Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien & time travel

manz

As per Steven Greer : Aliens/UFOs do travel faster that light, Does that mean they time travel too? and If so, we would be able to obtain their tech and go to past/future by using their UFO??

As per Steven Greer : Aliens/UFOs do travel faster that light, Does that mean they time travel too? and If so, we would be able to obtain their tech and go to past/future by using their UFO??

The short answer...NO

The long answer...Space ships can not move faster than light. As the velocity of an object closes in on the speed of light it gains mass. The greater the mass, the greater the gravity an object has. If an object were to reach the speed of light it would have infinite mass making it, for lack of a better term, a black hole. The occupants would be crushed by the gravity.

• Like 1

Greer says a lot of things. I have worked for the government, including on DARPA projects, and the way this guy talks about his "experiences", it's as though he's reciting an elaborate story. The way the government goes about black projects is that of complete compartmentalization. You will have a large group of people, each with their own piece of the puzzle, working towards a common goal without any of them having the full story. He goes off as though he knew everything about what was going on, and people were telling him all sorts of things, which is BS. They ALL would have had a small piece of info to work on, and neither would have the whole story, and they would have all been sworn to secrecy from discussing it with their co-workers. His story has absolutely no official government procedure. The guy is a pathological liar.

• Like 3

The short answer...NO

The long answer...Space ships can not move faster than light. As the velocity of an object closes in on the speed of light it gains mass. The greater the mass, the greater the gravity an object has. If an object were to reach the speed of light it would have infinite mass making it, for lack of a better term, a black hole. The occupants would be crushed by the gravity.

I agree with this the universe has set laws that cannot be broken in my opinion.

• Like 1

Greer says a lot of things. His story has absolutely no official government procedure. The guy is a pathological liar.

I agree with most of your post #3, but regarding Steven Greer, II don't believe he's a pathological liar. JMHO. ;)

The short answer...NO

Space is awful big, we don't know what kind of minerals or resources may be out there that could make an exotic form of propulsion or have odd or negating effects on gravity...

There are a lot of things we don't know, if they're way ahead of us technologically speaking, then odds are they've solved a lot of problems that we can't get past. While there is nothing in the known laws of physics that says you can't time travel......then who can say?

My own pet theory is that some of the UFO's we see and are reported might be time travelers from our past, that is our future selves trying to get a better handle on historical events rather than aliens. Yeah, I know that's kind of out there, but when you consider the technological advances we've made in the last two hundred years, can you imagine what we might do in another two thousand? We've gone from horse and buggy to sending robots to Mars and probes into deep space.........in another two thousand years? Who knows?

Just food for thought.

Space is awful big, we don't know what kind of minerals or resources may be out there that could make an exotic form of propulsion or have odd or negating effects on gravity...

Very true........ we have only our limited knowledge to draw from. There are many unknowns which could make gravity wobble or just dissappear.
  • Like 1

I remember a science teacher of mine said it was impossible to time travel into the future because it doesn't exist...and if it did, would it constantly be changing due to our actions? Are there a million futures based on what we do to change it? How can we know which one we'll end up into, and due to the action of time traveling, will that future change too? Can you change what future you'll travel to?

Confusing. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I remember a science teacher of mine said it was impossible to time travel into the future because it doesn't exist...and if it did, would it constantly be changing due to our actions? Are there a million futures based on what we do to change it? How can we know which one we'll end up into, and due to the action of time traveling, will that future change too? Can you change what future you'll travel to?

Thats a good point, so you wouldnt be able to travel to the year 2040 because it hasnt happened yet. I saw this thing on this show once and this guy said technically If time travel were possible and you made a machine for it, you would only be able to go back in time to the point you actually turned the machine on.

When speaking of time travel it always boggles my mind not to mention the paradoxes you would have to watch out for.

Thats a good point, so you wouldnt be able to travel to the year 2040 because it hasnt happened yet. I saw this thing on this show once and this guy said technically If time travel were possible and you made a machine for it, you would only be able to go back in time to the point you actually turned the machine on.

When speaking of time travel it always boggles my mind not to mention the paradoxes you would have to watch out for.

Yeah. There are practically hundreds if not thousands of paradoxes than can happen due to time travel. To try to explain just one paradox:

If you travel back into the past, what if you meet yourself? What would past-you do? What would present-you do? What if past-you decides not to time travel? What happens to present-you? Will you cease to exist? And we've mentioned that technically, the future doesn't exist. So would the future not exist for past-you? Then how would present-you exist? Would present-you simply not exist? Will there be a million present-you's from a million futures? Is the future for past-you the same for present-you? What if you interact? Would this change the future for past-you? Would if change the future for present-you? How would the future change? Would present-you change? What if present-you does cease to exist? How does that effect past-you? Would past-you cease to exist too? Would all of the you's cease to exist from the timeline?

Wow. My brain is trying to escape from my skull.

I agree with this the universe has set laws that cannot be broken in my opinion.

Are they the universe's laws or mans laws? I'm not convinced that humans are ready yet to speak on behalf of God.

• Like 1

Are they the universe's laws or mans laws? I'm not convinced that humans are ready yet to speak on behalf of God.

Yet we invented him.

It is my belief that the Laws talked about here are man's laws. not nature's laws in it's truest form nature is a ballence. ( when man isn't around to eff it up) what goes up must come down, life is followed by death and death feeds the life around it, summer is eventually followed by winter and winter is eventually followed by summer. Using this ballence as my unproveable defense, Time cannot go forward if something isn't going backwards.

I hope time travel is real and will soon be available whether by faster than light speed or electromagnetic wormholes because i would like to some day go back in time and see woodstock, i was to young the first time.

Well said..... my thoughts exactly

No doubt the speed of light cannot be broken.

"thou shalt not exceed the speed of light!"

That said though, i see no reason why an advanced civilisation could not utilise the folding of space/time and by pass this critical law. After all, the universe itself is expanding faster than light (under different circumstances of course - it's expanding into non space/time etc..)

Everyone should read 'A Universe from Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss to gain a basic (or complex!) understanding of the mechanics of the universe.

The short answer...NO

Is that Theory?

It is my belief that the Laws talked about here are man's laws. not nature's laws in it's truest form nature is a ballence. ( when man isn't around to eff it up) what goes up must come down, life is followed by death and death feeds the life around it, summer is eventually followed by winter and winter is eventually followed by summer. Using this ballence as my unproveable defense, Time cannot go forward if something isn't going backwards.

I hope time travel is real and will soon be available whether by faster than light speed or electromagnetic wormholes because i would like to some day go back in time and see woodstock, i was to young the first time.

I do feel its real and quiet possible , one more doubt is where will you feel your consciousness your present or future or past, if u happen to look at your past its just like another entity -so it makes it more confusing as in relation to which one is real

There is a theory of physics that says the future is impossible to go to because it simply hasn't happened yet and it's not carved in stone. Changes and choices here in this time effect it's outcome, which makes sense. However travel from the future to the past would be possible because it's happened and is defined. However there's a bit of a glitch so to speak and that has to do with position. The Earth rotates and at the same time orbits a star which is moving through space. So it isn't just time but position in space as well, If you simply go back in time without compensating for all those constants then you could find yourself hanging in space.

• Like 1

Yeah. There are practically hundreds if not thousands of paradoxes than can happen due to time travel. To try to explain just one paradox:

If you travel back into the past, what if you meet yourself? What would past-you do? What would present-you do? What if past-you decides not to time travel? What happens to present-you? Will you cease to exist? And we've mentioned that technically, the future doesn't exist. So would the future not exist for past-you? Then how would present-you exist? Would present-you simply not exist? Will there be a million present-you's from a million futures? Is the future for past-you the same for present-you? What if you interact? Would this change the future for past-you? Would if change the future for present-you? How would the future change? Would present-you change? What if present-you does cease to exist? How does that effect past-you? Would past-you cease to exist too? Would all of the you's cease to exist from the timeline?

Wow. My brain is trying to escape from my skull.

Not to mention the grandfather paradox, saying if you go into the past and kill your grandfather before he met your grandmother what would happen to you, because if they never met they never had your mother who had you. Its kind of like Doctor Who said “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.” :tu: :tu:

Yeah, everyone talks about the Granfather paradox like it's a forgone conclusion that if you go back in time you have to kill your granfather.

......but seriously, why would you do that?

Yeah, everyone talks about the Granfather paradox like it's a forgone conclusion that if you go back in time you have to kill your granfather.

......but seriously, why would you do that?

I think its just used to explain some of the things that could happen, why you would kill your grandfather I have no Idea. :tu:

simple Senario

Accidents happen, you get in a car wreck and the other driver is killed, or a chariot accident and the other driver is killed

there are two theories and no one knows which is correct or if either are correct

1) in said accident you kill someone be it truely an accident or intentional and there by change the future from that point on.

OR

2) you are suppost to go back, have the accident, and kill someone But when you go back, somehow you manage to avoid the accident no one dies and therefore you change the history you know into something you don't know if you go back what has already happened and therefore must happen so that nothing will change, and what has Not happened and cannot happen without changing everything, most people perfer to use the grandfather version as a warning. when in truth you cannot know what will happen until it has happened and you have gone back to when you came from to check it out, of course by then it is to late and the paradox is in effect ( if you killed your grandfather in that accident.... is therefore thought to be the best way to warn people not to mess with time. )

Edited by mysticwerewolf

simple Senario

Accidents happen, you get in a car wreck and the other driver is killed, or a chariot accident and the other driver is killed

there are two theories and no one knows which is correct or if either are correct

1) in said accident you kill someone be it truely an accident or intentional and there by change the future from that point on.

OR

2) you are suppost to go back, have the accident, and kill someone But when you go back, somehow you manage to avoid the accident no one dies and therefore you change the history you know into something you don't know if you go back what has already happened and therefore must happen so that nothing will change, and what has Not happened and cannot happen without changing everything, most people perfer to use the grandfather version as a warning. when in truth you cannot know what will happen until it has happened and you have gone back to when you came from to check it out, of course by then it is to late and the paradox is in effect ( if you killed your grandfather in that accident.... is therefore thought to be the best way to warn people not to mess with time. )

Very well said