Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are we scared of the Dead?

asian-ghosts

why are humans scared of dead humans? is it because they are scared of getting bitten, or scared of immortal souls, or just the fact that a dead person can mysteriously wake up? your opinions?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pythia

• asian-ghosts

• JustNormal

• Veliska

Top Posters In This Topic

I think alot of us are not. Very easy to not be scared when you don't believe in them.

I have never seen a ghost and I would love to know for sure if they exist and this alone will be the only fact that convinces me. However, I love hearing other people's accounts of seeing ghosts.

I think it's the shock factor of something occuring which you know shouldn't be happening. If someone appears out of the blue in front of you, I'd doubt anyone of us wouldn't be shocked and scared. I know I would be, it's the fear of the unknown.

It's not just the shock value of it...

When seeing a ghost or anything that cannot be explained, the most natural human reaction that is created is fear. Simply because you lack the knowledge and understanding of what it is. Shock is a word to describe that you don't know how to feel or react but in reality, its the nature of fear. Humans have alays been trained this way. Its very normal.

Encounters with spirits tend to be something of a riddle. Often, only the scantest of information is available and all too soon, it's over. usually your left with more questions than answers.

Personally, when your inexperienced and an encounter takes place, fear is borne from the odd behaviour, the extreme nature of the way you see the entity, the temperature or the type of light you notice during the incident.

Your instincts tell you this is out of the ordinary and once this happens most people want to be some place else.

I still believe that incidents like the above are natures secrets and although I have little evidence to support, tend to believe that most are lost souls who need help to guide them back on the journey they started and which they must complete.

Encounter85

The unknown is frighting. Death is frightening to those who never experianced a close to death experiance...who haven't seen the light...plus all those darn scarey movie with walking zombies...lol

I'm not afraid of ghosts but I do have nightmares about being bittin/chased/cornered by the undead.

I have had this conversation. What we came up with is Survival.

If you cant "potentionaly kill" something that you cant control, Your instincts kick-in and fear comes first.

How do you kill something already "dead"?

I have had this conversation. What we came up with is Survival.

If you cant "potentionaly kill" something that you cant control, Your instincts kick-in and fear comes first.

How do you kill something already "dead"?

Oh Yeah the Survival Instinct...I see. Well I get really freaked out by Clowns!! LOL

I agree, it is the shock value along with the fear of the unknown. Ghost hunting gives us an adreneline rush and so does being frightened. I think its safe to say that we love to be scared, but we only want to be scared when watching a movie or ghost shows, and we are prepared for that. But no one wants to be scared in their own home. So there are a few variances, but in any case I am more afraid of dangerous humans than I am of any ghost..JN

death doesn't scare me!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Fear of the unknown.

Totally agree! :yes:

and i also agree with that lol

:D

Edited by Dark an1m3

why are humans scared of dead humans? is it because they are scared of getting bitten, or scared of immortal souls, or just the fact that a dead person can mysteriously wake up? your opinions?

Interesting question!

Having watched my father die and cleaning his body in preparation for his burial afterwards, I'm really not sure what there is to fear.

One minute he was there and the next he was gone. I didn't think that he would bite me,(that's really funny to me and would be to him) or that he would wake up, (I was kinda hoping that he would and laugh at us crying).

I'm pretty sure that the fear lies in the fact that we will all be there some day, and that's a hopeless feeling if you don't believe in heaven, or life after death, or the hereafter, or whatever you want to call it. People tend to fear what they don't know.

I'm pretty sure that my dad is saving me a seat.

To dream of the dead is an good omen...gn.

Interesting question!

Having watched my father die and cleaning his body in preparation for his burial afterwards, I'm really not sure what there is to fear.

One minute he was there and the next he was gone. I didn't think that he would bite me,(that's really funny to me and would be to him) or that he would wake up, (I was kinda hoping that he would and laugh at us crying).

I'm pretty sure that the fear lies in the fact that we will all be there some day, and that's a hopeless feeling if you don't believe in heaven, or life after death, or the hereafter, or whatever you want to call it. People tend to fear what they don't know.

I'm pretty sure that my dad is saving me a seat.

omg im speechless, i know everyone will HAVE to face that one day but i haven't faced it yet, losing a close person, i knowi will one day but i am not ready to. Its soo hard to think about like sometimes i just feel like i want to go 1st so i wont have to face it, but i dont know, im just soo scared of that day, when i loose a loved one

omg im speechless, i know everyone will HAVE to face that one day but i haven't faced it yet, losing a close person, i knowi will one day but i am not ready to. Its soo hard to think about like sometimes i just feel like i want to go 1st so i wont have to face it, but i dont know, im just soo scared of that day, when i loose a loved one

It is very hard and I won't try to sugarcoat it.

He fought so hard to live and he struggled through everything.

He was so determined to stay with us and his dying wasn't easy or pleasant. It was horrible. He struggled for each breath. I held him at the last and reassured him that everything was o.k, that I would take care of it all and he could let go. I only wanted his suffering to end.

Everytime I think of my dad, I smile, because he was a funny man, and I know in my heart that he will be there waiting for me when I go, and laughing at me for not doing it right. :rolleyes: I always wanted to be the first to go, because I didn't think I could handle the pain, but now I know, not only can I handle this pain but I'm glad I didn't go first, because I wouldn't want my father to feel the pain of losing a child. That would be selfish.

I only hope that when I leave here, my children think of me the same way I think of him, and have no tears, just smiles and laughter. O.K. well maybe a few tears because they deserve it, the little bas***ds! :D

So anyway, back on topic,there is no reason to fear dead people because they are usually someone's relatives and there is nothing to fear. Unless of course they've been sprayed with some toxic chemicals and then look out! :unsure2:

Edited by cyqe

why are humans scared of dead humans?

Because they stink....and they walk weird too. :huh:

While I have never experienced anything myself, I am willing to keep my mind open to the possibility of ghosts. I think the scariest part for me would be the possibility of deception. What if I see something that appears to be a dead friend or relative, but instead it is an evil being pretending to be someone I knew? I really would not ever want to have any kind of contact with such a being, under any circumstances. :no:

It is very hard and I won't try to sugarcoat it.

He fought so hard to live and he struggled through everything.

He was so determined to stay with us and his dying wasn't easy or pleasant. It was horrible. He struggled for each breath. I held him at the last and reassured him that everything was o.k, that I would take care of it all and he could let go. I only wanted his suffering to end.

Everytime I think of my dad, I smile, because he was a funny man, and I know in my heart that he will be there waiting for me when I go, and laughing at me for not doing it right. :rolleyes: I always wanted to be the first to go, because I didn't think I could handle the pain, but now I know, not only can I handle this pain but I'm glad I didn't go first, because I wouldn't want my father to feel the pain of losing a child. That would be selfish.

I only hope that when I leave here, my children think of me the same way I think of him, and have no tears, just smiles and laughter. O.K. well maybe a few tears because they deserve it, the little bas***ds! :D

So anyway, back on topic,there is no reason to fear dead people because they are usually someone's relatives and there is nothing to fear. Unless of course they've been sprayed with some toxic chemicals and then look out! :unsure2:

thanks , yea im more fearful to go before my parents than to see my parents go..

First off a ghost can't bite you. Second i think the fear of the dead is part of the fear of the unknown in general because nobody knows for certain what happens to us or where we go when we die. Although most people who have had near death experiences say that if you've lived a decent or good life you have nothing to worry about when you die, On the other hand the discovery channel had a a guy who had a near death experience and claims he went to hell said that words can't describe how bad that place is, He said movies that portray hell and demons like the hellraiser series pale in comparison to the real thing.

Now my questions is...

What happen if the ghost meet the greys (alien)... which one is going to be freaked out??

The ghost might be scared because the alien has this ghostbuster-like gun

The alien might be scared because the ghost is just freaky