Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

huge black dog


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Actually... there was a misscaraige in my home around this time.. I cant be certain exactly because it was so long ago but perhaps it was that.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#17    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

And this... black shuck

Says it is a cryptid... omg I would never know about cryptid except for this website. I never heard the term before. Guess I posted in the right forum.

http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Black_Shuck

I also used to see very small and rapidly moving shadow cats.. some would be white and some would be black. I saw these very frequently.. I wonder if these are documented cryptids too? Let me know anyone out there if you know about them or have seen them. Thanks for your help guys.



The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#18    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Joined:14 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Coventry,UK

  • you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:



did you know it is a fact that people experience the paranormal and then make up stories about how they didnt see what they actually saw?
I don't think this is a fact. For it to be a fact there would have to absolute proof of the paranormal to begin with...there isn't. If there is no proof a rational person would desensationalise and look for a mundane day to day explanation rather than saying it is definitely a ghost or whatever because it almost definitely is not. If you want people to tell you it's black shuck or whatever then say so. But we're not all just going to agree with that assessment because it is highly unlikely. Too many rational minds here for it to be that easy I'm afraid.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#19    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

View Postfatbadger2, on 16 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

I don't think this is a fact. For it to be a fact there would have to absolute proof of the paranormal to begin with...there isn't. If there is no proof a rational person would desensationalise and look for a mundane day to day explanation rather than saying it is definitely a ghost or whatever because it almost definitely is not. If you want people to tell you it's black shuck or whatever then say so. But we're not all just going to agree with that assessment because it is highly unlikely. Too many rational minds here for it to be that easy I'm afraid.

There is absolute proof... a lot of it too.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#20    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Joined:14 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Coventry,UK

  • you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:



There is absolute proof... a lot of it too.
I think at this point we should agree to disagree. I don't have the time to get into another 'what constitutes proof' discussion. I hope you find whatever answer your looking for.

Edited by fatbadger2, 16 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#21    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View Postfatbadger2, on 16 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I think at this point we should agree to disagree. I don't have the time to get into another 'what constitutes proof' discussion. I hope you find whatever answer your looking for.

Lol I wondered what you were gonna say to that. Good call!

*hand shakes*

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,150 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 16 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Actually... there was a misscaraige in my home around this time.. I cant be certain exactly because it was so long ago but perhaps it was that.
It is possible, even people who don't believe in the Paranormal will confess it is possible that somewhere you heard something about the black dog and then subcontiously made yourself see it after the traumatizing event. There is little chance you can make them believe you saw it Before.... Or that it was real....

Being a Christian, I do believe in prophetic incidents... visions, words, sounds.... and this could easily fall into such a catagory.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:


It is possible, even people who don't believe in the Paranormal will confess it is possible that somewhere you heard something about the black dog and then subcontiously made yourself see it after the traumatizing event. There is little chance you can make them believe you saw it Before.... Or that it was real....

Being a Christian, I do believe in prophetic incidents... visions, words, sounds.... and this could easily fall into such a catagory.

Yeah I believe if you see it then youve seen it. All this subconcious thought stuff I think is just those who never experienced it or lie to themselves so they dont have to face what theyve seen... my brother saw an army of dead soldiers walking down the street but says it is just chemicals in his head that made him see it. I dont agree. I saw the ghost of someone I knew the morning after they died (she appeared solid) before I even knew she was dead... I know my subconcious mind couldn't do that... so looking at the larger picture I have to believe what I saw was real AND others have seen the same thing..   thanks for your reply, I believe in these things too.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#24    oddiumxwanderus

oddiumxwanderus

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Kokiri Forest

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostMedium Brown, on 16 January 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Who's to say it wasn't  a Rottweiler that was given growth hormones.

I once thought I saw an enourmous dog in my backyard, when I called to my mother to come look & we both peeked out the window, it was totally a black bear. Had it not been for the second glance, I believe up until this day I would swear up & down it was some kind of canine, very valid point you have there. Not to discredit any possibilities, just saying.

Sit down before fact as a child, prepare to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly to whatever abyss Nature leads or you shall learn nothing

#25    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined:27 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lost in space without a paddle. ( or any PU-238)

  • let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Three years ago I had a bear walk through my yard at roughly 2 am, I was stone cold sober just getting home from work and pulled into the drive and there is a big black something standing in the drive. then it looked at me. and it was a black bear. I live in north seattle and the same week i saw the bear there was one spotted in ballard and another spotted in shoreline. I am NOT saying that is what you saw, black bears do not stand ten feet tall even when standing on their back legs ( more like seven to eight feet) , but yes we do see bears in the Seattle city limits from time to time. all the various bear sightings During That week were on TV news constantly ( During the proper seasons I Hunt Black Bears, so yes i know what they look like.) Back when i was a kid 35 to 40 years ago i would see some big canines wandering the streets in the early morning hours when i delivered papers Here in Seattle. there was this one ( sort of friendly) rottweiler  who would walk up to me every morning  sniff me then walk away. granted i was not quite 5' tall at the time but it could look me in the eyes.   once i started bringing dog treats  It accepted them without harming me. it never made a sound and i never figured out where it lived.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 17 January 2013 - 03:34 AM.


#26    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 17 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Three years ago I had a bear walk through my yard at roughly 2 am, I was stone cold sober just getting home from work and pulled into the drive and there is a big black something standing in the drive. then it looked at me. and it was a black bear. I live in north seattle and the same week i saw the bear there was one spotted in ballard and another spotted in shoreline. I am NOT saying that is what you saw, black bears do not stand ten feet tall even when standing on their back legs ( more like seven to eight feet) , but yes we do see bears in the Seattle city limits from time to time. all the various bear sightings During That week were on TV news constantly ( During the proper seasons I Hunt Black Bears, so yes i know what they look like.) Back when i was a kid 35 to 40 years ago i would see some big canines wandering the streets in the early morning hours when i delivered papers Here in Seattle. there was this one ( sort of friendly) rottweiler  who would walk up to me every morning  sniff me then walk away. granted i was not quite 5' tall at the time but it could look me in the eyes.   once i started bringing dog treats  It accepted them without harming me. it never made a sound and i never figured out where it lived.

Cool story but this was in S. Seattle and wasnt a bear. My grandma had a bear break in her house and raid her refridgerator but she lived in the mountains.. little off topic but thats alright I guess. Ill probably repost the cat stuff later and see if I get any replies or insights. I already found out about the dog... cool to find out ppl experienced the same.. learned something new cant complain about that.


Peace all

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#27    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

    SandersonHapgood

  • Banned
  • 3,491 posts
  • Joined:23 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 17 January 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Cool story but this was in S. Seattle and wasnt a bear. My grandma had a bear break in her house and raid her refridgerator but she lived in the mountains.. little off topic but thats alright I guess. Ill probably repost the cat stuff later and see if I get any replies or insights. I already found out about the dog... cool to find out ppl experienced the same.. learned something new cant complain about that.


Peace all
Thanks for sharing SpiritWriter. I've included your story in Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#28    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostRewlahool, on 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing SpiritWriter. I've included your story in Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

Ok but next time can you ask first..

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#29    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,340 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ok and I see it is still on this site :) this was not two legged btw

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#30    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

    SandersonHapgood

  • Banned
  • 3,491 posts
  • Joined:23 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Ok and I see it is still on this site :) this was not two legged btw
They have four legs, but can stand on their hind legs. Some species seem to have learnt how to walk on two legs as well, a.k.a "big hairy man type cryptid"

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users