Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mahmoud Abbas: "Jesus was 'Palestinian"

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Abbas in Christmas message: Jesus was 'Palestinian messenger,' role model

'We celebrate Christmas in Bethlehem under occupation,' the Palestinian Authority president said in his statement from Ramallah, reiterating commitment to peace deal.

http://www.haaretz.c...e-east/1.564989

The Palestinian national narrative is built upon denying the Jewish connection to the land. They claim all sorts of bogus claims about history, but this one actually made me think: does this mean that the Palestinians finally recognizes that Jews lived in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth, all part of what they claim to be "eternal" Palestine since times immemorial, 2000 years ago? :P

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,202 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

If he thinks Jesus was a role model, then he's going about following that role model all wrong.
The man wouldn't throw a rock let alone a Molotov Cocktail.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Is he hiding nuts or just plain nuts?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Sir Wearer of Hats, on 25 December 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

If he thinks Jesus was a role model, then he's going about following that role model all wrong.
The man wouldn't throw a rock let alone a Molotov Cocktail.
John 2:15. He'd braid a whip and toss a table though.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,166 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

RedSquirrel, on 25 December 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Or bear a shameful Roman cross though he didn't have to ... and that WAS for peace.  For us all.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Is he hiding nuts or just plain nuts?

• 1,001 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

and then, on 26 December 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Or bear a shameful Roman cross though he didn't have to ... and that WAS for peace.  For us all.
I agree. I do not think of Him as a violent Man, but one who would do what needed to be done to clean up His Father's house.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,202 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

RedSquirrel, on 25 December 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Braiding a whip is a good way to make you fingers more nimble.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,316 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

RedSquirrel, on 26 December 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

I agree. I do not think of Him as a violent Man, but one who would do what needed to be done to clean up His Father's house.
Like the Golden Rule, Separation of Church and State, turning the other cheek, and letting he who's without sin cast the first stone.   Not a whole lot for Zionist ideology to choose from there.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,166 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yamato, on 27 December 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Like the Golden Rule, Separation of Church and State, turning the other cheek, and letting he who's without sin cast the first stone.   Not a whole lot for Zionist ideology to choose from there.
Yes, and not a single one applies to your beloved Palis either - so your point would be?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,316 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

and then, on 27 December 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Yes, and not a single one applies to your beloved Palis either - so your point would be?
Why would I insist or expect non-Christians to act Christian?  That's your job!  How many of those teachings do you emulate?   None.   Christianity-FAIL.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,316 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

"We celebrate Christmas in Bethlehem under occupation" said Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,316 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Erikl, on 25 December 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

The Palestinian national narrative is built upon denying the Jewish connection to the land. They claim all sorts of bogus claims about history, but this one actually made me think: does this mean that the Palestinians finally recognizes that Jews lived in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth, all part of what they claim to be "eternal" Palestine since times immemorial, 2000 years ago? :P
Ancient maps prove otherwise.

Posted Image

#12    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,898 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

~

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#13    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yamato, on 27 December 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Ancient maps prove otherwise.

Posted Image

Source?

Also, look at the date, at the bottom - "c. 100 A.D.".

c. = circa, which is not wrong, since the Romans eradicated Judea off the maps after the Roman-Jewish War of 135 A.D., and renamed it to Philistia (which was only the Philistine cities on the southern shore). They later incorporated it into already existing Roman province of Syria to the north.

The Philistine were not Palestinians, they were a greek speaking people from Crete who colonized the southern shore. They disappeared (probably exiled) after the Babylonian took over the area around the 6th century BC. To the Greeks, who dealt a lot with the Philistines, this thin shoreline was still named Philistia. The Romans, familiar with Jewish narrative, especially chose the name Palestina (Philistia in Latin) both to humiliate the Jews (that their land is now named after their arch-nemesis from the old testament) and also to eradicate any Jewish association with the land.

On the other hand, these are map of ancient Judah, which was an independent kingdom for almost 500 years with few centuries of foreign occupations. since at least 930 BC until 135 A.D is was named Judah/Judea/Iudea/Yehuda. It was also named like that while under foreign occupations of Babylonians, Persians, Greeks and Romans. It is where the Jewish people, and ethno-religious group, was created, where it's formative years were passed, and the last place it flourished culturally and spiritually and not as a persecuted, marginal minority.

Kingdom of Judah - 930 B.C - 586 B.C:

Posted Image

Yehud-Medinata ("State of Judea" in Aramaic), after the Cyrus declaration, as part of the Persian empire - 539 B.C - 332 B.C (in pink):

Posted Image

Hasmonean Kingdom of Judah, 140-37 B.C (independent kingdom):

Posted Image

Herodian Kingdom of Judah, still independent, but a client kingdom of the Romans, 37 BC - 4 BC:

Posted Image

Iudea Province, part of the Roman empire, until 135 A.D:

Posted Image

The reasons you call it Palestine is because of Roman influence on the Western culture. This is the same reason why you call Germany that way (the Romans call it "Germania").

Perhaps some of the Palestinians are descendant of ancient Jews. But they have lost any connection to that heritage and are now part of the same ethnic group that constitutes the majority which encompass the entire middle east, from Morocco to Iraq, that is - Sunni Muslim Arab/Arabized people. This ethnic group has 22 separate states. Now they want a 23. No problem, just stop denying other people the right to their historical places.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#14    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

If this nonsense and bullsiht ends up causing one of my children to have to go fight in that wasteland, I'm going to be extremely upset.

#15    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Psychic Spy

• 1,574 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Maybe he ( Abbas ) said this just to heat up things. Well, most likely he did. I think so because we in Bosnia and Herzegovina are constantly bombarded with things that heat up ethnic relationships - only reason behind it is to divide and rule ( old and prooven strategy - best one ) - 2% of leaders enjoy life while rest of people fight to earn enough for living. And i must mention, we celebrate all holidays together, no matter who follow what religion. Its called respect and only from respect there can be happines and success.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users