat. If you are weak and vulnerable you must become strong. If you are a spiritual threat, God is your protection and you may just need to learn a lesson for now. You can ask to be separated from the fear, you can ask to be completely released from attack. Do not partake in activities that DO invite the demons. They are strongly attracted to (in fact are probably the reason for the presence of) drugs, violence etc... separate from these activities, if you feel the demon in you, physically take control of it and hurl it from you, and be very aware of your spiritual surroundings afterward, as they will probably want to come back, especially do not allow it to move your body. Take control of your own body and it will have nothing to possess. I have had luck with another person, exorcising my house of entities. So if you know anyone that performs that, you can ask them to do a ritual. But the strongest way, that I have seen, was by Devine intervention. For me God came in and destroyed the devils, it is nothing I asked for, it just happened. But to speed it up you might want to ask for it. You could also try fasting....

Thanx for any Input or Knowledge

...This is just my two cents... wish I could be more helpful.

Read what others have to say as well, my experience in this is very limited...

***It is also important to note that you do not need to face the devil in 'trembling fear' as an attempt to conquer your fear. Ask for the fear to be released, and face the devil 'when indeed and truly' you have no fear, in this you would have control over them. If you are in your fear, they are exerting control over you... God is on your side, you should feel peace when they flee from you, you may even see them be destroyed...

PS... Have no interest in the Movie Version of Demons or the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

Edited by SpiritWriter, 25 October 2012 - 04:17 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#52    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,801 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostSSilhouette, on 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Also I've seen a patina to the skin that changes.  It comes in gray tones.  I've actually seen people disappear in front of me shrouded by a mask like aura of grey.  It's fleeting usually.
lol. Do others see these people who vanish?

#53    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 25 October 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

lol. Do others see these people who vanish?
of course not! they vanished...

#54    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

More ridicule.  I guess you folks have decided to drum me out of here for posting on topics about the paranormal at a website called "unexplained mysteries" with subforums for paranormal reports and rules that say you can't ridicule people for belief or non-belief.

The OP of this thread asked that sceptics not weigh in.  Yet here y'all are.  It's one thing to ignore his request.  It's quite another to go beyond that and begin to ridicule people who are talking to the topic for simply talking to the topic as the OP requested.

Curious...

#55    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,304 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostSSilhouette, on 26 October 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

The OP of this thread asked that sceptics not weigh in.  Yet here y'all are.  It's one thing to ignore his request.  It's quite another to go beyond that and begin to ridicule people who are talking to the topic for simply talking to the topic as the OP requested.

Curious...

Very simple

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented.

If the OP does not wish an open discussion then the OP should post a blog entry.

That being said. I would like to remind everyone to be civil and courteous and refrain from being purposefully disruptive.

iheartsugarbear

#56    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Fair enough.

#57    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 26 October 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Very simple

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented.

If the OP does not wish an open discussion then the OP should post a blog entry.

That being said. I would like to remind everyone to be civil and courteous and refrain from being purposefully disruptive.

*Is smug in the fact that she knows DOT is not talking about her*

*Runs and hides from smiting*

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postcoldethyl, on 30 October 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

i'm taking this cat. mine now, stay back!

#59    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostJGirl, on 31 October 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

i'm taking this cat. mine now, stay back!

if that cat isn't proof positive of demons, I don't know what is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users