Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'We want to get into your country

Commander CMG

Lounging on the steps of a crumbling Soviet-era apartment block on the outskirts of Romania’s most notorious slum, Iordan Rupa is drinking apple brandy and waiting for his mobile phone to ring.

Pulling a woollen hat tightly over his ears, he gestures at the filthy streets, filled with packs of stray dogs, mountains of rubble and litter, potholes, and the occasional burnt-out car.

Read More here

Edited by xsas
  • Like 1

looking at that picture, god help them, to live in real poverty must be a nightmare and anyone of the right mind would want to escape to make a better life for themselves, and their family. the economies of both Romania and Bulgaria are basically run by the mafia. so its almost a waste of time the EU spending money in these EU members. because most of the money doesn't go were its intended. - but when you have the following in black and white. that in December, 29 Million people from two of the poorest countries in europe if not the world have the RIGHT, to come and live and work in the UK. and there is nothing we can do about it, just makes me want to shout in frustration.

how the hell have we let this happen. how can people from these two countries have exactly the same rights as me in the UK and they've done nothing for the country. after three months here they'll be allowed to claim benefits, if they come over registered as self-employed and without paying a penny tax. they'd be able to claim benefits withing two weeks. how can we permit an influx of more people when our job market as no places for the current 2.5 million unemployed citizens already in the UK. and what of the cost to the health service. i seen a report on BBC Parliament. so we can take it as fact. 37% of the patients in the health service are immigrants. costing 1.2Billion a year. and we wonder why the NHS is rocking, - i find it alarming. so much so, i've taken out private health insurance through work, because i can see the writing on the wall. because am one of them boring people, who likes politics i took notes, in 2010. latest figures, immigrants presented at hospitals with diseases for example 46,000 cases of HIV. 50,000 cases of tuberculosis, and the list goes on for a whole number of infectious diseases which we had under control. and with each case we do not turn the people away or return them home to receive treatment they get the right to remain in the UK to undergo treatment. so the NHS is no longer a National Health Service but a International Health Service. but only paid for by the British tax payers. - we cannot blame all our problems on immigration, but sometimes the facts have to be brought to attention. but we've known this for a long time. lets not even talk about housing.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 4

And those politicain idiots wonder why disillusioned people born in the UK (doesn't count for anything anymore) turn to the far right. If I was more paranoid I'd wonder if polluting this country with wave and wave of immigrants was some kind of plan to cause unrest in communities and to futher marginalise members of the British working class or (underclass). Of course the immigrants are always portrayed as the worthy poverty sticken who'll work for absoultely nothing and the British unemployed should be ashamed for not subjecting ourselves to something akin to slavery even if the fact is that immigrant workers are usually favoured over British ones anyway for lots of jobs.

Edited by yearofthehater
  • Like 3

Effective border controls......

633794718896203945_groundforces0.jpg

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 5

Effective border controls......

633794718896203945_groundforces0.jpg

I like it.

I have no problem with immigrants, per-se.

If they are law abiding, non-convicts and non subversives, welcome, WELCOME!

Unfortunately, there are those who "slip through" within the immigration migration eventually causing much distress as they have either a criminal mentality or a subversive political agenda.

That's the problem.

Don't you are making me cry. Why is humanity so horrible? :no:

Take a look at those faces in the OP link, Misty. If you want them living at the bottom of your garden (free of charge) you're very welcome!

Take a look at those faces in the OP link, Misty. If you want them living at the bottom of your garden (free of charge) you're very welcome!

No ealdy of course I don't. But I don't want them to be in that state in the first place. My hating and abhoring them, isn't going to make them go away, isn't going to make me live my life better wanting them gone. I just despair of life sometimes, how can we make it better for ALL in the world, if we point fingers, and hide away from the pain of others.

• Like 2

No ealdy of course I don't. But I don't want them to be in that state in the first place. My hating and abhoring them, isn't going to make them go away, isn't going to make me live my life better wanting them gone. I just despair of life sometimes, how can we make it better for ALL in the world, if we point fingers, and hide away from the pain of others.

All these liberal do gooders who think we should just let them all in should be forced to put these immigrants up in their own houses and on their own land perhaps then they might not look so favourably upon huge numbers of immigrants flooding the country and have a slightly different view on the matter. And the fact is a lot of these do gooders live in areas far away from the densely overpopulated areas where the immigrants have to live among the poorest british people so they can have the luxury of saying 'yes let them all in'!

You want to let them all in just so long as you don't have to live anywhere near them right?

Edited by yearofthehater

I agree it can't be pleasant for them but why should it be down to us to have to foot the bill to improve their lot? For years, our 'masters' have been pouring our money into the bottomless pit that is sub-Saharan Africa with few visible signs of improvement (apart from the expanding waistlines and flashier cars for the dictators). Now we're expected to dig deeper into our pockets to feed, clothe, heal and in many cases, arrest and imprison thousands of these economic migrants gaining admission to Britain by order of a Soviet-like establishment from which the majority of British citizens would prefer to leave!

Why should our elderly be given sub-standard care (or none at all) after a lifetime of work and paying taxes? Why should our children and grandchildren be denied good education because classrooms are stuffed with immigrant children speaking 10 or 20 different languages between them? Why should we be afraid to venture into many inner-city areas for fear of assault and mugging? Why should acres of green fields be concreted over in order to build homes for incomers who have never contributed a penny into the system (and some of them never likely to)?

Admire or hate the late Enoch Powell, he was right when he said....."As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see the River Tiber foaming with much blood. That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the 20th century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now."

To late - we're screwed!

• Like 3

Enoch was right.

Can't agree enough with what you've written above ealdwita as a country we're being forced to accommodate every other culture and race at the expense of our own national identity which has virtually disappeared. The cities in this country are turning into overpopulated crime ridden ghettos and in a few generations white anglo saxon english people are going to be second class citizens in some parts of the country we're already a minority in some cities. I wonder if the do gooders will still be welcoming them all in open armed then when people are afraid to set foot outdoors and our streets are overrun with gangs and English culture has been eroded to be replaced by some kind of false multiculturism which stifles or even criminalises any criticism of the multi-cultural cesspit this country has become.

All these liberal do gooders who think we should just let them all in should be forced to put these immigrants up in their own houses and on their own land perhaps then they might not look so favourably upon huge numbers of immigrants flooding the country and have a slightly different view on the matter. And the fact is a lot of these do gooders live in areas far away from the densely overpopulated areas where the immigrants have to live among the poorest british people so they can have the luxury of saying 'yes let them all in'!

You want to let them all in just so long as you don't have to live anywhere near them right?

Hate, you see me as a "do-gooder" liberal and probably a wash-out. Maybe I am. Maybe I am not.

Either way, I stand by my premise that life on earth, be it here in Uk or in some other country makes us all the same, needy and in want of caring and understanding. This does not equate to what our Governments supply. It dosen't mean that I should hate you simply because you weren't born in my Country.

I agree it can't be pleasant for them but why should it be down to us to have to foot the bill to improve their lot? For years, our 'masters' have been pouring our money into the bottomless pit that is sub-Saharan Africa with few visible signs of improvement (apart from the expanding waistlines and flashier cars for the dictators). Now we're expected to dig deeper into our pockets to feed, clothe, heal and in many cases, arrest and imprison thousands of these economic migrants gaining admission to Britain by order of a Soviet-like establishment from which the majority of British citizens would prefer to leave!

Why should our elderly be given sub-standard care (or none at all) after a lifetime of work and paying taxes? Why should our children and grandchildren be denied good education because classrooms are stuffed with immigrant children speaking 10 or 20 different languages between them? Why should we be afraid to venture into many inner-city areas for fear of assault and mugging? Why should acres of green fields be concreted over in order to build homes for incomers who have never contributed a penny into the system (and some of them never likely to)?

Admire or hate the late Enoch Powell, he was right when he said....."As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see the River Tiber foaming with much blood. That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the 20th century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now."

To late - we're screwed!

ealdy, it shouldn't just be "down to us" it shouldn't happen at all. One human being in one country, is as important and vital as another human being in another country.

Dosen't matter if it is in outer timbuck too or a town in surrey England. We are all the same and all deserve to be treated the same.

Either way, I stand by my premise that life on earth, be it here in Uk or in some other country makes us all the same, needy and in want of caring and understanding

Maybe you should go live in some inner city craphole and practise your philosphy that we're all the same and essentially good people. Tell that to the people who have to live in fear of criminal gangs and live in areas where no one speaks english. A lot of these immigrants are just here to take this country for all its got they make no effort to intergrate and care nothing for the country whose hospitality they're quite happy to accept. I'm not saying all immigrants are the same but in my experience their not the saints the media and you do gooders like to portray them as.

And lets not forget there are plenty of English scumbags who try to act like immigrants or impress them and embrace gangster culture (which comes from the commonwealth immigrants we let overrun this country decades ago) and think its alright to go round without any regard for other people acting threatening and violent towards fellow english people. These English people are traitors as far as I'm concerned.

ealdy, it shouldn't just be "down to us" it shouldn't happen at all. One human being in one country, is as important and vital as another human being in another country.

Dosen't matter if it is in outer timbuck too or a town in surrey England. We are all the same and all deserve to be treated the same.

Up to a point I agree with what you've said, Misty, But I can't escape the feeling that, as a nation, the British are being bullied into doing more than their share. Standards of living are higher than those in Bulgaria or Romania in almost any other country in the EU, but Britain is the only country who doles out handfuls of

benefits to all and sundry, and seems to rate the 'Human Rights' of incomers above those of the indigenous population. This is why this country has become the EU's dustbin. Perhaps if we made it just a little harder to come here and exploit Britain then economic migrants may look elsewhere in the EU for their handouts, and the rest of Europe will have to shoulder its share of the burden.

"A liberal is merely a racist xenophobic fascist who hasn't been mugged yet!"

It's coming & there's nothing we can do about it. Well, having said that, there is, but it means not voting for ANY of the three usual suspects at the next election.

And that is the only way.

• Like 2

Up to a point I agree with what you've said, Misty, But I can't escape the feeling that, as a nation, the British are being bullied into doing more than their share. Standards of living are higher than those in Bulgaria or Romania in almost any other country in the EU, but Britain is the only country who doles out handfuls of

benefits to all and sundry, and seems to rate the 'Human Rights' of incomers above those of the indigenous population. This is why this country has become the EU's dustbin. Perhaps if we made it just a little harder to come here and exploit Britain then economic migrants may look elsewhere in the EU for their handouts, and the rest of Europe will have to shoulder its share of the burden.

"A liberal is merely a racist xenophobic fascist who hasn't been mugged yet!"

I know we are worlds apart here ealdy, but I think, what I believe is that whilst we go on perpetuating the norm that one country is not responsible for another country and it's failings, we all fail on the very basic level of humanity, in that we are all one species, all responsible for each other, no matter where on earth we live, no mattter how rich or needy we are.

• Like 1

I know we are worlds apart here ealdy, but I think, what I believe is that whilst we go on perpetuating the norm that one country is not responsible for another country and it's failings, we all fail on the very basic level of humanity, in that we are all one species, all responsible for each other, no matter where on earth we live, no mattter how rich or needy we are.

Let's agree to differ on this one, Misty shall we? We'll only distance each other by arguing, and nothing will be gained. I'll close with this though, if I may....If it didn't seem so one-sided (some countries continually giving and others continually taking, with no discernable benefit to either one), then perhaps I could look more favourably on aid-giving. As it is, I see us continually being taken for mugs.

I suppose it's because I've spent the greater part of my life fighting other nations! (Or at least, defending Britain from them.) Sometimes though, I wonder why I bothered!

• Like 1

I think I mentioned this in another topic about germany already. And yes I do believe that Germany and the UK are sitting in the same ship here. I am all for helping others but you should be able to help yourself first. And if the others outwage the nationals than something is wrong imo. Like I said before anybody who is qualified and able to give back to society should be welcomed but I certainly dont think we should open our arms and most important our money to just anybody without getting anything back in return. There is only so much help you can give before you cut your own arm away and than what? Who is going to help you?

• Like 3

Let's agree to differ on this one, Misty shall we? We'll only distance each other by arguing, and nothing will be gained. I'll close with this though, if I may....If it didn't seem so one-sided (some countries continually giving and others continually taking, with no discernable benefit to either one), then perhaps I could look more favourably on aid-giving. As it is, I see us continually being taken for mugs.

I suppose it's because I've spent the greater part of my life fighting other nations! (Or at least, defending Britain from them.) Sometimes though, I wonder why I bothered!

I do get where you are coming from ealdy, honest I do.

To fight for your country and uphold it's dreams I admire you and respect you.

Yes, we should leave it there.

Not because you are right and I am wrong, or I am right and you are wrong, but because we both know that compromise is sometimes all that is left to us if we are to live together in peace.

Regardless, of all the stuff between us, I respect your oinions and I hope you can respect mine.

• Like 2

And those politicain idiots wonder why disillusioned people born in the UK (doesn't count for anything anymore) turn to the far right. If I was more paranoid I'd wonder if polluting this country with wave and wave of immigrants was some kind of plan to cause unrest in communities and to futher marginalise members of the British working class or (underclass). Of course the immigrants are always portrayed as the worthy poverty sticken who'll work for absoultely nothing and the British unemployed should be ashamed for not subjecting ourselves to something akin to slavery even if the fact is that immigrant workers are usually favoured over British ones anyway for lots of jobs.

I agree.

It just gives an excuse to nutters like nick griffin.

I don't think they should be allowed here, we have plenty of poverty stricken people here who need jobs

Tony Blair said only 5000 to 13000 Polish would go to the UK when the barriers were lifted!!! 600,000 have arrived!! Does anyone seriously doubt that it will not be millions of Roma and Bulgarians by next year??

Cameron does not have the Cajones to go up against the EU, but if he called a referendum in the UK on this specific issue and the referendum said "NO" then the EU would be powerless to fine the nation... Anyone thought of starting this demand in the UK, getting signatures etc?? What about Political Parties starting this?

Is there not an opportunity on the UK.gov website to start a petition, whereby if 50,000 people support the motion then it MUST be discussed in Open Parliamentary debate

Edited by keithisco

Tony Blair said only 5000 to 13000 Polish would go to the UK when the barriers were lifted!!! 600,000 have arrived!! Does anyone seriously doubt that it will not be millions of Roma and Bulgarians by next year??

Cameron does not have the Cajones to go up against the EU, but if he called a referendum in the UK on this specific issue and the referendum said "NO" then the EU would be powerless to fine the nation... Anyone thought of starting this demand in the UK, getting signatures etc?? What about Political Parties starting this?

Is there not an opportunity on the UK.gov website to start a petition, whereby if 50,000 people support the motion then it MUST be discussed in Open Parliamentary debate

it was debated just before the half term break, i get the sense the politicians are fully aware of the issue. more so than we think. i have a feeling something, will be done.

I'll be the first to admit that Romanian women are beautiful but there comes a point when simply allowing women into your bar... uhmmm, country is conflicting with National safety standards.