Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

shadow people

mr.black_fox

Have you ever noticed a shadow-like figure race across the room - seen only out of the corner of your eye, but gone when you turn your full vision in that direction? and at the same time you feel like there is no hope left and that you will die if you are in the same room as "it". but when you are about to die it runs acroos the room and disappear through a wall or door? :(

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• gypsygrl

• She-ra

• Barek Halfhand

Corner of the eye phenomenon is quite common, it occurs when changes in light that effects the front of the eye and doesn't irradiate the rest of the room. Usually a light source that has a specific area of radiation (i.e. TV's, computer screens, phones) will often produce this effect at night when the rest of the room is darker than the point of light.

Therefore you are left with what looks like movement when light irradiates the darkened surroundings only for a few brief seconds.

However if someone is seeing things run in front of them! thats a different story.

But for everyone reading, if you are seeing things in the corner of your eye late at night when you are on the PC or watching TV...fret not.

Yes, I have seen this type of thing before. As Syntax has said, this is actually very common. I believe that Syntax's explanation is correct for the majority of these 'sightings' but it doesnt explain all of them.

One of my sisters has seen this sort of thing in her home quite a lot - and always in the same place - the foot of the staircase.

Corner-of-the-eye is very questionable. Tired eyes, distraction and the physical structure of the eye all make corner-of-the-eye sightings unreliable. Seen many things from the corner of my eye. Few have panned out to be anything. Mostly tired eyes.

Have you ever noticed a shadow-like figure race across the room - seen only out of the corner of your eye, but gone when you turn your full vision in that direction? and at the same time you feel like there is no hope left and that you will die if you are in the same room as "it". but when you are about to die it runs acroos the room and disappear through a wall or door? :(

The answer is yes, and they are really there, and you are not hallucinating.

The answer is yes, and they are really there, and you are not hallucinating.

shadowpeople can be there but most of the times it is a "trick' of the eye. cause our vision is limited, we can't see clear in the corner of our eye due to the lightfall in the lens that is what causing the image. it really becomes a problem when you look direct at them and they won't dissappear..grinn

greetings

i have seen them just not out of the corner of my eye, i saw this figure in front of me and it raced at me with red eyes.

i know alot of people will say it's a joke. it's not, it happen twice on the same road. what was wierd is that it was a busy road not really their style from what i have heard .

I believe most of the time the corner of the eye phenomena is usually the correct explaination, however there are times where it's not always the case.

Does anybody else see 'white' shadow people, as opposed to the dark shadows that run around? Mine are never black but always a shimmery white.

i have seen someone that looks human in every ways shape and form with the exception of there eyes. (they where glowing red ) these people i speak of where walking down a busy street wearing all black perfectly normal clothes nothing abnormal at all and then once they saw me they rushed at a sped i cant even explain can some explain that to me please

hi...what are you guys talking about? :innocent: ....B

halfhandshuffle:Lamb of God-as the palaces burn

Edited by Barek Halfhand

For as long as I can remember, I have witnessed something similar to this phenomenon (never distinct shapes, but a definite movement of some invisible object). Wherever I have lived, I usually tend to notice it more when I'm lying comfortably on the sofa, suddenly I'll see a distinct movement (much like that of a spider scurrying aross the carpet towards me), but wherever the motion stops, there is never anything there? The times I have witnessed this, have not been out the corner of my eye, but directly in my line of vision..........I have always dismissed it, but it's interesting to see I may not be alone in seeing something like this. :)

hi...what are you guys talking about? :innocent: ....B

halfhandshuffle:Lamb of God-as the palaces burn

OMG ((((((((((((((((Barek)))))))))))))))))))) Welcome back Sweetie...You were missed...yaaahhh.. :sk:st:st:su:tsu::clap:

Aw shucks..thanks hun ...I thought nobody cared :no: .... (she'll be sick of me by friday :D )....b

halfhandshuffle:Ramones-Pinhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3pSfKHlGLo

Talking of ghostly apparitions........ loitering on the edge of your field of vision...................................Hey Barek, nice to see you back bro! :D

For as long as I can remember, I have witnessed something similar to this phenomenon (never distinct shapes, but a definite movement of some invisible object). Wherever I have lived, I usually tend to notice it more when I'm lying comfortably on the sofa, suddenly I'll see a distinct movement (much like that of a spider scurrying aross the carpet towards me), but wherever the motion stops, there is never anything there? The times I have witnessed this, have not been out the corner of my eye, but directly in my line of vision..........I have always dismissed it, but it's interesting to see I may not be alone in seeing something like this. :)

Hi Arcana, I think of "shadow people" as deceased ones who just sort of walk around and go about their daily routine. Simply because they are black or dark, doesnt make them bad, because most "ghosts" show themselves in shadow form. I dont think they are out to bother anyone or mess with us, as I dont think they realize they are dead and just do their thing. Thats my opinion anyway. JN-

Hi Arcana, I think of "shadow people" as deceased ones who just sort of walk around and go about their daily routine. Simply because they are black or dark, doesnt make them bad, because most "ghosts" show themselves in shadow form. I dont think they are out to bother anyone or mess with us, as I dont think they realize they are dead and just do their thing. Thats my opinion anyway. JN-

so if they are not bad then why did i have two rush me on a busy street if they were not shadow people then what the heck were they some one tell me please

so if they are not bad then why did i have two rush me on a busy street if they were not shadow people then what the heck were they some one tell me please

Sorry Hun, I meant BAD as evil. But I truly believe what we are in life, we are in death. If humans are mean, cruel, angry, abusive etc then unless they resolve their issues before death, they remain the same in death, as they have the same soul, just not a "full" body..JN-

Sorry Hun, I meant BAD as evil. But I truly believe what we are in life, we are in death. If humans are mean, cruel, angry, abusive etc then unless they resolve their issues before death, they remain the same in death, as they have the same soul, just not a "full" body..JN-

thats better lol so anyone seen one with red eyes

The red eyed ones should be ignored or told to go away, they aren't worth getting curious about...

I have been putting some thought in to the sleep paralysis/ shadow entity phenomena, :geek:

are they aliens?... are they ghosts?... spirits?... angels?... demons?... inter dimensional beings?...this is a question that has sparked numerous debates here at this site alone during my short tenure here as the incorrigible, but lovable Barek...

... are these visitors extracting or implanting this or that from us in a sleep disorder mimicking state they induce upon us with symptoms that so closely mirror real sleep related maladies as to further convolute the testimony of the witness? what about all the religious allegory that could be attributed to these beings...are these cloaked stalkers really the "souls trapped in purgatory" sent to eat out sins as retribution for their earthly transgressions?"...or are these aliens that home in on PSI enabled individuals and come to make occasional neuro-changes our brain chemistry to further mutate some of us into hybrids for whatever reason?... I'm still not completely sure, but the medical explanations are becoming more laughable as the cases multiply on a weekly basis , pop culture influenced mass hysteria?.. we now get reports originating from India and other unlikely locations, is the "hatman" a simple case of mass hysteria or a mass hallucination perpetuated by the suggestion of "pop culture" ?... a tiresome debate indeed....

NOW, I will concede that I found a recent article on the subject intriguing (to be fair) proposed: sleep paralysis may be our way of instinctually "playing dead" the way some animals behave when attacked by predators..if the predator thinks the prey is dead or incapacitated it will often release the prey momentarily to inspect it, thus giving the victim another opportunity for escape...he further speculated that dreams may trigger this instinctual response (play dead-sleep paralysis) of course AGAIN! why are we troubled by the identical hallucinations many of of report? :hmm: ...B

Sincerely,

Barek Halfhand TSB

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I would give some creedance to Syntacs original response. I know I often look up from the lap top under full flourescent lighting, and think there is someone leaning over my left shoulder. It is most peculiar, as it is always my LEFT. However, it should be emphasized, that Native Americans have often used peripheral vision when locating small movements. An old indian trick is to not look directly at the area you are scanning. Corner of the eye sight is much better for locating moving objects.

As for the thing in the dark, I know what you are talking about. We've all seen it as children. It's that shape the begins to form the longer you peer at it. You only notice it in the first place, because somehow, it is darker than the normal dark in the room. It's a deeper dark. Although I can't attest to ever seeing one in movement, I did awaken once to it standing at the foot of my bed. Like I said, I was just a child then.

Onside for sleep paralysis being biologically explained, look into narcolespy... youtube the useful medium it has become on pratically anything! has some examples, some examples of animals with it as well of both SP and narcolepsy/cataplexy episodes...

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying for a moment that people who suffer with SP have narcolepsy or should worry about it, people can have SP on its own right. It's just that SP or 'cataplexy' is one of the major symptoms in people/animals with narcolepsy, and it's that which scientific study has come from....

I have been putting some thought in to the sleep paralysis/ shadow entity phenomena, :geek:

are they aliens?... are they ghosts?... spirits?... angels?... demons?... inter dimensional beings?...this is a question that has sparked numerous debates here at this site alone during my short tenure here as the incorrigible, but lovable Barek...

... are theses visitors extracting or implanting this or that from us in a sleep disorder mimicking state they induce upon us with symptoms that so closely mirror real sleep related maladies as to further convolute the testimony of the witness? what about all the religious allegory that could be attributed to these beings...are these cloaked stalkers really the "souls trapped in purgatory" sent to eat out sins as retribution for their earthly transgressions?"...or are these aliens that home in on PSI enabled individuals and come to make occasional neuro-changes our brain chemistry to further mutate some of us into hybrids for whatever reason?... I'm still not completely sure, but the medical explanations are becoming more laughable as the cases multiply on a weekly basis , pop culture influenced mass hysteria?.. we now now get reports originating from India and other unlikely locations, is the "hatman" a simple case of mass hysteria or a mass hallucination perpetuated by the suggestion of "pop culture" ?... a tiresome debate indeed....

NOW, I will concede that I found a recent article on the subject intriguing (to be fair) proposed: sleep paralysis may be our way of instinctually "playing dead" the way some animals behave when attacked by predators..if the predator thinks the prey is dead or incapacitated often will release the prey momentarily to inspect it, thus giving the victim another opportunity for escape...he further speculated that dreams may trigger this instinctual response (play dead-sleep paralysis) of course AGAIN! why are we troubled by the identical hallucinations many of of report...

Sincerely,

Barek Halfhand TSB

Could you give us more info on the article? That sounds really interesting, Barek, and more intriguing to me that just being momentarily paralyzed.

Yep. I hate to admit this but straight full on (no corner of the eye thing) and full figure. Whatever. I don't care. Call me crazy. I know who it/they are. :) No big deal.

Edited to add: My whole family has...lmao.

Edited by She-ra