Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Next two debates should go to Obama

obama romney debate president election

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Obama lost fair and square. he was not strategizing as losing is the worst strategy ever...any loss of face is bad for politicians no matter how small.

how anyone can support obama after the last four years is confounding. he simply has not done enough. he has not kept his promises.

people support him for a variety of reasons.

1.  he gets the black vote because he is black and democrat. being democrat alone is enough to get that demographic, but being black is the icing on the cake. voting for someone because of race makes people racist in that it is discrimination against the other guy because he is not black.

2. he get the hispanic vote (66%) or something like that because he panders to them about handouts, immigration, and minority issues.

3. they just like him. (what a dumb reason)

4. he gets the gay and lesbian vote because he panders to them.

5. he gets the young people vote for some reason, i cant figure that one out.

6. he gets the movie star vote and promoting which is very attractive to the young people.

--the last two demographics are confusing because they are the least qualified to make political decisions...and we should vote the opposite of what these two groups like.

the minute romney gets elected the stock market will go up around the world 1000 points. but dont get me wrong, we still need the democrats to keep the repubs from outsourcing and getting rid of the unions. the unions are the only thing that will save america from working for walmart/target/homedepot for minimum wages.

i just dont like Obama's performance.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#17    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,293 posts

• ראה

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 10 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Left-Right Paradigm much?
Oh, no doubt this exists. If the slaves ever gain control, they'll ruin everything.

View PostBavarian Raven, on 10 October 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

erm...no he didn't. i'm pretty certain it was the navy seals who did that. all mr. o had to do was ok it. ;) minor difference.
The last I checked the U.S. military doesn't move without executive order. It was a good gamble.

As for the Navy Seals, God bless them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In horseracing, it's usually a better strategy to save some juice for the stretch run.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 10 October 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#18    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 10 October 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Oh, no doubt this exists. If the slaves ever gain control, they'll ruin everything.

The last I checked the U.S. military doesn't move without executive order. It was a good gamble.

I wonder if peeing on dead bodies, while posing for pictures was an executive order...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#19    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Next one should be interesting;

http://www.cbsnews.c...lite-in-debate/

President Obama on Tuesday acknowledged he wasn't at his best in last week's presidential debate, telling radio host Tom Joynerhe was "too polite" -- but the president pledged that "we're going to go ahead and win" the next one.

"I think it's fair to say I was just too polite, because, you know, it's hard to sometimes just keep on saying and what you're saying isn't true," the president said, when asked what happened at the debate. "It gets repetitive. But, you know, the good news is, is that's just the first one.

I got a feeling that doing an about face and trying to be a tough guy instead of polite in a town hall setting just might backfire in his face.

Edited by Socio, 10 October 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#20    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Unless Obama has a teleprompter...

Vote Gary Johnson!

#21    Kub4n

Kub4n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Broke and Famous

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

All Obama did was nail Osama . That's the highlight of his presidency , and the middle east is still in a **** storm he hasn't done anything but create more enemies and open us to attack. He is actively hoping to hollow out our military . You deserve everything that follows when he is re elected . You can't cure stupid

#22    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostKub4n, on 11 October 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

All Obama did was nail Osama . That's the highlight of his presidency , and the middle east is still in a **** storm he hasn't done anything but create more enemies and open us to attack. He is actively hoping to hollow out our military . You deserve everything that follows when he is re elected . You can't cure stupid
Strong first post.
I would argue the highlight of his presidency is Obamacare...though he has done things that are much better. The repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell is an example and it has made our military stronger. Obama is not in control of the ME. You cannot blame him for the issues there, that is obsurd. What new enemies has he created? He is hollowing out our military? How? We spend more on our military than then next 5 countries combined. You can't cure stupid...that is why we vote Obama.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#23    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,293 posts

• ראה

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

It will be very hard for Romney to win a populist election. He reminds me of the Wizard in Oz who puts on a good show, but there's no real magic in him. His only power is telling everyone what they want to hear.

It may take a terrible storm to wake U.S. up, but the real hero in the populist dream delivers confidence through education, and I trust Obama more than Romney to deliver on that promise.

As his comments about the 47% reveal, Romney floats off without taking U.S. all home.

Obama, on the other hand, his Mother was born in Kansas.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 11 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#24    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wish people would stop using the Osama thing, nobody even knows if it was Osama or not, we don't even have the first shred of physical evidence. Even Obama has distanced himself from it.

Edited by WoIverine, 11 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#25    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostKub4n, on 11 October 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

All Obama did was nail Osama . That's the highlight of his presidency , He is actively hoping to hollow out our military .

That is not the highlight of his presidency. If that's you you think, you are a misinformed citizen.

Our military can use some serious reduction (although Obama is doing no such thing). We spend more than nearly all other nations on earth. COMBINED!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,865 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 10 October 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

The first debate was way too early for Obama to begin his move, so his poor debate performance may actually have been tactical. It was also focused on domestic issues, and would clearly be the least likely for the President to win.

What rubbish.  Obama walked off that stage thinking he had won!  Do you know that?  Anywways, why would anyone perform in front of  national audience at such a poor level purposely?  You mean he purposely set himself back in the polls to come back strong later?  LMAO

Obama has a far better chance of beating Romney in the next two debates, because #2 will be a Town Meeting of undecideds in Hempstead, NY. That's Obamaland, and he'll have a better chance to appeal directly to the middle and lower classes. It's far better if the 47% issue is brought up by the people directly, and an impossible populist hole for Romney to climb out of.

Not sure if you are aware that undecideds generally vote for the challenger if they are undecided this late in the game.  It's like asking someone if he is going to get a divorce in a month and he tells you he hasn't decided.  Ring up the attorney.  BTW, I can't wait till he launches the 47% "zinger" in real time either, so Romney can tell the millions watching that the 47% he is talking about are the 47% that don't pay federal income taxes.

The third debate is on foreign policy. No matter what Romney says about Obama, he did nail Osama. It's a feather in his cap that no one can take away from him. The more dangerous Romney paints the world, the more it favors a sitting President. It should be Obama's best debate.

The only feathers Romney has are the yellow ones he pulled out of Big Bird in the first. He'll be lucky if he's not tarred and feathered with them.

I'd guess you'd like to pull this one back now.  :w00t:

Edited by Merc14, 11 October 2012 - 05:43 PM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#27    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Nicolae Carpathia could lose all three debates and still win on the 6th 6th 6th.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#28    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 11 October 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Nicolae Carpathia could lose all three debates and still win on the 6th 6th 6th.
But Nicolae wouldn't lose, cause he's just so suave. And that whole 'not an American' thing? Wouldn't be a problem when they hear him recite every state without looking at notes.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#29    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

The first debate was way too early for Obama to begin his move, so his poor debate performance may actually have been tactical. It was also focused on domestic issues, and would clearly be the least likely for the President to win.

Obama has a far better chance of beating Romney in the next two debates, because #2 will be a Town Meeting of undecideds in Hempstead, NY. That's Obamaland, and he'll have a better chance to appeal directly to the middle and lower classes. It's far better if the 47% issue is brought up by the people directly, and an impossible populist hole for Romney to climb out of.

The third debate is on foreign policy. No matter what Romney says about Obama, he did nail Osama. It's a feather in his cap that no one can take away from him. The more dangerous Romney paints the world, the more it favors a sitting President. It should be Obama's best debate.

The only feathers Romney has are the yellow ones he pulled out of Big Bird in the first. He'll be lucky if he's not tarred and feathered with them.

Yeah, keep thinking that.

Please Mr. President, keep talking about Big Bird and killing Osama Bin Ladin.  Please.  And be sure to throw in a healthy discussion of these new job numbers and a little birth control while your'e at it.

And yeah, please bring up foreign policy too - starting with Bhenghazi and his support of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Edited by Rafterman, 11 October 2012 - 06:09 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#30    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,293 posts

• ראה

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

The look on Romney's face when he greeted his wife upon leaving the stage, said it all. She was fearful, He was almost in tears.

Also tagged with obama, romney, debate, president, election

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users