Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Would you leave Earth or stay?

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#16    Druidus-Logos

Druidus-Logos

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

View PostHazzard, on 22 July 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

Like Eldorado said,... They might seem nice til your beyond Neptune. Then you realize (while they chew on your butt-cheeks) that Earth is just one of those interstellar "fast food" joints.

Again, this is illogical.

Nobody would cross interstellar space to ASK a sentient being to come with them so they could eat it at home.  I say this confidently.  Nobody.  It simply doesn't make sense.  If you wanted to, you could just take and breed them.

Edited by Druidus-Logos, 22 July 2010 - 01:13 PM.

~I am a dark melody of chaos and order, a shadowed figure painted upon the heavens of dusk.~
Censorship has always been used as a tool to subjugate minority ideas, regardless of validity.  Used to delegitimize certain points of view.  This kind of arbitary censorship will always be an injustice to humanity; it tries to brush ideas under the rug.  It forces the adoption of certain mainstream views, making it impossible to teach, learn, or speak about ideas that the censors disagree with.  This will always be unethical.

#17    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,240 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

View PostHazzard, on 22 July 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

Like Eldorado said,... They might seem nice til your beyond Neptune. Then you realize (while they chew on your butt-cheeks) that Earth is just one of those interstellar "fast food" joints.

I never said any such thing. I said the aliens would be better than the people who run earth right now.

I'd go in a heartbeat; once you've been here for over 40 years everything is kinda, "meh".

#18    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

I want my own planet, and would screen any and all other people for entrance based on a mental, physical, spiritual, morals, upbringing, genetic, and ethics test. I'd make it a paradise for those who gain entrance. :D

#19    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

It depends on their immigration policies, if it is anything like the UK's then no.. It would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire & I would like to see few photos of the alien chicks and their views on sex before marriage etc...

Edited to add: Can I take my Golf clubs?

Edited by Ohelemapit, 22 July 2010 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#20    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

View PostOhelemapit, on 22 July 2010 - 01:27 PM, said:

It depends on their immigration policies, if it is anything like the UK's then no.. It would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire & I would like to see few photos of the alien chicks and their views on sex before marriage etc...

Edited to add: Can I take my Golf clubs?

If they look like 95% of the alien babes from star trek then extra bonus...

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#21    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 22 July 2010 - 01:33 PM, said:

Knowing my luck mate, I would get stuck with the other 5%.

Posted Image

#22    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,240 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 22 July 2010 - 01:33 PM, said:

7 of 9
Dax
Kes
Ishara Yar

no time for Deanna Troi....i'd slap her...plus she can read your mind...........Noooooo!

#23    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

View PostOhelemapit, on 22 July 2010 - 01:37 PM, said:

Knowing my luck mate, I would get stuck with the other 5%.

No worries man that's what the Romulan ale is is for  ^_^  you won't remember a thing lol.

Come on Eldorado Troy was pretty yummy back in the day. However that mind reading thing would get me far to much trouble.

#24    AquaMerina

AquaMerina

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

• There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

I voted I would go , only if I could return to earth someday.

I find beauty in our planet every time I look at something or someone in it. This planet is our lifeboat in the great big universe.
The life on this planet, at this time, is unique and special, as we know of no other planet in the universe, that is anything like Earth.

Earth and all the life she holds, could be one in a trillion, or just one of a billion in a trillion. We don't know how unique or common the life on Earth is, yet.

I'd love to explore the universe and find out. What other life is out there and in what forms does it work? Just how big is the universe? How common is it for a planet to have life on it?  

The idea of being the only human on an alien spaceship, cruising around the universe, is thrilling and terrifying for me at the same time. There could just be so many differences, between our species and theirs, not just physically, but in thought and reasoning, communication and behaviour. It seems the possibility of unintentional offence would be high, on both sides.

I would hope that whoever these friendly E.T's are in this scenario, they would totally understand human behaviour. And help me to understand theirs.

I'd love to see their home planet and how they behave as a civilisation, and learn all that I could about everything I could.

But I'd have to be able to come back to earth at some point, while all the people I know and love are still here. I'd be really homesick after a while.

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.  ~Terry Josephson

#25    kelunexplained

kelunexplained

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Like someone else said I like Earth, but I just don't like many of the people on it. Even so though, I would want to come back to Earth at some point..I would also miss my family and stuff.

#26    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 22 July 2010 - 01:43 PM, said:

No worries man that's what the Romulan ale is is for  ^_^  you won't remember a thing lol.

Come on Eldorado Troy was pretty yummy back in the day. However that mind reading thing would get me far to much trouble.

I don't know man, her *** was pretty flat and pancake-y. She definitely needed to do some squats. lol

#27    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,400 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

Only if we could get NFL Ticket wherever we end up.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#28    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:40 PM

I'd go, but only if I can take the wife with. Nothing here worth staying for (or ever seeing again) other than her.

Edited by Moonie2012, 22 July 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#29    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

View PostSpiderCyde, on 22 July 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

I don't know man, her *** was pretty flat and pancake-y. She definitely needed to do some squats. lol

True dat but I had a thing for older women as a teen lol

#30    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

This is awesome! I really though the results of this poll would be inverted! (As in opposite of what they are)
I thought very few people would choose 'Go!'.
I guess the circles I travel in are not my kind of people! Ha ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users