Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What is the cure for almost constant anguish?

depression animal abuse

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Cybele

• 11,668 posts

• A farce to be reckoned with!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Recently there have been several topics in UM that have particularly troubled me. They were about animal misuse and abuse. They immediately made me feel really down and they played on my mind. I am 60, and this abuse of animals(and humans too), seems neverending ..... it seems to have been around forever. The sheer number of miserable, pain-filled lives around the world, overwhelms me. It seems that even when some horror lessens or even stops altogether, a new one appears somewhere else. Sometimes it feels as if there will never be an end to the new horrors and tortures that humans can think up and then inflict upon the weak. It makes me feel as if I don't belong here and that the only time I will have relief is when I am dead.

So what I am asking for help with is this: how do I learn to cope, on a daily basis, with this excruciating anguish that, on occasion, makes me feel almost suicidal?

Edited by ouija ouija, 03 October 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Sometimes, Life's Tapestry is not so much rich as ripped. Although on reflection, I guess it can be both. :)

#2    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

The cure for the worlds pain is more people like YOU.
Hold onto that because it's so important.
Keep being you!

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Always remember that there are fewer of these people then there are people like you, people who care not only about others, but about all life.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 15,322 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I know what you mean ouija.  I recently saw a very beautiful film titled Samsara http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770802/ This movie goes all over the world showing many things ranging from natural wonders, beautiful ceremonies and dancing, human suffering, different cultures many many many things, all presentend visually with no naration in 70mm.  One of the more troubling things in the film were a series of scenes that showed chinese food proccesing factories.  Oh to be incarnated as one of those chickens :cry:

Don't let that put you off of the film though, it's very great and shows you the good and the bad.  It also gives you an idea of just how many people there are.  At the end we all just sat there going whoa!  The first really cohesive thought I had was 'what was God thinking?'

I guess we all have to exist in our own microcosms of the macrocosm and do what we can and hope that others will do the same.

But chin up ouija, don't let the world get you too down.

Edited by OverSword, 03 October 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#5    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Cybele

• 11,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 03 October 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

The cure for the worlds pain is more people like YOU.
Hold onto that because it's so important.
Keep being you!

View PostHasina, on 03 October 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Always remember that there are fewer of these people then there are people like you, people who care not only about others, but about all life.
Thank you both. I know what you say is true, it's just that I can't seem to keep those thoughts uppermost in my mind ...... they are so easily overwhelmed by the weight of the bad things.

Sometimes, Life's Tapestry is not so much rich as ripped. Although on reflection, I guess it can be both. :)

#6    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Cybele

• 11,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 October 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

I know what you mean ouija.  I recently saw a very beautiful film titled Samsara http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770802/ This movie goes all over the world showing many things ranging from natural wonders, beautiful ceremonies and dancing, human suffering, different cultures many many many things, all presentend visually with no naration in 70mm.  One of the more troubling things in the film were a series of scenes that showed chinese food proccesing factories.  Oh to be incarnated as one of those chickens :cry:

Don't let that put you off of the film though, it's very great and shows you the good and the bad.  It also gives you an idea of just how many people there are.  At the end we all just sat there going whoa!  The first really cohesive thought I had was 'what was God thinking?'

I guess we all have to exist in our own microcosms of the macrocosm and do what we can and hope that others will do the same.

But chin up ouija, don't let the world get you too down.

Thank you too. I don't think I could face that film at the moment, though. I wish I could 'exist in my own microcosm' but you know the saying: 'what the eye has seen, it can't un-see'. I wish I could stop the world from getting me down, but that's why I started this topic, horrible things just keep stacking up and there isn't anywhere near enough good stuff to balance it out.

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point my awareness sort of stretched out around the world and 'stuck'. I can't reel it in again ....... does that make sense?

#7    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Have been there.. These feelings have a terrible terrible ability to make the world seem dark or bleak, but they are yours to control, and can be let go.

I found the best way to get rid of this anguish was to anylyse it for what it really was. These feelings when you come to truely undertand them are yours. They dont really come from the outside world at all, even though they risen from within you by outside influences...

Once you understand this, it becomes easy to get rid of this anguish. All you need do is to realise that it is a form of self torture, then simply let it go.

Letting it go may sound a difficult thing to do now.. But the trick is really understanding it's source, which is within you. Self analysis is key.. Just sit down and relax for a while, feel the anquish, embrace it, know that it is not something external, know that it is yours and within you to use, abuse, or let go.. By use, I mean it's possible to provoke positive change in the world and your life though these feelings (but it is still a good idea to let them go).. By abuse, I mean you can let it fester and grow (but this is very self destructive). And by letting go, I mean you can simply dismiss it and send it away.. Sure it will rise again in the future, but only briefly when needed, and only for positive need.

Hope this helps.. :)

Edited by Professor T, 03 October 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#8    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,032 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 03 October 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Recently there have been several topics in UM that have particularly troubled me. They were about animal misuse and abuse. They immediately made me feel really down and they played on my mind. I am 60, and this abuse of animals(and humans too), seems neverending ..... it seems to have been around forever. The sheer number of miserable, pain-filled lives around the world, overwhelms me. It seems that even when some horror lessens or even stops altogether, a new one appears somewhere else. Sometimes it feels as if there will never be an end to the new horrors and tortures that humans can think up and then inflict upon the weak. It makes me feel as if I don't belong here and that the only time I will have relief is when I am dead.

So what I am asking for help with is this: how do I learn to cope, on a daily basis, with this excruciating anguish that, on occasion, makes me feel almost suicidal?
not to sound simplistic, but strive to be the opposite influence in the world.
that is all you can do.

#9    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hey Ouijax2,

How about some good news:
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=235187

We can't give up hope. If we do what happens then?
As I said, keep up the good work, keep fighting the good fight, you know there are 'kindred spirits' here and there are others all around you.

#10    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Maybe try to challenge those thoughts that cause you anguish and cast them out by replacing them with thoughts of the good that is in this world. Take it one step at a time.

Have a hug too (((hug)))

#11    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Cybele

• 11,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Hope this helps.. :)
Yes ....... I believe it does :)

View PostJGirl, on 03 October 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

not to sound simplistic, but strive to be the opposite influence in the world.
that is all you can do.
Thank you. Yes, I do try to do that but sometimes it just seems so inneffective. You're right, but it's so hard when you can't see any results.

View PostBling, on 03 October 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Maybe try to challenge those thoughts that cause you anguish and cast them out by replacing them with thoughts of the good that is in this world. Take it one step at a time.

Have a hug too (((hug)))
Posted Image

#12    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Oooo that hug squashed my cellulite!

#13    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Cybele

• 11,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 03 October 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hey Ouijax2,

How about some good news:
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=235187

We can't give up hope. If we do what happens then?
As I said, keep up the good work, keep fighting the good fight, you know there are 'kindred spirits' here and there are others all around you.

Yes, well done Costa Rica.

It has been helpful to have all you kindred spirits respond so positively ....... thank you all :tsu:

Edited by ouija ouija, 03 October 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#14    magnoliaReverie

magnoliaReverie

Poltergeist

• 2,912 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I feel affected by certain things as well (maybe not to the same extent as yourself). Certain threads about parents beheading and hacking up their kids I can't even bring myself to open because I know exactly how it's going to make me feel reading about it. It may not be for everyone, but that's how I avoid the unnecessary sadness and pain.

You may not have the power to affect the big global picture, but change what you have the power to change and take care of yourself because you deserve and have every right to be here.  Keep helping the world in your way and making it a better place for everyone and everything.

#15    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 03 October 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yes, well done Costa Rica.

It has been helpful to have all you kindred spirtits respond so positively ....... thank you all :tsu:

We're all in this together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users