Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dolphins,humans & Extra Terrestrials

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 08:06 AM

The magority of my work is with people who do not speak the same language as I do ., body language is an essantial part of deciphering what somebody is trying to say as I only speak english although I can swear in many many many langauges.
  I ca not see to many problems with using the "Me Tarzan" " You Jane " body language ( of course Dolphins are obviosly at a disadvntage , not having any arms and all)
I think that an extra terrestrial race intelligent enough to travel great distances through space may well be clever enough to realise some earthling signals may be different to theres .
Analysing the language of dolphins and other creatures who's  langauges  are so inherently different to our own would create new branches of study for comunications and lead us away from the limited sylable / sound interpretation method used at the moment. Facinating Mr .X

#17    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 07:04 PM

there is a theory i have heard tossed around by evolutionists that dolphins and humans share a common ancestor.  one group of our ancestor apes stayed on the land, the other took to living in the shallows of the oceans and spending lots of time in the water.  also, there is a theory that humans are descendants of the water apes that came back to the land.  that is their explanation for a dolphin's intelligence and also its DNA being so closely related to ours.  

an interesting point about this is the fact that human babies can be born underwater.  i believe the documentary linking dolphins to humans was called "water babies".  a baby will swim at birth and has a sort of rudimentary gill system that will allow them to live underwater until they need to breathe air and the wax plug blocking the lungs is removed.  humans also are the only mammal that is not covered in hair that is typical of other apes.  our hair patterns are actually closer related to dolphins than apes, in that when in the water our hair design allows much more mobility than an ape or other mammals.  scientists are puzzled by these connections and the documentary went on to link humans and dolphins in a series of interesting ways.  i would recommend finding this documentary, its eye opening.  

here is a page i found about the 'aquatic ape theory':  http://www.dickinson.edu/departments/biol/EvolutionWeb/cafaro/

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#18    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 11:33 PM

Now that is an Interesting theory . just as an added note did you Know that human fetosus actually develope gils during the gestation period.
   Where i work I often see dolphins they are wonderfull creatures to watch , the weird thing about this is the fact that if I haven't seen them myself in the day I will still know if they are coming in or not . I have witnessed the way they interact with people on a very regular basis for just over 2 years now , and these are wild ocean dolphins not captively studied ones whoe are used to human contact .
  Nice one Dshwatrz very thought provoking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users