Photo

Ancient Aliens and the "Extradimensional Bigfoot Theory"

Posted by Supersquatch , in The Paranormal, UFOs and aliens, Cryptozoology/Cryptobotany 23 June 2013 · 636 views

bigfoot
This article was originally published on March 25, 2012 at http://www.supersqua...oot-theory.html

Ancient Aliens is a series on the History Channel (and H2) claiming that the "ancient astronaut" theory is true. (Sounds like Scientology to me…) I am personally amazed how such a program got onto the channel at all, but when I check my guide to see what’s on, I’m further surprised by Pawn Stars and Top Shot. An episode of Ancient Aliens aired last Friday night (called “Aliens and Bigfoot”) that claimed Bigfoot was an extradimensional, paranormal entity.

The "extradimensional Bigfoot theory" was proposed by Jon-Erik Beckjord. It maintains that Bigfoot has come to Earth from another universe or dimension and can disappear to other dimensions through wormholes (like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland). There is no evidence suggesting his claim is reasonable science. In fact, throughout his life, Beckjord's unorthodox theories were the cause of his ridicule, being called a fringe theorist and his ideology no more than pseudoscience. However, pseudoscience has no scientific evidence, yet it is usually considered a "scientific" theory by dissentients. I think that fits what the "extradimensional Bigfoot" theory is pretty well.

In regards to the Ancient Aliens program, the episode alleged the same things Beckjord said: that Bigfoot is an extradimensional entity. I sat through most of it, but was really overwhelmed about two-thirds the way through and just quit. The show first talked about history through scriptures and stories. I wouldn't like to find evidence in any historic scripture, especially because of the unreliability of the Bible. And definitely not when any of these scriptures actually describe a Bigfoot-like creature at all. From the Bible, Ancient Aliens says that Goliath was a Bigfoot, although Goliath was supposedly a giant human. Merlin from Knights of the Round Table was a wizard. Historical reference isn't as reliable as you may think.

Another argument the episode had was that Bigfoot was the product of hybridization between humans and apes, breeding between humans and apes that happened naturally in the wild without any intervention. I think that maybe we all need to go back to fourth grade science class. From Wikipedia: "A species is often defined as a group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring." (Any member of the same species can breed within that species with an individual of opposite sex and produce offspring that can, in turn, produce more offspring.) The definition of a genus is a group of species all alike, that are more closely related to each other than to other genera. Sometimes, different species within the same genus can breed and make sterile offspring (like most ligers and mules) with human intervention; however, two species of different genera cannot breed together, as that is a physical impossibility. Not even human intervention could make this happen.

Also proposed in the program was that Bigfoot was here on Earth before humans, and that humans are really just Bigfoot and alien hybrids. Too bad "ancient astronaut" theorists have never heard of evolution. Genomic studies in primates and humans have found that over 95% of DNA in humans matches the genomic structure of chimpanzees, where the other 5% would be evolutionary changes amounted since the departure from the chimpanzee lineage six-to-seven million years ago.

Even if Bigfoot exists, we should accept it as a product of biological evolution and as an animal in nature. I’m a rationalist and would like to explain things before we propose something as preposterous as the “extradimensional Bigfoot” theory.

QuiteContrary
Jun 25 2013 12:34 AM
"Even if Bigfoot exists, we should accept it as a product of biological evolution and as an animal in nature. I’m a rationalist and would like to explain things before we propose something as preposterous as the “extradimensional Bigfoot theory."     Ditto.

Imo,  these preposterous theories are created to supply the answers to Bigfoot's preposterous behavior and incredible avoidance tactics: Blurry images, no dead bodies, or injured ones, single footprint tracks, 10-foot giant just "disappearing" into the brush, no confirmed sleeping dens, etc etc

P.S. I learn some pretty neat history on Pawn Stars. Some great items with historical significance get brought in.

Supersquatch
Jun 25 2013 07:37 PM

QuiteContrary, on 25 June 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

"Even if Bigfoot exists, we should accept it as a product of biological evolution and as an animal in nature. I’m a rationalist and would like to explain things before we propose something as preposterous as the “extradimensional Bigfoot theory." Ditto.

How is it a Ditto?

Imo,  these preposterous theories are created to supply the answers to Bigfoot's preposterous behavior and incredible avoidance tactics: Blurry images, no dead bodies, or injured ones, single footprint tracks, 10-foot giant just "disappearing" into the brush, no confirmed sleeping dens, etc etc

​I know, but it seems too far fetched.

P.S. I learn some pretty neat history on Pawn Stars. Some great items with historical significance get brought in.

Sometimes, Pawn Stars is educational. Sometimes.

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    adderiexola
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo