Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Equilibrium

about:blank

There is a movie out with Christian Bale (the next Batman) called Equilibrium. The basic idea is that all wars and conflicts are created because of human emotion. By eliminating human emotion wars no longer exist, but it also rids humans of their ability to love, appreciate, or be creative. Everyone must inject a substance called Prozium to hinder their emotion.

I was just wondering what people thought of this movie. I don't think it did well in theaters, but it is an interesting concept. I don't really want to hear movie reviews, but how people feel about the idea. I think our world is headed to a similar place as the emotionless world in Equilibrium. Not quite as extreme. But with Antidepressants, Stimulant ADD medicines, and the government's ever so watchful eyes it could be questionable.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• about:blank

• Dowdy

• Shakezulah

• jpalz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched this movie about a year ago and can't really remeber much of it plot wise, I think the ending was a bit stupid or something if i recall but the action scenes were great and the director succeded well in creating an emotionless atmosphere throughout the film.

I thought Bale's performance was good and it was possibly based on this that he landed the batman role and was touted as the next bond, it also had Sean Bean in it and in my opinion that guy is yet to star in a bad movie

I thought it was a good movie. The story's alot like the one in farenheit 451.

I really enjoyed Equilibrium.

The gun Kata was cool too. gunsmilie.gif I like Mr Bale and think he's gonna make a pretty good Batman.

I hope he's put some weight on,he lost 60 pounds for the role in The Machinist,What dedication!!!!

post-6315-1118257736_thumb.jpg

Ooooh this movie rocks!! The concept is interesting, although like some guy posted up here is similar to Fahrenheit 451 (an awesome book, by the way). And the Gun Kata sequences ROCK!!! grin2.gif

I love this movie, it had short, but fabulous action scenes. The story was great and well played out. One of my fav movies. Also, i dont think this movie was ever even in theaters.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it had made the theaters, but I knew I didn't hear any hype about it. Is that Farenheit 451 a book, or a movie, or both. I may have to check it out. If anyone has read George Orwells 1984, I see some corresponding elements in Equilibrium.

I saw it it did parallel Farenheit 451, and 1984, it did appeal to me philosophically, but as a movie I did not really like it.

It's one of my fave movies... Christian Bale is awesome in it but then again, he is awesome in everything. It also has the great Sean Bean in it... The story is good, the gun kata, which director Kurt Wimmer created in his backyard, is really cool, the direction is good...

Yeah I wasn't sure if it had made the theaters, but I knew I didn't hear any hype about it. Is that Farenheit 451 a book, or a movie, or both. I may have to check it out. If anyone has read George Orwells 1984, I see some corresponding elements in Equilibrium.

It is inspried by 1984 and Farenheit 451. 1984, as you may already know is a book and has been done as a movie but Farenheit 451 is a short story by Ray Bradbury. It has been adapated to movie before in 1966 but is been remade by Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile)

I think it was only given a limited release which means it was only in a select number of theaters and not given a lot of promotion. But I do know that the studio pulled out a lot of the money they had put towards promotion/advertising but I can't remember why..

I remember when I went to see, I think it was Spider-Man they had a Equilibrium trailer and it had Bale in his white suit kicking ass and I thought it was a Matrix ripoff... How wrong I was.

Anyway as for the idea behind Equilibrium, I don't think we will ever get like that but it is interesting none the less.

Edited by TheCrow

Thanks for all the info Crow, you know your stuff.

I LOVED Equilibrium! The movie was awesome! I don't remember hearing about it when it was in theatres. but my cousin told me I just HAD to watch it, so he bought it for me. I love my cousin.

I reckon this was a great film!

The gun fights were really cool and the acting was great. Definitely not a matrix ripoff but can be compared to it - better than matrix 2 & 3

I'm trying to find it on DVD, can't find it in stores

I dunno if you can find it, but if you can't, Bittorrent is a good solution. original.gif

no need. i found it on the weekend.

Great film. Love the action sequences!

sucha tight movie... i luved the part when he was in the lot or somewhere and he shoots all the swat guys when they asked him to open his trunk.. and the dog was in their... gooood movie!!!

haha yeah he just flips around the shotguns and shoots the 2 officers in the face! I love that part.

I thought the two glowing gun barrells after the first gun scene were very cool. The actual gun fight was poorly done. I also enjoyed the pistol whipping scene. Especially when he cracks the face guard.