Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible (or not) UFO sighting in New Zealand

Whatsinausername

Weather balloon?

Possible (or not) UFO sighting in New Zealand

It's certainly not a huge six from an England cricketer at the moment, unfortunately, that's for sure.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

The image of the object seems large enough that it should look more like a bird, if that's what it is. It looks oval in shape to me. One can see the camera going in and out of focus, but even when focused, no obviously bird-like profile emerges.

I saw two similar objects just under a month ago, while on holiday near Rotorua & Kawerau (a few hundred km's from where the video was shot) with my son and my dad. We were playing cricket in the yard of my dad's bach (holiday home) when i caught a high ball and noticed two of these white objects high in the sky, like two pin-points in a sea of blue. My old man had a look as well and dismissed them as weather balloons, but they looked close together at first, then travelled in oposite directions at speed. At that point he agreed that it was weird.

Thought it was weird, but with no evidence what can you do? How do you find out what you saw without coming across as a nutcase?

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

Thought it was weird, but with no evidence what can you do? How do you find out what you saw without coming across as a nutcase?

It's been 10 years or so for me. Still trying to find out. Nothing about that sounded 'nutcase-y'. Anyone one who tells you that can be instantly dismissed.

• Like 1

Must be hard to have seen something one cant explain and have the rest of the world laughing at you speculate about Alienz.

• Like 1

Must be hard to have seen something one cant explain and have the rest of the world laughing at you speculate about Alienz.

When i was looking up in the sky and my dad asked what i was looking at, I couldn't bring myself to say "two UFO's". I just said theres two white things up there. To which my old man said (with a smirk on his face) "Seeing aliens are you?"

He wasn't so smug after he saw them disappear over the horizon in a matter of seconds. I haven't told anyone else until seeing this video, which looks like the objects i saw, except closer to the ground and moving slower. Seriously, if i ran for my iPhone and took a photo you wouldn't have seen much. It would have been a pixle or two on the screen so i didn't even bother, which was the right decision considering they were gone 10 seconds later.

But i am not above considering more mundane explainations if they come to hand.

But i am not above considering more mundane explainations if they come to hand.

Any thoughts? Besides alien visitors?

Any thoughts? Besides alien visitors?

Weather baloons at different altitudes ecountering strong winds in different directions. Alien visitors would be way down the list of probable explainations, but its what everyone assumes when you are talking about UFO's

Alien visitors would be way down the list of probable explainations, but its what everyone assumes when you are talking about UFO's

I think most people do.

As for alien visitors.... should they even be on the list?

is that it? a possible UFO sighting and he only gets 20secs of it?

it looks like the sun is reflecting on it, it could be anything from a small plane to a balloon.

or it could just be another person has heard about the reward.

Lame!! Can't see the video unless you submit to Facebook slavery!! I refuseto be a mindless Zuckerbergian zombie!! I'll just have to wonder whAt's I the video... :(

i've seen that before. Sometimes with a tail, sometimes without. Looks to me like a plane at high altitude with the sun reflecting off it.

Lame!! Can't see the video unless you submit to Facebook slavery!! I refuseto be a mindless Zuckerbergian zombie!! I'll just have to wonder whAt's I the video... :(

You are not missing anything, Lava...... You said it, L-A-M-E.

• Like 1

You are not missing anything, Lava...... You said it, L-A-M-E.

ok, good. I feel better now. :D Thank you!