Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

denied an abortion

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

These psychos will never listen to reason.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#17    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostHasina, on 15 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

The woman was seventeen weeks along, her symptoms seem to indicate she was miscarring but at the time the child's heart was still beating, this lead to the blood poisoning and then to a few of her organs failing. If the child had been removed when she requested it, it's believed she would have lived. Read the article and it explains it. There were two options, end up with two dead people, or have the woman live but abort her child. Which is murder?
Well... as I see it the abortion of a non - viable foetus is NOT murder. What IS murder is the part that the Roman Catholic Church imposes on Nation States in determining their Laws when it affects non- Catholics. Separation of Religion and State is what is at stake here - I do not want to be forced into accepting Hysterical, Jihadist - like, Christian doctrines when my own belief system believes them to be nothing more than subjugation of my own personal rights..
The Irish Govt needs to face Negligent Manslaughter charges, IMO

#18    trish1997

trish1997

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Abortion ...IS  a womans choice.......

No MAN anywhere on earth has a right to impose his thoughts, beliefs or anything else...
Even though I never chose to have one. ITS important that the choice would have been mine.

I'm not saying use it as birthcontrol...

People really need to take on their on life , and not worry so much about everyone elses .

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,194 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 15 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

No.  We should let the baby live.  Nobody forced the woman to become pregnant in the first place.
You didn't read the article did you?

#20    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,266 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostHasina, on 15 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

The woman was seventeen weeks along, her symptoms seem to indicate she was miscarring but at the time the child's heart was still beating, this lead to the blood poisoning and then to a few of her organs failing. If the child had been removed when she requested it, it's believed she would have lived. Read the article and it explains it. There were two options, end up with two dead people, or have the woman live but abort her child. Which is murder?
He is only saying it because he has nothing better to do. He is proberly a selfish ..

#21    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I don't know...Abortion is the killing of a baby, before it gets born, and it's of course immoral, but what should happen at cases like this? What i feel sorry most is her husband though...

Edited by CuriousGreek, 15 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#22    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 15 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

I don't know...Abortion is the killing of a baby, before it gets born, and it's of course immoral, but what should happen at cases like this? What i feel sorry most is her husband though...

No it isn't, at 17weeks, and failing , it would never have become a "baby". NO, it is not immoral unless we all have to subscribe to your own belief system.

I feel the most sorrow fior the death of a woman unecessarily because some despotic Religious Cult has managed to impose it's views on a nation of disparate believers.

#23    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 14 November 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

:'(
And this is what the GOP wants in the USA . Ugh. If men could get pregnant ,do ya think it would be legal ,EVERYWHERE ?

That is so true.

No.  We should let the baby live.  Nobody forced the woman to become pregnant in the first place.

Erm.. The baby was dying and taking the mother with it..... I don't see how the second part of what you said is relevant in any way.

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 15 November 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Abortion isn't a medical solution.  It's child murder.

How is it murder if the baby was going to die anyway?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#24    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

I wonder if the tune from the pro-lifers would change if it were themselves, or their spouse, laying there fighting for their life.
It's so damn easy having opinions about other peoples distress.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#25    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

The doctor's told her that the baby was dying.  They MADE her wait until the baby died before they would help her.  If they knew the baby was dying anyway and there was no way to save it, then they should have helped her.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#26    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostEllJay, on 15 November 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

I wonder if the tune from the pro-lifers would change if it were themselves, or their spouse, laying there fighting for their life.
Actually as I recall politicians who run on banning abortions for all instances have been caught getting their spouses abortions, either due to life threatening circumstances or just 'cause.
The only one that particularly sticks out was the instance of the Romney's that was made public during the elections.
  As for the earlier person, yes no one forced her to become pregnant. Likely she wanted the child, and would have attempted again if she hadn't died.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#27    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 15 November 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Abortion isn't a medical solution.  It's child murder.
do you really hold this barbaric medieval viewpoint ?if so stop decrying our muslim immigrant population for there medievel views on such things because if you really think a woman should be allowed to die in agony so a braindead babys heart can beat a little longer, you are no better(in fact worse)than they will ever be.

#28    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 15 November 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

do you really hold this barbaric medieval viewpoint ?if so stop decrying our muslim immigrant population for there medievel views on such things because if you really think a woman should be allowed to die in agony so a braindead babys heart can beat a little longer, you are no better(in fact worse)than they will ever be.

Yup.

What I don't get are the people who see the world as black & white.  You can disagree with abortions, but, this wasn't an abortion of an unwanted pregnancy...it was the fetus dying and not being able to be saved...so not only make the woman suffer physically, but mentally and emotionally?  What century are we in?

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#29    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 15 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

The Irish Govt needs to face Negligent Manslaughter charges, IMO

I agree.  Any Government which murders an innocent child needs to face the full weight of international law.

#30    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostEllJay, on 15 November 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

A lot of pro-lifers believe that it would be right to save the mother in this case.  Something similar happened to Rick Santorum's wife and she terminated the pregnancy.

http://sarahditum.co...political-womb/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users