Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Is there more to John 19:26, 19:27 and 19:30?


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

John 19:26
"When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he said unto his mother, 'Woman, behold your son!'"


John 19:27
"Then said he to the disciple, 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home."


Hi,

Please read John 19:26 and John 19:27.

Is there more to this than what's being conveyed on the surface?

Before answering the first question, was it a Jewish tradition to adopt out your mother before you die? With this in mind, think of the gravity of adopting out your own beloved mother, the woman who brought you into this world. Surely, a simple request would've done it, don't you think?



John 19:30
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, 'It is finished,' and he bowed his head, and gave up his spirit."

And last, what was the "it" when Jesus said, "It is finished"?  Would love to read your replies.

Peace and blessed 2013 to all.


Paul


#2    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

These 3 passages made a profound impact on me, enough to make me a Christian again. No storyteller could've told this without divine guidance or going through a physical resurrection. It's truly beyond a storyteller's vision. It was, after all, a realtime account. Think about it: this was Christ's last time on earth, and yet, he was still fulfilling his "role" as Jesus to the very end. Talk about continuity! Even his last intimate words (while talking to himself), he kept his divine identity intact by being detached to his role. "It is finished." Yes, if he hadn't known about his divinity and role (the man with the mission), he would not have adopted out his mother because there would be no logic to it and it would not fit the greatest story ever told -- it would not follow the theme of "Divine Love Made Flesh." Adopting out your mother?? Sounds extreme, doesn't it! It's so un-son like, as if Jesus was lashing to the world. "Here, take my mother!" I've read articles online, but they don't follow the logical story of Jesus the Christ, the embodiment of love eternal. I believe that one of his goals is to tell us that we are merely playing a role right now. It's not who we really are...just like Christ was really not Jesus the flesh but a truly powerful god on earth to save us from our illusions.

IMHO, these 3 passages are as profound as the resurrection, or even more so in a literary sense because of their subtle, and yet penetrating, nature.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u, 07 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.


#3    Reann

Reann

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

I always felt it to be very touching , very sad .For Mariam to have to watch as they persecuted her son , while she  knew what  the world did  not know nor understand  regarding his birth and the visitation she had with the angel, who would of really believed her?
The bible says that Joseph didn't  or wouldn't of believed her until God had sent an angel to him as well . God also showed  Joseph dreams regarding Christ and Mariam.As for your question, I heard that John was a brother, a son a Joseph . I also heard that John was not a son of Joseph but that he was just another close  disciple .I think the catholic church teaches that Joseph had no other children or wives or  something  like that , or that he and Mariam had no children together.I'm not sure if the catholic church teaches that Joseph had children of his own with anyone but I do know that the protestant churches teach that he had children with Mariam sometime after Jesus was born . To me  it doesn't really matter if Jesus had other brothers and sisters, I don't see any reason to hide that ,actually it would be nice to know if he did or not.
I don't think Jesus had  a child named Sara with Mary of Magdalene either.I think that's just some conspiracy story someone made up for whatever reasons. Do you think he had a child named Sara with Mary of  Magdalene?


#4    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Joined:01 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever the wind takes me...

  • "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 07 January 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

John 19:26
"When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he said unto his mother, 'Woman, behold your son!'"


John 19:27
"Then said he to the disciple, 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home."


Hi,

Please read John 19:26 and John 19:27.

Is there more to this than what's being conveyed on the surface?

Before answering the first question, was it a Jewish tradition to adopt out your mother before you die? With this in mind, think of the gravity of adopting out your own beloved mother, the woman who brought you into this world. Surely, a simple request would've done it, don't you think?


Christ has spoken many times about how your only real family is your brothers and sisters in Christ. Because of that, the "gravity" of so-called adopting out his mother is not as severe as some would percieve it to be. Not that he didn't love her, he just loved her no differently than he loved anyone else. There may have been a specific reason for asking his disciple to do this, she was after all older than Mary magdalene and we don't know about Mary the wife of Clopas, however no one really knows since the book doesn't go into much further detail. However I don't really believe it needs to be. It in no way changes Christ's message, it is simply a tiny part of John's quick overall runthrough of the crucifixion in a nutshell. I just don't think it's as big of an issue as you make it seem.

View Postbraveone2u, on 07 January 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

John 19:30
"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, 'It is finished,' and he bowed his head, and gave up his spirit."

And last, what was the "it" when Jesus said, "It is finished"?  Would love to read your replies.

Peace and blessed 2013 to all.


Paul

This is quite simple. He was destined to die on the cross for us. The "it" is simply the fact that he "did." He died, he accomplished the mission, end of story. Don't really see how it's related to the above, but whatever helps clarify I suppose. Peace to you too. :tu:

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image


#5    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 07 January 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

Christ has spoken many times about how your only real family is your brothers and sisters in Christ. Because of that, the "gravity" of so-called adopting out his mother is not as severe as some would percieve it to be. Not that he didn't love her, he just loved her no differently than he loved anyone else. There may have been a specific reason for asking his disciple to do this, she was after all older than Mary magdalene and we don't know about Mary the wife of Clopas, however no one really knows since the book doesn't go into much further detail. However I don't really believe it needs to be. It in no way changes Christ's message, it is simply a tiny part of John's quick overall runthrough of the crucifixion in a nutshell. I just don't think it's as big of an issue as you make it seem.



This is quite simple. He was destined to die on the cross for us. The "it" is simply the fact that he "did." He died, he accomplished the mission, end of story. Don't really see how it's related to the above, but whatever helps clarify I suppose. Peace to you too. :tu:
Hi AquilaChrysaetos,

(Brothers and sisters in Christ.) Keep in mind that during his realtime life, the order of the day was his Jewish culture. Also, Jesus was either called a rabbi or prophet or something negative.

Yes. "He died, he accomplished the mission...," because he played his ROLE perfectly...but it's not the end of the story because he knew about his divinity, his Godhead, the absolute fact that he's part of the Holy Trinity. His knowledge of his supreme power is not just due to a mere "awakening." Consciously playing a role is not the same as living a life. Therefore, he was able to detach himself from the ever-unfolding story of Jesus the flesh, but this doesn't mean that he didn't feel the suffering of his flesh. No doubt, he was able to fully put his consciousness to that level of thinking.

Therefore, if you're not invested in your ephemeral earthly identity because you know you're god (on a mission), you will not find it odd to go beyond your culture's limitations. You will also teach your truth to those around you.

Would you adopt out your own mother, especially if you have (adult and able) brothers to take care of her?

It's a big deal because these 3 passages are so subtle that you really have to be resurrected or "awakened" to get that "voila" feeling. I'm sure those "awakened" people who are reading these passages will get what I'm talking about. Again, they're enough to make me a Christian again.

Thank you for your reply, AquilaChrysaetos.

Peace.

Paul


#6    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostReann, on 07 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Do you think he had a child named Sara with Mary of  Magdalene?
Hi Reann,

That, I don't know, but I've read about it.

Thank you for your reply, and have a good afternoon.

Paul


#7    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Joined:01 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever the wind takes me...

  • "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 07 January 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Hi AquilaChrysaetos,

(Brothers and sisters in Christ.) Keep in mind that during his realtime life, the order of the day was his Jewish culture. Also, Jesus was either called a rabbi or prophet or something negative.

Yes. "He died, he accomplished the mission...," because he played his ROLE perfectly...but it's not the end of the story because he knew about his divinity, his Godhead, the absolute fact that he's part of the Holy Trinity. His knowledge of his supreme power is not just due to a mere "awakening." Consciously playing a role is not the same as living a life. Therefore, he was able to detach himself from the ever-unfolding story of Jesus the flesh, but this doesn't mean that he didn't feel the suffering of his flesh. No doubt, he was able to fully put his consciousness to that level of thinking.

Therefore, if you're not invested in your ephemeral earthly identity because you know you're god (on a mission), you will not find it odd to go beyond your culture's limitations. You will also teach your truth to those around you.

Would you adopt out your own mother, especially if you have (adult and able) brothers to take care of her?

It's a big deal because these 3 passages are so subtle that you really have to be resurrected or "awakened" to get that "voila" feeling. I'm sure those "awakened" people who are reading these passages will get what I'm talking about. Again, they're enough to make me a Christian again.

Thank you for your reply, AquilaChrysaetos.

Peace.

Paul

Posted Image



OMG....................................................................................

</violafeeling>

In all seriousness though, I get finally what you're saying. You're right, it's like I saw each individual piece of the puzzle but couldn't put it together. I already knew many other accounts of Christ doing uncooth non-cultural things, but this one totally went right over the head.

Nice keen eye man. Now that's the kinda inspirational spirit driven Christianity I like to see! :tu:

Thank you so much for the incredibly valuable info! :tsu: I'll be sure to pass this along as much as I can...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image


#8    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,535 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

A mother had to be taken care of a male member of the family in those days, John Mark the beloved Jesus`s consin.


#9    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

Hi docyabut2,

The New Testament mentions James, Simon, Judas (Jude), and Joses (Joseph) as Jesus' half brothers since he was an Immaculate Conception.

John was a disciple. John was Jesus' cousin through Mary via Salome, Mary's sister, I believe.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u, 08 January 2013 - 07:11 AM.


#10    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 08 January 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:


Thank you so much for the incredibly valuable info! :tsu: I'll be sure to pass this along as much as I can...
You are most welcome, AquilaChrysaetos.

Peace.

Paul


#11    Reann

Reann

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Um excuse but...does anyone remember reading that Jesus's brothers didn't believe in him ? I just remembered that . They were ashamed of him , so why would he ask them to care for Mariam? I think later they became believers and woke up to who he truly was but, they didn't accept him while he was with them.
And I think John was there with him through  the entire event of the crucifixion.. Wasn't it John that the bible  referred to as Jesus's favorite disciple..John believed in him unlike his own brothers... the brothers that the catholic church calls Jesus's cousins and the protestants call his actual brothers.
I'm sorry but I totally am not getting what you're saying Paul. Maybe you can explain it to me a bit so i understand, I'd appreciate that if you don't mind.
Thanks

Edited by Reann, 08 January 2013 - 06:48 PM.


#12    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostReann, on 08 January 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

I think later they became believers and woke up to who he truly was but, they didn't accept him while he was with them.
Hi Reann,

It's all there (without repeating myself). You will either get the voila feeling or you won't.

Thank you again for you reply.

Peace.

Paul


#13    dogonstar111

dogonstar111

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london

  • If you find yourself being played like a musical instrument make sure that you are not being fingered when you really want to be plucked

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

I amno expert on either the New or Old testament and so in replying here I am perfectly happy to find myself accused of ignorance but by pure coincidence I just finished a post asking the question about the source of spirituality and whether it was male or female and it seems to me that, in the light of that context, there may be another meaning that has not occurred to anyone. It is just an idea so please do not crucify me for it.

The point of my post was that the God source is female. Everything began with the female including the virgin birth of Jesus. If Jesus is the son of God then surely that makes his mother God. We are all of this earth, formed out of nature. Do we not cal our earth Mother? Do we not call our nature Mother? Jesus gave his Mother to John. Was he giving God to John?

From what I have learned about the bible, I believe that there is a grave danger of interpreting what it says in our own terminology having taken the words too literally. Nothing in the bible seems to be written in plain sight as it were. The true meanings are hidden in allegory and I feel that the suggestion that Jesus was adopting out his Mother may be a modern interpretation and not what was meant. Having said that, such an  interpretation could certainly be taken as an argument in favour of the point of my recent post that the overall attitude of the Old Test at least, was downright sexist, and that Jesus adopting out his Mother reflected his own idea that the female only exists to serve the male. Although I could make good use of this logic I do not believe that it is true. Jesus was a respecter of all life and it was those who failed to do so equally, who were the focus of his anger.

Edited by dogonstar111, 09 January 2013 - 12:46 AM.


#14    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hi dogonstar111,

I respect your belief system. I am standing behind my posts, however. It is my journey, after all, and my main interest for this particular post is the New Testiment. As I have mentioned to Reann, "You will either get the voila feeling or you won't." My main point is far away from being literal, no doubt, especially since no one in this world has ever concocted it.

It's definitely original.

Thank you for the reply.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u, 09 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.


#15    dogonstar111

dogonstar111

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london

  • If you find yourself being played like a musical instrument make sure that you are not being fingered when you really want to be plucked

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 09 January 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

Hi dogonstar111,

I respect your belief system. I am standing behind my posts, however. It is my journey, after all, and my main interest for this particular post is the New Testiment. As I have mentioned to Reann, "You will either get the voila feeling or you won't." My main point is far away from being literal, no doubt, especially since no one in this world has ever concocted it.

It's definitely original.

Thank you for the reply.

Peace.

Paul
Thanks Paul. Respect is mutual. I have to say however that I do not have, or even wish to have, a belief system as such. Such systems tend to require one to own much excess baggage and enables stereotypical judgements and prejudices. It is my personal policy to try to explore any possibility that, in my judgement, is inspired by my own applied logic and exploration of ideas. I accept that the voyage is ongoing and continuous and that change has to be accepted throughout its course. I use no one doctrine to form the basis of my transient beliefs which makes me unidentifiable with any one group.

The only trouble is that we have had so many traps laid for us, with the main aim being to hide the truth and generate conflict by encouraging us to 'take sides' or 'sign up'. It appears to me that our true spirit has been contaminated and become manifest predominantly in men. Jesus is one of the men who has been born with the purity of his mother which is why he, and all of those identified as a possible successor, have been persecuted by the men whose interest it has always been to have war rather than peace.

Thank you.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users