Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Elementary school shooting

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#121    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 14 December 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

They probably just let him stroll right into the school, too.  He was the teacher's son, after all.

I'm watching live updates on Sky news..  I really cannot find any words to describe this.. it's just awful..  those poor people and the little toddlers.. MADNESS !!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#122    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostDrayno, on 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

This is a horrible tragedy...

Watch Obama spin this an enact anti-gun laws.

Goodbye second amendment, hello tyranny.

Public opinion is about to manipulated.. in the likes you have never seen before.

Wow someone does not understand history, the Constitution, our government, or any form of government...I bet I can guess what party they vote for but I do not want to stereotype....

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#123    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostCommunitarianKevin, on 14 December 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

I thought there was 2. One was dead and then there is the other one...or was that corrected?

One confirmed gunman(now dead) and another suspicious person found and arrested by police in the nearby woods dressed in camo. No report at this time if that person was also a shooter or even had a gun.
Likely connected though, of course.

#124    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostCommunitarianKevin, on 14 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Wow someone does not understand history, the Constitution, our government, or any form of government...I bet I can guess what party they vote for but I do not want to stereotype....

Don't even insinuate I'm a Republican.. You might as well stereotyped; I find that disrespectful.

I'm a political independent. I'm simply observing that this incident, as horrible as it is, will be used to further someone's agendas out there. You don't have to be a Democrat, or a Republican, or an Independent to figure that one out.. I'm sure I'm going to be further criticized for not acknowledging those kids deaths in every single one of my posts. I've spent the past hour, after finding out these kids deaths, praying for these kids - and I am not a religious person. I understand history, our Constitution, and our government well. I just chose not to repeat the last eight pages of posts.

Edited by Drayno, 14 December 2012 - 08:05 PM.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#125    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostDrayno, on 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Don't even insinuate I'm a Republican.. You might as well stereotyped. I find that disrespectful.

I'm a political independent. I'm simply observing that this incident, as horrible as it is, will be used to further someone's agendas out there. You don't have to be a Democrat, or a Republican, or an Independent to figure that one out.. I understand history, our Constitution, and our government pretty well.

Never said you were a Repub...I said I bet I can guess what party you voted for...Who did you vote for?
No, you do not understand the Second Amendment, what it means or how it came about. Nor do you understand the power of the president in our system and his ability to change the system we live in.

Edited by CommunitarianKevin, 14 December 2012 - 08:07 PM.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#126    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

UP DATE.. I just heard they have his younger brother in custody............I am waiting to find out why this happened..

#127    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

This article pissed me off:

Connecticut school shooting: Lawmakers offer prayers amid calls for gun control

Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York called for a “serious discussion about gun control.”
“Yet another unstable person has gotten access to firearms and committed an unspeakable crime against innocent children,” Nadler said in a statement.

*snip* You think this is the time to start pushing your politics? I'm tired of people blaming the guns instead of blaming the sick **** that would kill a bunch of kids. I'm only sorry the killer couldn't live to see the long, painful death he deserves.

Edited by Saru, 14 December 2012 - 08:23 PM.
Toned down obscenities

Posted Image

#128    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostDredimus, on 14 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

I fear that in the coming weeks that events like this will be more likely. As we are 6 days out from "The end of the world" such events will more than likely be on the rise. I am waiting to hear who the gunman was and what, if any, connection he may have truely had to the school. Everything is only speculation at this point.

I wondered about that as well, seems every nut job on the planet has came out this year.

View PostDarkwind, on 14 December 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

OMG's, this guy wake up this morning and put on his to do list, "Go to school and kill a bunch of babies."

Yeah, what the hell. can't even begin to understand why someone would do this.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#129    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostCoffey, on 14 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I wondered about that as well, seems every nut job on the planet has came out this year.

Yeah, what the hell. can't even begin to understand why someone would do this.

If you are close to the TV, stick Sky News on, they are firing out live updates as we post

#130    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

There is a deeper root problem within society that is causing these shootings. It should be discovered. I believe it is simply the inability to connect to others. Social bonds are being destroyed on all fronts by the march of progress. It began with industrialization and continues with modern social networking. The signs are all over, the animals are increasing on the highway, don't become one. These mass shootings are just ultimate expressions of that. Try holding a door open for someone in the city and get dirty looks or confusion from the person you are trying to help. Try proper introductions with many youths and stopping to get someone's name and say hi is a concept completely foreign to them.

Edited by I believe you, 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#131    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostCommunitarianKevin, on 14 December 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Who did you vote for?
No, you do not understand the Second Amendment, what it means or how it came about. Nor do you understand the power of the president in our system and his ability to change the system we live in.

Gary Johnson.

The second amendment is meant to be the safeguard of our Republic. My family fought in the American Revolution. I have a picture of the Minute Battalion of Culpeper County, Virginia on the wall directly above me... I'm a member of the Sons of the American Revolution... My family has fought in every major war. Do not insult me.

We have arms in order to defend our freedoms - which either come from our humanity, or come from our government - which side of the argument indicates your political views... We have arms in order to redress our government if we deem it fit - to abolish the power of those who do not do their job..

When people are going to talk about gun changes - which they will after this horrendous incident, legislation will be on the minds of some. The UN already has been on America's ass about restricting the sales of assault rifles.

Again, you don't need to be a genius to figure this out.

I rather not make this topic about politics, so I will relent here. Let's save this topic for the mourning of those poor souls departed from this earth on this terrible, terrible morning.

Edited by Drayno, 14 December 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#132    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Guys  I wish you would take your worry over politics elsewhere .  This thread is a tragic story.. Using it to yap over   * Oh our gun laws may suffer now *    .. Right now, people are more concerned  with the   actual story at hand..  not your worry over gun laws.. Give it a rest..

#133    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Guys  I wish you would take your worry over politics elsewhere .  This thread is a tragic story.. Using it to yap over   * Oh our gun laws may suffer now * .. Right now, people are more concerned  with the   actual story at hand..  not your worry over gun laws.. Give it a rest..

I rather not make this topic about politics, so I will relent here. Let's save this topic for the mourning of those poor souls departed from this earth on this terrible, terrible morning.

#134    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,283 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

This is beyond insane.

Edited by supervike, 14 December 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#135    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

If you are close to the TV, stick Sky News on, they are firing out live updates as we post

Thanks for the info, but I stopped paying ym TV license cause i never watch live TV anymore, use on demand stuff.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users